Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious does anyone else get a bad reaction to cannabis

quinn24

quinn24

Stay asleep
★★★★★
it gets hailed as being relatively harmless (and im sure it is for a lot of people), but for me it seems to make me feel abysmal the next day, even in comparison to using heroin ironically. although i didn't have any issues with the high itself. the two days that i took it, i ate some hash edibles then went to sleep. then i felt very sad the next day, unusually so it seems. though it could be a coincidence

Hmm, maybe @NEETAndTidy has something to say about this.

I get panic attacks.

Nope. I always took to pot like a fly on shit. I'm more panicked and paranoid sober tbh. Then again I tend to drink a bunch of coffee and chain smoke cigarettes when sober so that's probably why. I digress.
edit: Oh, you were talking about the hangover. Yes it has a hangover contrary to popular belief. If you're eating well and exercising it won't though, so do that if you feel like smoking again.

Edibles really fuck you up id reccomend smoking until you have a tolerance

I stopped using weed 2 weeks ago but towards the end it was making me paranoid as fuck. Literally thought people were watching me through my window and shit and got scared of the dark again like I did when I was a kid. Then again there were other things contributing to the paranoia. Not big enough reason to quit I'm just taking a break right now. And I was depressed as fuck during that time but same thing as the paranoia there were multiple factors.
I hear that heroin has no hangover until it does.

I felt nauseous from smoking not too long ago. Sometimes I can have panic attacks.

It’s mostly alright though. Weed is a good stress reliever.

I wouldn't know at all tbh. I've never done it.

I stopped using weed 2 weeks ago but towards the end it was making me paranoid as fuck. Literally thought people were watching me through my window and shit and got scared of the dark again like I did when I was a kid. Then again there were other things contributing to the paranoia. Not big enough reason to quit I'm just taking a break right now. And I was depressed as fuck during that time but same thing as the paranoia there were multiple factors.
I hear that heroin has no hangover until it does.
did it make you paranoid/depressed while high, or while you were sober, or both?

did it make you paranoid/depressed while high, or while you were sober, or both?
paranoia while I was high. Couldn't tell about the depressed part.

last time i smoked weed i was hallucinating hard lol. i was with some friends and suddenly i couldnt see their faces, then everyone looked the same, i could feel my blood flowing from my feet to my head, i started getting paranoid af because i was starting to see people that wasnt there and some strange shadows, i looked down and tried to solve equations in my head to stop thinking about it.
apparently weed is worse and even enhances depression and other mental illneses

last time i smoked weed i was hallucinating hard lol. i was with some friends and suddenly i couldnt see their faces, then everyone looked the same, i could feel my blood flowing from my feet to my head, i started getting paranoid af because i was starting to see people that wasnt there and some strange shadows, i looked down and tried to solve equations in my head to stop thinking about it.
apparently weed is worse and even enhances depression and other mental illneses
i havent gotten those kinds of hallucinations, but i have had auditory hallucinations

im not sure if this stuff is safe for me mentally though, and its truly a shame since i wanted a safer alternative to heroin. but im fine with acid ironically
Edibles really fuck you up id reccomend smoking until you have a tolerance
i cant smoke due to living conditions. but either way i like to get fucked up when it comes to drugs

I’d recommended it even if it’s just once. You never know...
I honestly shill monster energy so hard on here because it Just is an elevated feeling tbh. What is the weed like?

I honestly shill monster energy so hard on here because it Just is an elevated feeling tbh. What is the weed like?

It wasn’t for me, I had a panic attack. I think it’s ultimately determined on the type of person.

It wasn’t for me, I had a panic attack. I think it’s ultimately determined on the type of person.
What type of person do you think it's ideal for tbh?

Only tried it a couple times when I was a teenager, hated it. Weed just made my anxiety even worse, light drinking does a far better job at calming me down.

What type of person do you think it's ideal for tbh?

