Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone have a person they talk to similar to this?

Kointo1

Kointo1

27 y/o khhv neet outcast
-
There's this guy that I talk to frequently, and he takes everything I say seriously to the point where he thinks I'm borderline mentally deficient. I usually never say anything with serious intent to him, so it's understandable. Maybe it's autism that causes me to not give off a sarcastic vibe, or maybe it's my lack of articulation skills.

Has anyone else had an acquaintance act similar to this? Someone who takes everything you say seriously? Its quite annoying since I don't think I'm an idiot, yet he says I am because of the comical manner in which I act.

why you call yourself autist

nausea said:
why you call yourself autist

Because I act like one in social situations.

Is this person on the internet or in real life?

Perhaps his the autistic one.

KyloRen said:
Is this person on the internet or in real life?

Perhaps his the autistic one.

Real life. He's one of the only people I still talk to in real life.

Why do you say that?

Kointo said:
Real life. He's one of the only people I still talk to in real life.

Why do you say that?

You can't show emotion via the internet. Some folks may take shitposting as serious feelings.

Depending on this person's view of you, how long you've known him, how close you are, will influence what he thinks of you. 

Without knowing that information... if he's taking everything you say seriously, it might be a lack of your ability to properly articulate sarcasm. Then again, he might not be able to read proper social cues. Do you speak to anyone else and do they say the same thing?

KyloRen said:
You can't show emotion via the internet. Some folks may take shitposting as serious feelings.

Depending on this person's view of you, how long you've known him, how close you are, will influence what he thinks of you. 

Without knowing that information... if he's taking everything you say seriously, it might be a lack of your ability to properly articulate sarcasm. Then again, he might not be able to read proper social cues. Do you speak to anyone else and do they say the same thing?

It is not from shitposting, it's real life. I've known him for about a year and a half, and I'm not close to anybody.

I think the problem may be that I never say anything serious to him, so he thinks I'm being serious when I'm not and vice versa. Also not being able to articulate sarcasm could be a reason. He says he has aspergers, but he seems to talk to people perfectly fine.

As for talking to other people, I think I act differently in front of different people. I rarely change my tone when I talk to him (I talk in a sarcastic tone to him). For other people I don't. I can't help it.

Kointo said:
It is not from shitposting, it's real life. I've known him for about a year and a half, and I'm not close to anybody.

I think the problem may be that I never say anything serious to him, so he thinks I'm being serious when I'm not and vice versa. Also not being able to articulate sarcasm could be a reason. He says he has aspergers, but he seems to talk to people perfectly fine.

As for talking to other people, I think I act differently in front of different people. I rarely change my tone when I talk to him (I talk in a sarcastic tone to him). For other people I don't. I can't help it.

Well, it might be the fault of both of you guys. You never talk seriously to him, how can he discern? And if he has aspergers, then that explains his lack of attention to social cues.

KyloRen said:
Well, it might be the fault of both of you guys. You never talk seriously to him, how can he discern? And if he has aspergers, then that explains his lack of attention to social cues.

Maybe.

I do this too.

You've set up a serious of preconditions in your head that the other party isn't privy to. Or he's just kinda slow on the uptake.

A Good Friend said:
I do this too.

You've set up a serious of preconditions in your head that the other party isn't privy to. Or he's just kinda slow on the uptake.

Or I'm slow on the downtake (if that's a word). I'm terrible at articulating myself in real life. I have no time to think about what I want to say, so I just say a joke or anything but actual conversation.

I can't say things like "How was your day?" or "What have you been doing lately?" without wincing.

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
I do this too.
Or I'm slow on the downtake (if that's a word). I'm terrible at articulating myself in real life. I have no time to think about what I want to say, so I just say a joke or anything but actual conversation.
I can't say things like "How was your day?" or "What have you been doing lately?" without wincing.

