Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

does is use bot control? + a video about bad bots and dead internet theory.

Emba

Emba

Jarjar Sphinx
★★★★★
I once looked for the "robots.txt" file on is, and found nothing...

(unless it's changed to some other name?)

this is the only way that I know of, on how to control the various bots that visit a website.

anyway, is would have far less bad bot problems is the various bots were more limited in their activities.

whoever runs this place really ought to research, and shove a robots.txt file on the server...

just saying... ( ::

17 minutes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUUvb05I0-4

IMG 1653

There is 17 pages worth of bots rn, constantly monitoring .is. 40 on each page except for the last so around more than 600 bots

@Fat Link
@Uggo Mongo
@PLA1092

Lots of bots running wild...

More bots than peeps

Last edited:
A robots.txt file just tells the crawlers/bots that they are not supposed to index a certain page. Only that.
Google and other major search engines respect this and do not index the pages. They still crawl it and archive it they just don't show it out of respect for the site owner's request.

But bad robots/spies/etc can still freely search all the site and index it and archive it and do whatever they want. It doesn't actually prevent anything it basically just politely asks bots to not crawl the site.