I’m clueless about that stuff tbh. A better person to ask is @Weed. All I know is that some people prefer it while other’s don’t.

i havent gotten those kinds of hallucinations, but i have had auditory hallucinations

im not sure if this stuff is safe for me mentally though, and its truly a shame since i wanted a safer alternative to heroin. but im fine with acid ironically

i cant smoke due to living conditions. but either way i like to get fucked up when it comes to drugs
Smoking it gets you llenty fucked up. Edibles are too much for people with low tolerance

Don't want to find out. I doubt weed will makeup for my inceldom.

last time i smoked weed i was hallucinating hard lol. i was with some friends and suddenly i couldnt see their faces, then everyone looked the same,

I had a similar experience except I completely lost my vision for a minute or two.
Everything suddenly got blurry and even though I was blinking, all I saw was yellow light.

I’m clueless about that stuff tbh. A better person to ask is @Weed. All I know is that some people prefer it while other’s don’t.
weed is for ldaring and only for those who want to ldar tbhtbhngl

Last edited:
It is common for marijuana to cause panic attacks and psychotic ideation. As THC activates the default mode network, it is in fact a mildly dissociative drug that is properly related to drugs such as ketamine, PCP, and DXM -- it is just a milder in manner and has a different neurological mechanism of action than NMDAR antagonism to produce a similar large scale neurological activity pattern.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0070074

Abstract

Evidence is increasing for involvement of the endocannabinoid system in cognitive functions including attention and executive function, as well as in psychiatric disorders characterized by cognitive deficits, such as schizophrenia. Executive function appears to be associated with both modulation of active networks and inhibition of activity in the default mode network. In the present study, we examined the role of the endocannabinoid system in executive function, focusing on both the associated brain network and the default mode network. A pharmacological functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) study was conducted with a placebo-controlled, cross-over design, investigating effects of the endocannabinoid agonist Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) on executive function in 20 healthy volunteers, using a continuous performance task with identical pairs. Task performance was impaired after THC administration, reflected in both an increase in false alarms and a reduction in detected targets. This was associated with reduced deactivation in a set of brain regions linked to the default mode network, including posterior cingulate cortex and angular gyrus. Less deactivation was significantly correlated with lower performance after THC. Regions that were activated by the continuous performance task, notably bilateral prefrontal and parietal cortex, did not show effects of THC. These findings suggest an important role for the endocannabinoid system in both default mode modulation and executive function. This may be relevant for psychiatric disorders associated with executive function deficits, such as schizophrenia and ADHD.

That is similar to the effect of ketamine and other NMDAR antagonists, though I believe it to be a dampened such effect as for example it seems to not cause diminished parietal cortex activation so cognitive insight is easier to maintain.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23049758

A prominent feature of the human brain's global architecture is the anticorrelation of default-mode vs. task-positive systems. Here,we show that administration of an NMDA glutamate receptor antagonist, ketamine, disrupted the reciprocal relationship between these systems in terms of task-dependent activation and connectivity during performance of delayed working memory. Furthermore, the degree of this disruption predicted task performance and transiently evoked symptoms characteristic of schizophrenia.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...rrelates_of_Insight_in_Dreaming_and_Psychosis

Conclusions

In conclusion, recent EEG and neuroimaging research shows that regions that have been related to psychotic insight deficits are highly activated in lucid compared to non-lucid dreaming. This fact empirically substantiates the analogy between the metacognitive impairments in psychosis and non-lucid dreaming. While research into lucid dreaming is currently limited by the rarity of the phenomenon, metacognitive training or other lucid dreaming induction methods might lead to new therapeutic approaches by improving insight in psychosis. Lucid dreaming therefore transforms the dreaming psychosis model from an interesting idea with a long history into a testable scientific hypothesis and a promising new therapeutic approach.

To summarize, the empirical findings reviewed here constitute neurobiological evidence of the theoretical idea that dreaming indeed might serve as a model of psychosis: cortical, in particular prefrontal, medial parietal and inferior temporal regions that are linked to insight problems in psychosis show striking overlap with brain regions in which activation increases during dreaming are associated with the gain of insight into the current state of mind (see Fig. 3). From a network point of view, schizophrenia patients show disconnectivity within the frontoparietal network and stronger connectivity within the default mode network [79,80], with the exception of default mode network regions implicated in self-referential processing, within which patients with poor insight show decreased connectivity [56].

