Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else say stupid things every time you let yourself speak? That's why I've learned to be quiet most of the time.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
This might actually be one of my many autistic traits though, I'm not sure.

After the many stupid or downright cringy things I said, I remember many times having to scream at myself in my mind to shut up and never, ever take the initiative to say something or respond creatively with one of my random thoughts or opinions.

Unfortunately, every now and then I lose the tight control over my mouth and I let one of my random thoughts or opinions slip out. God I hate it when that happens, I have to drill it into myself to never speak again unless spoken to and only respond with the minimum to appear nice and smart.

I need to train myself before I have to go wageslave, can't afford to be a sperg yet again (every time I sort of get to a fresh start in life, inevitably I fail to turn things around and am known as a slightly weird guy again). I still have almost a year of the bullshit degree I'm doing, so perhaps I can actively try not saying stupid shit to the people there, although I already slipped once or twice.

I think part of the problem is that in this life I've spoken to people my age very, very rarely. If we don't count school then I've basically been a hermit monk who has taken the vow of silence. So when I do speak my brain sort of panics and spouts random shit, or my mouth doesn't say what my brain thinks.

I remember doing this as a kid too, I'd be really quiet and shy when meeting someone, but then if I warmed up to them I started being a sperg sort of talking and doing stupid shit.

I don’t have someone to talk so can’t relate that much tbh.

You're probably autistic and unattractive so why fuss about the fact that your words will confirm this? They're bound to notice, anyway. Might as well not worry any further.

Yeah, I keep quiet as well.

Last edited:
You're probably autistic and unattractive so why fuss about the fact that your words will confirm this? They're bound to notice, anyway. Might as well not worry any further.
The thing is, if I let myself be myself or talk, then I create too many embarrassing moments for myself. I already have daily flashbacks of cringe or downright humiliating moments. There are some words or situations that remind me immediately of some things, and it basically stuns me for a few moments till I am able to clear those intrusive thoughts.

Last edited:
I already have daily flashbacks of cringe or downright humiliating moments.

Ask yourself how many humiliating moments you remember of others, anyone, out of the hundreds of people you've met. Chances are it's zero, or a few at best. Yet, even normies have awkward memories from the past. I don't mean to say "just be confident bro", but most likely, whatever you fuss about, you're probably the only one who cares or even remembers.

I often say very low-IQ things and people laugh. I tried to talk as little as possible. Dont know what i have but it was always like that.

Ask yourself how many humiliating moments you remember of others, anyone, out of the hundreds of people you've met. Chances are it's zero, or a few at best. Yet, even normies have awkward memories from the past. I don't mean to say "just be confident bro", but most likely, whatever you fuss about, you're probably the only one who cares or even remembers.
That is true, thanks for the advice bro. I did try to think like that before, I must try harder to maintain that mindset and not revert to my usual anxiety.
I don’t have someone to talk so can’t relate that much tbh.
Since the quarantine it's been bliss and I literally haven't talked to anybody but my parents. Literally not one person. Although nothing good lasts forever, so eventually I'll have to go back into society. God, I wish could be a neet forever.

Same, especially over text, always start conflict.