Yeah, just seems artificial. When you're shitposting about Maid Dragon, you're putting more of your real self and intention in to that.

at least that's how I feel, the asshole on the internet might be who I really am

1515543525573.png

if he has aspergers and you're trying to talk in an non-direct manner you're just setting him up for misunderstandings

incelkingkong said:
if he has aspergers and you're trying to talk in an non-direct manner you're just setting him up for misunderstandings

I suppose you are correct.

A Good Friend said:
Yeah, just seems artificial. When you're shitposting about Maid Dragon, you're putting more of your real self and intention in to that.

at least that's how I feel, the asshole on the internet might be who I really am

1515543525573.png

4plebs.org? You get all of your pictures from there.

@kointo

If I'm looking for a specific thing I'll usually duckduckgo it, but if it's something that floats primarily on 4chan I go to the archives like 4plebs. I wish I could just drop images from my folders instead of having to host them somewhere.

1494337772810.jpg

Christ, I had a motherfucker of a time formatting this post

A Good Friend said:
If I'm looking for a specific thing I'll usually duckduckgo it, but if it's something that floats primarily on 4chan I go to the archives like 4plebs. I wish I could just drop images from my folders instead of having to host them somewhere.

1494337772810.jpg

giphy.gif

Is it worth using duckduckgo instead of google?

Kointo said:
Is it worth using duckduckgo instead of google?

Ideally, I use Bing!, but DuckDuckGo is faster. Bing! gives more images. I haven't used Google in years because it only searches a narrow band of the internet.

I have almost never been taken seriously in conversations because I was seen as "weird" but its probably not this. It might be your tone of voice or that he sees you as always serious.

yeah, a lot of people don't get me, but it wasn't always like that. It started happening more once my looks declined. So I think it was failo effect in my case.

Maybe autist-2-autist communication is what causes the breakdown.

FeminismsCancer said:
Maybe autist-2-autist communication is what causes the breakdown.

It must be so.

yes, one chad I used to communicate with solely through facebook messenger would respond seriously to everything I said. I would say something outrageous that is clearly a joke and he would be like "no man wtf that's fucked up" and I would say "you know im joking right?" and he'd say "i know" so idk why the fuck he would always respond so autistically serious. normies are the autistic ones for not getting it.

Yeah I get it all the time. You and you're Donkey Kong shizzle. Its hard to tell over a computer.

oilonthe-Rose said:
Yeah I get it all the time. You and you're Donkey Kong shizzle. Its hard to tell over a computer.

Oh yeah. It's all jokes, don't worry. I know you mean Dylan Klebold.

Indari said:
yes, one chad I used to communicate with solely through facebook messenger would respond seriously to everything I said. I would say something outrageous that is clearly a joke and he would be like "no man wtf that's fucked up" and I would say "you know im joking right?" and he'd say "i know" so idk why the fuck he would always respond so autistically serious. normies are the autistic ones for not getting it.

HHmmmmmm, reminds me of something else that happened....

maxresdefault.jpg

Kointo said:
HHmmmmmm, reminds me of something else that happened....

maxresdefault.jpg

What a fucking

nigger

KyloRen said:
What a fucking

nigger

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx9r8WO9XQU[/video]

A CONVERSATION

Him:
[attachment=1132]
Me:
[attachment=1133]
Him:
[attachment=1134]
Me:
[attachment=1135]
Him:
[attachment=1136]
Him:
[attachment=1137]

Me:
[attachment=1138]
Him:
[attachment=1139]
Me:
[attachment=1140]
Him:
[attachment=1141]
Me:
[attachment=1142]
Him:
[attachment=1143]

Me:
[attachment=1145]
Him:
[attachment=1148]

@facade @kyloren @"a good friend" @artoriaswolf Any thoughts? He's a little bit of a dick, isn't he?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.10.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.10.17 PM.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.10.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.10.33 PM.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.10.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.10.45 PM.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.00 PM.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.14 PM.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.20 PM.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.29 PM.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.37 PM.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.11.49 PM.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.12.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.12.01 PM.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.12.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.12.09 PM.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.12.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.12.14 PM.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.30.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.30.07 PM.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.30.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.30.14 PM.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 114
Oh, so he is just a straight up cunt. That is solved then.

