Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Does anyone else here like open source video games? :D

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★
I've been playing this great game recently called Surge The Rabbit!

Definitely one of the best open source games I've ever played! I'd love to find more open source action games like this.

Other good ones I can think of are Battle For Wesnoth, Planeshift, The Mana World, FreeDoom and there are many others! I think lots of the newer classic Doom engines are open source too.

Anywho, I think they're very powerful and flexible things that can be developed so much in future and everyone has so much freedom to work with as they wish to!

Does anyone else like this kind of games or have any faves? ^^

Hm, I don't know what that is!

I haven't had sex since I was born, that's why.

aw heh >.<

But erm... I mean, I didn't say these games were popular I just said they were open source games that I personally think are good.

Open source games generally speaking don't tend to be as good as closed source ones but you have that added element of freedom. You can see all the source code, help more easily with the development of the game yourself, fork it, mod it more easily, etc etc.

I think Ryzom is also open source at least now and that's a more popular MMO I believe.

One reason I made this thread though was because it has been a long time since I've looked into them and there are probably lots of good ones out there that I don't know about.

aw heh >.<

But erm... I mean, I didn't say these games were popular I just said they were open source games that I personally think are good.

Open source games generally speaking don't tend to be as good as closed source ones but you have that added element of freedom. You can see all the source code, help more easily with the development of the game yourself, fork it, mod it more easily, etc etc.

I think Ryzom is also open source at least now and that's a more popular MMO I believe.

One reason I made this thread though was because it has been a long time since I've looked into them and there are probably lots of good ones out there that I don't know about.
I am willing to play one of them with you if you are willing.
Honestly I am not really invested in gaming.

I am willing to play one of them with you if you are willing.
Honestly I am not really invested in gaming.

Hm, what genres do you usually play?

I think I tend to go for action games but sometimes I like strategy too. Oh and survival! And usually indie games.

Most games I play are not open source. Surge was the first one in a while although I love the Doom mods and engines.

Anything that my old ass pc can emulate (name it no$gba and desmume)

I play too many games on Roblox, lol. Like Jailbreak and Mad City but just on private servers.

Most other games I've been playing recently aren't free though. Hm. Things like Door Kickers: Action Squad, The Long Dark, Project Zomboid and Contagion.

Risk: Global Domination is free I guess ^^

I play too many games on Roblox, lol. Like Jailbreak and Mad City but just on private servers.

Most other games I've been playing recently aren't free though. Hm. Things like Door Kickers: Action Squad, The Long Dark, Project Zomboid and Contagion.

Risk: Global Domination is free I guess ^^
what pc specs do you have?

Kek intel core 2 duo?

Low enough for me to not want to own up to what they are!

But to be fair the main reason is just laziness. I have a new PC case in a box behind me as I need to build a whole new machine (this one can't really be upgraded more than I have already) but I just can't be bothered to do it XD

Plus I've been quite busy also I guess. Other stuff going on!

Lol is that just a reskinned sonic

Lol is that just a reskinned sonic

I think it's mostly designed to be an open source 2D Sonic game engine (which is called Open Surge).

The Surge The Rabbit game itself... hm. It kind of strikes me as equal parts creative project and demo for the engine.

I did really enjoy it though, whatever it's designed to be!

I found Surge on this website. I'll have another look through it soon I think as I bet I could find some more real gems!

It seems pretty comprehensive.

Yes.

When I was a young child, I'd visit open-source sites for games.

Yes.

When I was a young child, I'd visit open-source sites for games.

Oh are there any other good sites I'm not aware of? :)

I haven't looked into it for quite a while.

Maybe that's why it's interesting again as they don't seem to get released often so as it's been a while maybe now I'm finally discovering some new ones!

I've been playing this great game recently called Surge The Rabbit!

Definitely one of the best open source games I've ever played! I'd love to find more open source action games like this.

Other good ones I can think of are Battle For Wesnoth, Planeshift, The Mana World, FreeDoom and there are many others! I think lots of the newer classic Doom engines are open source too.

Anywho, I think they're very powerful and flexible things that can be developed so much in future and everyone has so much freedom to work with as they wish to!

Does anyone else like this kind of games or have any faves? ^^
Unfortunately, I don't play many video games at all, open-source or otherwise... :feelsjuice:

But it sounds like an interesting concept for gaming. :feelshehe: