Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else hate this? (Brutal celebritypill)

Mortycel

Mortycel

Greycel
Anytime you see an ugly or short male actor, they always have to play the role of a joke character or a role where their flaw is essential to the character, unless its a guy with a handsome face whos only a little short like 5'8, in which case he wears lifts or they use camera tricks to make him appear taller. I was thinking about this, and it's actually so fucking brutal. Most people get their depiction of masculinity from hollywood, and height is basically inexorably tied to that. Being tall is a characteristic of the hero, being short is the characteristic of the villain or the goofy sidekick. An example of this is that in the comics, wolverine is 5'3, but hugh jackman who plays him is a whole fucking FOOT taller than that. And some of this stuff is so subconscious, most people wouldn't even think about it. Like I was watching TCAP last night and thought about how different and ridiculous it would be if Chris Hansen was 5'5 instead of 6'2. It really wouldn't work. The predators basically automatically respect him (even when they think he's the father) largely because of his stature.

And also, I feel like any time you see an ugly or short male celebrity, they have to constantly make self depreciating jokes about their looks or height. Like jestermaxxing is a requirement. And people will go "see, that guy is comfortable with his looks/height because he can joke about it". But I really don't think that's the case. Actually, I think people who make self depreciating jokes like that are probably more insecure, but a guy who is really short and is indifferent to it and doesn't constantly put himself at the butt of the joke for his height makes normies uncomfortable for some reason I guess.

Danny Devito comes to mind.

If he wasn't an actor who could find jestermaxx roles, he'd be a janitor. Tell me he doesn't look like a janitor.

Society views short and ugly men as creatures, good only for its own amusement.

I remember the outrage when Peeta in hunger games was casted as an chadlet. Nothing can redeem manletism.