Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you use a cooling pad for laptops?

RuudVanNistelrooy

RuudVanNistelrooy

i'm far from the star
★★★★★
Recently I have purchased a pretty powerful laptop but my dad is bugging me to get a cooling pad. Do they actually work because summer is coming but I think most of them are trash with insufficient cooling abilities?
Also I am not willing to pay more than 50 euros no matter what.

Recently I have purchased a pretty powerful laptop but my dad is bugging me to get a cooling pad. Do they actually work because summer is coming but I think most of them are trash with insufficient cooling abilities?
Also I am not willing to pay more than 50 euros no matter what.
never used.

I've never owned a laptop. Tower PC is superior. You won't get as much EMF exposure.

Yes, I have a cooling pad it’s helps keeping the fans clean and lowers the temperature of the computer a bit

I have a powerful laptop that I play demanding car driving games on, and heat isn’t an issue. Just make sure to use it on a hard, flat surface so the fan vents are open and airflow isn’t restricted. It’s own powerful internal fans keep it plenty cool. It would heat up if I was using it on my bed though and the vents were covered.

Better to get a laptop without fans, and a separate pc for other stuff. It's about specialization where the mac is good for you web and video shit and the pc is used on power hungry stuff. Separate the uses so you have an optimized experience all the time

just place the device on a table, no point wasting 30+ dollars or whatever currency

50 euros is not enough for a cooling pad that isn't crap

if it heats up bad look into undervolting it at your own risk

Just make sure to use it on a hard, flat surface so the fan vents are open and airflow isn’t restricted. It’s own powerful internal fans keep it plenty cool. It would heat up if I was using it on my bed though and the vents were covered.
I use it on the surface like that, fans are not blocked.

Better to get a laptop without fans, and a separate pc for other stuff. It's about specialization where the mac is good for you web and video shit and the pc is used on power hungry stuff. Separate the uses so you have an optimized experience all the time
Not everyone here is a rich fag