Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Does anyone else often zone out while gaming and think of other stuff?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I do this so often! I was playing Doom 64 yesterday and it just had that sweet spot of being not too difficult, enough to keep me hooked in, not super confusing or frustrating most of the time... so I could just zone out and think about life stuff XD

I still enjoy the game and I do think I'm experiencing it "fully" but... I dunno.

Apparently Einstein used to do this? Do something menial to "activate" his brain and then think about bigger stuff at the same time. It can be good for simple jobs like shelf stacking.

Anywho, just wondered if anyone else did this!

ye i think bout banging ur mom

I do this so often! I was playing Doom 64 yesterday and it just had that sweet spot of being not too difficult, enough to keep me hooked in, not super confusing or frustrating most of the time... so I could just zone out and think about life stuff XD

I still enjoy the game and I do think I'm experiencing it "fully" but... I dunno.

Apparently Einstein used to do this? Do something menial to "activate" his brain and then think about bigger stuff at the same time. It can be good for simple jobs like shelf stacking.

no my spark the electric jester runs require 100% focus you wouldnt get it

but actually yes i hate it i hate it i dont like thinking much

Only sometimes. I'm usually far more inclined to zone in, and completely immerse myself and lose myself into the game world, and forget the real world even exists. It's a nice cope when your life is a miserable hell.

In fact, I did this just the last two nights, grinding on Raft, on Steam. Just me, and the shark. Nobody else. Well, actually, there was a wild boar that was kicking my ass. But I left his stupid ass on that island. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha:

no my spark the electric jester runs require 100% focus you wouldnt get it

but actually yes i hate it i hate it i dont like thinking much

lol I still need to complete the original game. I've played the demo of the third one. And the second is on my wishlist :D

Only sometimes. I'm usually far more inclined to zone in, and completely immerse myself and lose myself into the game world, and forget the real world even exists. It's a nice cope when your life is a miserable hell.

In fact, I did this just the last two nights, grinding on Raft, on Steam. Just me, and the shark. Nobody else. Well, actually, there was a wild boar that was kicking my ass. But I left his stupid ass on that island. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha:

Maybe I should try immersing myself more sometimes. I do think usually I have a mix of the two, depending on what's going on in the game.

Is that game good then? The reviews look good :o

I haven't gamed in years. Feels like a chore tbh

Maybe I should try immersing myself more sometimes. I do think usually I have a mix of the two, depending on what's going on in the game.

Is that game good then? The reviews look good :o
Depends on what you're looking for. I like to kick back, build my raft fortress and collect my menial junk, while riding the open ocean. It can get very repetitive, especially if you play like me and don't really work toward the end game, but it's relaxing. At least it is in easy mode, where I don't have to worry as much about hunger, thirst, and the shark.

Yeah

Depends on what you're looking for. I like to kick back, build my raft fortress and collect my menial junk, while riding the open ocean. It can get very repetitive, especially if you play like me and don't really work toward the end game, but it's relaxing. At least it is in easy mode, where I don't have to worry as much about hunger, thirst, and the shark.

I tend to play more action games but it does look kind of cool.

I bought The Long Dark today so that should be a fun survival experience especially now I've gotten a bit burned out on Project Zomboid.

Do you build for the enjoyment of building or does it help you do something?

I do this all the time when I'm eu4celing. Just play some tunes, zone out, and mindlessly paint the map. It's so comfy :feelscomfy:

Do you build for the enjoyment of building or does it help you do something?
I do it because I enjoy it, and I want to allow my mind to roam free.

Yes. While gaming, I was always having thoughts of my negative experiences, due to ASD.

Yes, can't give my full attention to the game sometimes

Not when i was playing crysis or ghost rekon wildlands.