Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you think being obsessed with war and military history is a childish trait?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Warfare is a very common interest in children. Don't know the exact reason but probably because they just focus on the cool uniforms and vehicles and view it as a game. So if your only interest in history is military related and you're a kid or teen I can understand it. But if you grow up and are still obsessed with world war II, Rome and the crusades then I think it's childish.

Not saying it's wrong to like military history but makes those so called history buffs make me cringe kek

I think it's more of an autism trait.
Though autism is often conflated with being childish.

It's beneficial to learn from others failures

Warfare is a very common interest in children. Don't know the exact reason but probably because they just focus on the cool uniforms and vehicles and view it as a game. So if your only interest in history is military related and you're a kid or teen I can understand it. But if you grow up and are still obsessed with world war II, Rome and the crusades then I think it's childish.

Not saying it's wrong to like military history but makes those so called history buffs make me cringe kek
Yes

I think it's more of an autism trait.
Though autism is often conflated with being childish.
Big fixations on a hobby or interests are autistic traits in general.

Well if obsessed yes then you sound like an autist

I was obsessed with Close Combat 2.

Never looked at it that way ....

If having an autistic fixation on World War II seems 'childish' what is Anime then? It's literally a narrative-driven cartoon catering to adults.

Throughout my shitty hell years in middle school as a kid I would fantasize all day about wwii and imperial Japan and the kuomintang and that shit :feelsLSD:

Never looked at it that way ....

If having an autistic fixation on World War II seems 'childish' what is Anime then? It's literally a narrative-driven cartoon catering to adults.
It's more the attitude to it. If you're interested in warfare and military history but also like other areas of history then it's fine. But focusing just on wars and ignoring the rest of history yes I think it's childish. I read somewhere military history already has a bad reputation in academia compared to other branches of history.