Prefrontal and pa-rietal regions are involved in most higher cognitive processes like intelligence or working memory [43], in particular the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex has been associated with metacognitive evalua-tion[44,45]. The precuneus has been proposed to be the pivotal region involved in self-referential processing [46]. The fronto-parietal activation pattern observed during lucid REM sleep therefore nicely mirrors the reinstantiation of reflective capabilities experienced during lucid dreaming. In contrast to the default mode network-like activation patterns of normal REM sleep [41] , brain regions activated during lucid dreaming comprise substantial parts of the frontoparietal control network [35]. This network has been postulated to integrate information coming from both the default mode and attention networks by switching between competing internally and externally directed processes[47]. Due to this role as a kind of meta-network, the frontoparietal control network might be seen as an ideal candidate subserving processes of metacogni-tion like dream lucidity[48].

THC actually does increase your brain's similarity to the brain of an individual with psychosis, though seemingly to a muted extent. The psychotic ideation sans cognitive anosognosia means essentially that THC will cause you to have bizarre and potentially scary delusional ideation that you can recognize to a substantial extent as being wrong (due to maintenance of parietal cortex activation). The diminished ability to deactive the default mode network also leads to highly associative thought and rapidly firing intuits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind-wandering

Mind-wandering (sometimes referred to as task-unrelated thought) is the experience of thoughts not remaining on a single topic for a long period of time, particularly when people are engaged in an attention-demanding task.[1]

https://erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_effects.shtml

interruption of linear memory; difficulty following a train of thought
racing thoughts (especially at high doses)

So you get rapid toggling from system 1 to system 2:

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/154f/9a7fb5f1ee00c34f2d918db9825ca5b09f17.pdf

System 1 has been variously characterized as 'intuitive', 'emotion-driven' and 'experiential'; whereas System 2 has been characterized as, 'controlled', 'rule-based', 'rational' and 'analytic'. We know of two lines of work which link cognitive neuroscience to this classical form of dual process theory:one which looks at logical reasoning (Goel and Dolan, 2003), the other moral judgments (Greene et al., 2004). Both identify areas in the DMN and TPN associated with System 1 and System 2 reasoning respectively. Hence, the link between dual-process theories of cognition and the DMN vs.TPN dichotomy appears worthy of further investigation.

System 1 generates highly associative and fuzzy outputs very rapidly, system 2 catches them and can process them linearly while suppressing system 1. THC reduces the ability to maintain access in parts of the neural substrate associated with system 2 and causes system 1 to essentially be rapidly queried which leads to incoherence of thought if it happens too rapidly. System 2 is also where error checking is, but THC doesn't seem to cause sufficient effect to remove metacognitive insight into intuits -- which could actually make it more scary seeming as there is a high ability to recognize the rapid firing and oftentimes delusional ideation being shot into system 2 by system 1, even as system 2 has diminished ability to linearly follow out any of the intuits and rather falls into system 1 more rapidly than normal creating a very fast paced highly branching associative style of thought that can go into incoherence and be riddled with bizarre and psychotic notions.

Last edited:
I get panic attacks.
I used to get on the verge of panic attacks if I smoked weed around people I didnt know. My legs would shake and my teeth would start chattering. Weed was only really good to play video games with and even then only certain games. It's been almost two years since I smoked though

Weed really fucks with my heart.
I try to enjoy the high but my chest hurts so bad I feel like I will die.
And it doesn't go away for an hour or too.
It happens every single time.

Alcohol is way better because it gives me no chest pain

I never smoked or drunk alcohol tbh. and will not later.

I become paranoid and depressed so I need to play some games to distract myself. It only help for sleeping but 2-3 hours after smoking.

If I go to bed pure stoned, in the morning my eyes feel that right crusty way that you only seem to get from smoking weed. It's nothing in comparison to a hangover or the come down from mdma or coke. Never had the chance to try decent opiate. Tramadol is only one I've tried.