Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Driver shortage?

OwnerOpcell

OwnerOpcell

Roll on 18 wheeler
★★★★★
Keep hearing about it but have yet to see it.
Truck stops and rest areas still stuffed over capacity.
Most aggravating part is the idiots that block off entry/exit or park in front of you.

Honk honk! More lies from the media!

That figures

Honk honk! More lies from the media!

That figures

Yes, I have yet to see any real world evidence of this. Maybe it's just a localized issue if there is any truth to it.

Yes, I have yet to see any real world evidence of this. Maybe it's just a localized issue if there is any truth to it.
More media drivel than anything I think.
Tried to stop at a rest area for lunch break, all spots taken plus more illegally parked anywhere they please.
Barely able to get in an out.
No shortage here.

Over for truckcels

Supply chains are backed up worldwide. (((Media))) says plenty of job openings, but many are only finding part-time employment.... somethings fishy.

Some of the restaurants that I used to order from are closed.

I'm guessing more places will open back up as soon as all the workers run out of their unemployment government cheese that they've been accumulating all of this time.

:p

Supply chains are backed up worldwide. (((Media))) says plenty of job openings, but many are only finding part-time employment.... somethings fishy.
Asked for a delivery time for a kenworth with a Cummins engine was told November 2022.
I know why now.
Still acting like it’s February.
Masks, taking temperature asking a bunch of stupid questions social distancing etc.

With trucking they lean on us hard in times of crisis and shit on us every other time.
We are one of the most heavily regulated and underpaid sectors of the economy.

most companies pay .52 cents per mile average a 60 hour week two weeks out minimum with a lot of uncompensated time.

sit at a dock 8+ hours get 20 dollars. Arrive at a customer and get told load canceled well sucks to be you. Even though they did charge 250 for that.

had one that was 1800 miles paid 1,872
Get to customer, drivers not allowed on dock lumpers only.
Pay 201 dollars to have freight that I did not order taken off a trailer I do not own.
I’m a transporter from dock a to dock b.