Well the entire conversation is clearly based on his insecurity. You never intended to sound smart or to use "Big fancy words" He only assumed that you are trying to sound smart.Perhaps because he is not used to your way of expressing your thoughts? Most online chat conversations are just made out of silly smileys and short low iq sentences. I never had the impression that you use big fancy words in order to sound smart. Your way of writing seems authentic to me.

Keep in mind that I'm just a non native speaker so my judgement is purely based on my own subjective impression

ArtoriasWolf said:
Oh, so he is just a straight up cunt. That is solved then.

Lol ok. You don't think there's truth to any of his words?

Facade said:
Well the entire conversation is clearly based on his insecurity. You never intended to sound smart or to use "Big fancy words" He only assumed that you are trying to sound smart.Perhaps because he is not used to your way of expressing your thoughts? Most online chat conversations are just made out of silly smileys and short low iq sentences. I never had the impression that you use big fancy words to sound smart. Your way of writing seems authentic to me.

Keep in mind that I'm just a non native speaker so my judgement is purely based on my own subjective impression

I think he still may be holding onto the notion that I'm an idiot.

Your way of writing seems authentic as well.

Kointo said:

The only thing I see is that he is looking to argue. 

Eh...maybe someone can see something more than me in this.

ArtoriasWolf said:
The only thing I see is that he is looking to argue. 

Eh...maybe someone can see something more than me in this.

Or maybe he's used to low effort posts like @facade said. Don't know...

Kointo said:

I think he still may be holding onto the notion that I'm an idiot.

Your way of writing seems authentic as well.

Didn't you say that you are autistic? Maybe that could be the reason

Facade said:
Didn't you say that you are autistic? Maybe that could be the reason

Not officially diagnosed, but I act like it.

You mean that could lead him to thinking I'm an imbecile?

This is what made him think I was trying to look "smart" in the first place.
[attachment=1150]

I have no idea why he got that impression from these basic sentences.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 9.40.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 9.40.20 PM.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 93
Kointo said:
Not officially diagnosed, but I act like it.

You mean that could lead him to thinking I'm an imbecile?

This is what made him think I was trying to look "smart" in the first place.

I have no idea why he got that impression from these basic sentences.

Your friend is autistic. Getting bugged by proper sentence structure.

8l3_EFrf.png

He gets very defensive, says that you're trying to piss him off. He wants a response, he wants you to say that you're not that smart, you're not as "formal" as he is. He says you look more like an idiot. Again, his own insecurities.

KyloRen said:
Your friend is autistic. Getting bugged by proper sentence structure.

8l3_EFrf.png

He gets very defensive, says that you're trying to piss him off. He wants a response, he wants you to say that you're not that smart, you're not as "formal" as he is. He says you look more like an idiot. Again, his own insecurities.

His own insecurities....maybe. 

It's an inane thing to get annoyed by.

Agree with Facade on this one. He wants you to stoop to his level so his shit tier AIM-speak doesn't look retarded in comparison.

blickpall said:
Agree with Facade on this one. He wants you to stoop to his level so his shit tier AIM-speak doesn't look retarded in comparison.

Most likely. It's ridiculous how he thought typing in standard English was a problem, or I was trying to look "smart."

It's impossible to tell who's at fault just from this. However I'm inclined to take your side because it's not difficult to tell if someone is joking no matter how bad their delivery may be.

Framecel222 said:
It's impossible to tell who's at fault just from this. However I'm inclined to take your side because it's not difficult to tell if someone is joking no matter how bad their delivery may be.

See my newest thread and give me your opinion. 

https://incels.is/Thread-Serious-An-update-on-the-friend-situation