Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone here have experience building a PC

Ricordanza

Ricordanza

Find me sittin by myself, no excuses then I know
★★★★★
My PC wasn't booting up today and I heard a long beep and two short beeps so I tried swapping around the memory sticks. That didn't work so I put in my old GT 710 and the PC booted up. Has my precious GTX 1080 gone fucko mode?

what motherboard do you have? the beeps can be indicators for what the issue is

Checking in here also, since I hope to have a gaming PC one day.

what motherboard do you have? the beeps can be indicators for what the issue is
Gigabyte B450M Ds3H V2, I checked on the internet and it says it's a RAM issue but I've tried literally every permutation with my two sticks and it simply doesn't boot with the GTX 1080

Gigabyte B450M Ds3H V2, I checked on the internet and it says it's a RAM issue but I've tried literally every permutation with my two sticks and it simply doesn't boot with the GTX 1080
it sound like it is the GPU yes, how old is it?

GPU life spans are somewhere between 4-5 years think you might have too look for a replacement or upgrade.
Aren't they supposed to last 8-10 years? There's no replacement for a 1080, everything after the 10 series is dogshit

Aren't they supposed to last 8-10 years? There's no replacement for a 1080, everything after the 10 series is dogshit
8-10 thats CPU, gpu is under heavier loads that the CPU alot of the time, atleast if you game. most GPUs start haveing issues around the 3-4 years mark

8-10 thats CPU, gpu is under heavier loads that the CPU alot of the time, atleast if you game. most GPUs start haveing issues around the 3-4 years mark
Yeah but I barely used it. I used it for maybe 1.5 years out of the 6 for gaming, it was just sitting on my desk most of the time

Yeah but I barely used it. I used it for maybe 1.5 years out of the 6 for gaming, it was just sitting on my desk most of the time
is there alot of dust in the GPU? maybe just a quick blow over with compressed air can fix it?

Use other 8 pin

is there alot of dust in the GPU? maybe just a quick blow over with compressed air can fix it?
Yes there is. I'll have to buy a can to test out your hypothesis. Also the golden pin of the PCIE on the GPU has some very minute dark lines and spots, is that of any significance?

Use other 8 pin
My PSU has 2 6+2 pins and the 1080 needs both of them, could be an issue with the PSU too, since the 710 doesn't need a separate power connection

. Also the golden pin of the PCIE on the GPU has some very minute dark lines and spots, is that of any significance?
that can be relevant but im not sure

My PC wasn't booting up today and I heard a long beep and two short beeps so I tried swapping around the memory sticks. That didn't work so I put in my old GT 710 and the PC booted up. Has my precious GTX 1080 gone fucko mode?
rip ur gtx 1080 one of the best cards ever machined

It's over for GTX 1080cels