Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Does anyone know the main publications in gender studies?

• Thread starter Deleted member 34301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34301

Self-banned
-
I am looking to read up on the literature because with the fast increasing rise of third wave feminism and the "woke" ideology I feel that I can't properly debate these people because they seemingly live in a completely different world where radical ideas seem obvious to them. I am trying to understand their methodology, contributions, who are the main thinkers, etc. because I feel like I can't defend myself well enough in academic/intellectual debate when the topic is brought up, because I'm just simply not informed enough about their justifications, motivations and contributions to the humanities

Once, and just once, I had to listen to some fat dyke bitch moan about "rape culture" as part of HR training -- and I swore on that day that I'd to be the sort of guy who has the guts to forgive himself for enduring such a humiliations because hey the rent gots to be paid.

Once, and just once, I had to listen to some fat dyke bitch moan about "rape culture" as part of HR training -- and I swore on that day that I'd to be the sort of guy who has the guts to forgive himself for enduring such a humiliations because hey the rent gots to be paid.
I just feel like I can't keep up with the phenomenon especially now that every sjw idiot seems to adopt it and preach it, so I am really interested to get a sense of the academic debate and literature on the topic.

I have heard that some professors in gender studies try to impart ideologies on their students, so it is changes academic culture as well very rapidly, and I feel like I just have to stand there looking at it while i can't do anyhting

Foids will now try to damage control. fk foids. do not take their words at face value.
@AlphaCentauri

:feelsahh::soy::feelsclown: Bruh, as an incel i have NO ONE to talk to my age, let alone feminist whores kek, y would they want to talk to me and y would i want to talk to them in the first place? What's wrong with these retarded threads lately

:feelsahh::soy::feelsclown: Bruh, as an incel i have NO ONE to talk to my age, let alone feminist whores kek, y would they want to talk to me and y would i want to talk to them in the first place? What's wrong with these retarded threads lately
Why is my thread retarded? I see the incel movement and the manosphere like mgtow growing on the one hand, as well as alt right. And on the other side you have the increasing influence of "woke" culture. Now they are even teaching kids in my county's grade schools about genderfluid, genderqueer, pansexual, twin spirits, etc. and all that crap. I feel like I can't follow this culture shift anymore while meanwhile it spreads through societies like a disease. I need to understand it at its root so I never get cornered with their ideologies and I can defend myself verbally while still being taken seriously

This is a reasonable thing to want, but I think your attempts will be futile.

The leftist belief system becomes quite "natural" when you allow yourself to view the world through the lens of nihilism and short-sighted utilitarianism.

Then, it becomes clear for instance why you want to let Africans into Europe: in the short term, it just benefits the happiness of the Africans. Long-term effects, as well as any reasoning based on national and/or ethnic value, ought to be ignored. (I say "ignored" because that's what you should do to emulate their views. They, however, truly do not realise it.)

It also becomes clear why you want to support gays: the gays become happier, and that's about it. Complex topics like the degeneration of a moral foundation are irrelevant. It is about short-time happiness. This is why it baffles them that there are people who oppose gay marriage.

Gender studies are merely an echochamber aimed to reaffirm this worldview through the power of convoluted academic jargon.

There are multiples and usually antithetical to each other.

There is no point in reading the journals, you should engage with the authors, but never read a single author. For example, if you want to read Judith Butler, try reading Camille Paglia simultaneously.

There is no point in reading the journals, you should engage with the authors, but never read a single author. For example, if you want to read Judith Butler, try reading Camille Paglia simultaneously.
Thanks i will check them out

Here's the recent papers of some gender studies journal. Go read whatever you want. Just mind that you're probably not gonna get real value out of it.
Yeah I checked which journals there are. But I was wondering who the most influential authors are. But I guess I can see who are most cited and start there. I will scan through it because I don't want too spend too much time on it, I just want to see the big picuture and get a sense. They have gender studies at my uni but I don't really know any of those folks.

Last edited:

But what does reading these authors do for us?

Thanks i will check them out

Yeah I checked which journals there are. But I was wondering who the most influential authors are. But I guess I can see who are most cited and start there. I will scan through it because I don't want too spend too much time on it, I just want to see the big picuture and get a sense. They have gender studies at my uni but I don't really know any of those folks.

I really feel like it won't help give any clear picture...
I am looking to read up on the literature because with the fast increasing rise of third wave feminism and the "woke" ideology I feel that I can't properly debate these people because they seemingly live in a completely different world where radical ideas seem obvious to them. I am trying to understand their methodology, contributions, who are the main thinkers, etc. because I feel like I can't defend myself well enough in academic/intellectual debate when the topic is brought up, because I'm just simply not informed enough about their justifications, motivations and contributions to the humanities

From what I know, many of them don't have any substantive methodology. They are masturbating to their own idols and creating a scene for activism. Most of the lay people who you might meet at Uni don't even quote people. I remember trying it myself, they just ramble using the same key words over and over to try and outwit you.

Last edited:
you really think it's possible to argue with them? from what I've seen, they'll just push you into a semanticist trap.

But what does reading these authors do for us?

I really feel like it won't help give any clear picture...

From what I know, many of them don't have any substantive methodology. They are masturbating to their own idols and creating a scene for activism. Most of the lay people who you might meet at Uni don't even quote people. I remember trying it myself, they just ramble using the same key words over and over to try and outwit you.
Yes I have also realized that the lines between the academic debate and the cultural debate are very blurry. It is ideological and most people that advocate it don't really know or understand the literature themselves. So it has become an ideology and a pretty hostile one as well, so I think it is correct to treat it as a sensitive topic, similar to how you would treat religion and politics, since there is also not really a majority consensus within the debate.

Yes I have also realized that the lines between the academic debate and the cultural debate are very blurry. It is ideological and most people that advocate it don't really know or understand the literature themselves. So it has become an ideology and a pretty hostile one as well, so I think it is correct to treat it as a sensitive topic, similar to how you would treat religion and politics, since there is also not really a majority consensus within the debate.

More like the line between academia and what happens in real life are very different and very clear once you've experienced it. They have no idea what they are talking about in University.

The cultural factors SHOULD be part of the academic debate but they are not. It seems like they just advocate whatever makes them popular in their social circles. Forget about the literature. Even that is misleading.

More like the line between academia and what happens in real life are very different and very clear once you've experienced it. They have no idea what they are talking about in University.

The cultural factors SHOULD be part of the academic debate but they are not. It seems like they just advocate whatever makes them popular in their social circles. Forget about the literature. Even that is misleading.
It doesn't mean the literature is right, but atleast I would get some insight into how this debate is being carried out, and how sociologists deal with it. There have always been schools of thought and ideologies in academia. So feminism is guilty of that, but so is connectionism, behaviorism, language schools like Wittgenstein, analytical philosophy, etc. So it is good to understand how the active paradigm influences and biases academic culture.

But I realize it is probably too much work to go through it and it feels like a field that carries a lot of sentiment as well.

It doesn't mean the literature is right, but atleast I would get some insight into how this debate is being carried out, and how sociologists deal with it. There have always been schools of thought and ideologies in academia. So feminism is guilty of that, but so is connectionism, behaviorism, language schools like Wittgenstein, analytical philosophy, etc. So it is good to understand how the active paradigm influences and biases academic culture.

But I realize it is probably too much work to go through it and it feels like a field that carries a lot of sentiment as well.
Wait...

@K9Otaku ^

tbh, this is not exactly what you are looking for but it can help nonetheless, I think

Also, what do you want to know about Wittgenstein?

Last edited:
Did you read them? What is the gist of their theories?

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back