Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why does history attract so many weirdos specially online?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
This is something I noticed watching youtube or looking at online posts related to history. It seems to attract:
-Larpers particularly tradcath
-People with extreme political opinions
-"Band kids" who spam shitty history memes and political compass memes
-People who get all their history knowledge from mainstream media and memes

For this reason I try to avoid saying I like history because I don't want to be associated with them kek. A very respectable area of study but it seems that online all history bluffs have the mentality of a 15 year old. Also they are obsessed with military history and seems their only knowledge of history is Ancient Rome, the Crusades and the 20th century. Any other era and non military related doesn't exist. They just know trivia and very specific stuff yet they proclaim to be on par with historians :feelskek:

-"Band kids" who spam shitty history memes and political compass memes
Also they are obsessed with military history and seems their only knowledge of history is Ancient Rome, the Crusades and the 20th century. Any other era and non military related doesn't exist. They just know trivia and very specific stuff yet they proclaim to be on par with historians :feelskek:
dude you are right on the money. in my history club at my university it's just these people. they say british "people" and a bunch of shitty memes that arent funny. i think they all secretly hate each other but i can't prove it

Sounds like me except actually having deep extensive knowledge on a variety of historical topics

i try my best to learn every single different type of event or era in history

They are awful, I was pointing out some historical military things that seemed exagerrated or otherwise hard to believe. And the level of butthurt, noooooooo, and soyboys 'correcting' me with the official history was sad.

dude you are right on the money. in my history club at my university it's just these people. they say british "people" and a bunch of shitty memes that arent funny. i think they all secretly hate each other but i can't prove it
This is what band kids are like after hs

They are awful, I was pointing out some historical military things that seemed exagerrated or otherwise hard to believe. And the level of butthurt, noooooooo, and soyboys 'correcting' me with the official history was sad.
What was it

Dnr but I used to be a third reich history expert, knowing its details from 1919 (thule society) to Nuremberg trials, but I eventually got bored and forgot most of it.

. Also they are obsessed with military history and seems their only knowledge of history is Ancient Rome, the Crusades and the 20th century. Any other era and non military related doesn't exist.
always military history for some reason

always military history for some reason
Yeah you won't find these weirdos in economic, art, social or even religion history. It's always military history. Btw being obsessed with warfare and military is something very common in children.

Just People deeply attracted to their political believes

Other than the reddit cucks it sounds kinda based
U sound like a normie tbh

I was obsessed with military and history and geography shit since i was 9 but stopped caring around middle school

But even after so many years of not caring, i still know pretty much everything i need to know, and way more than the average person. despite not being interested in it anymore

I also thought of how 15yo me also wanted philosophy history geography nerd girl that i could talk to, not even as gf, little me seriously thought that
1. Women are rational or logicla beings
2. They aren't programmed the same
3. Theyd be interested in such shit when theyre primitive brainless beings
4. That i could be friends with a girl when i almost never made contact and whenever i did their face was in disgust, i should of had lowered my standards and prayed a foid would simply not hate me for existing :feelshaha:

Which is also why i avoided them through my teen years, they were pretty much telling me to not even think or acknowledge them whenever they felt my presence. They tooke meters dinstance, looked creeped out and disgusted no matter how much i tried to avoid them. Brutal

Bytheway yes history geography nerds are faggots i myself thought of myself better/cooler than others for having so much knowledge when others were too busy hanging out with friends or gf