Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Do you think being dead "feels" like anything?

• Thread starter Destroyed lonely
  • Start date
Destroyed lonely

Destroyed lonely

Banned
-
This whole thing is a paradox, because first of all there's not even a "being" dead, it's a NONbeing, it ISN'T, death destroys locality and time, you will be in nowhere and in no time therefore there isn't even a you, logically it wouldn't "feel" like anything either because there are no sensations and no thought processes, no memories and no self to be the subject of anything, when one dies the self is dissolved into the rest of the universe and there's no duality

But despite this logic, I still think death feels like something, and it's a good feeling, it's actually the origin of all good feelings in life, and it's "nothingness", nothingness is the best feeling and the origin of other good feelings, hunger is pain which is something and the feeling after eating is "nothing", when we have a good sleep we feel some of that nothing, when we coom we feel a good concentration of nothingness, life is like a painful tumor and lack of it is good and the opposite of pain, pain perpetuates life and pleasure despite what people think "ends" things, the end of life (pain) is pleasure

The lack of "you" is the best feeling in the world, philosophy says that's why aesthetic (beauty, art and music) feels good because it makes us forget about ourselves, absence of self means the absence of any and all problems and capacity for pain

I once passed out and think it feels similar to that:
you see, feel and hear nothing.
you are gone.
I think it´s the same as sleeping, without dreaming

You dont feel anything, it's just darkness.

If you felt something that would contradict the very definition of being dead

I once passed out and think it feels similar to that:
you see, feel and hear nothing.
you are gone.
I think it´s the same as sleeping, without dreaming
Its like being dead without commitment

If you felt something that would contradict the very definition of being dead
I know, that's why I said paradoxically, even the word "you" contradicts being dead because death is the end of whatever made you, you

No, it's like being under anesthesia. No conscious, no nothing. Only darkness (which you don't take in)

It probably doesn't but some time ago I've been considering another option.
What if our bodies don't work but we're trapped in them and feel everything that happens to them? First all the procedures at funeral house and hospital, the cold of ground, stink of your own dead body, all the steps of rotting and every maggot biting into flesh. And after we fully erode we're finally free

This whole thing is a paradox, because first of all there's not even a "being" dead, it's a NONbeing, it ISN'T, death destroys locality and time, you will be in nowhere and in no time therefore there isn't even a you, logically it wouldn't "feel" like anything either because there are no sensations and no thought processes, no memories and no self to be the subject of anything, when one dies the self is dissolved into the rest of the universe and there's no duality

But despite this logic, I still think death feels like something, and it's a good feeling, it's actually the origin of all good feelings in life, and it's "nothingness", nothingness is the best feeling and the origin of other good feelings, hunger is pain which is something and the feeling after eating is "nothing", when we have a good sleep we feel some of that nothing, when we coom we feel a good concentration of nothingness, life is like a painful tumor and lack of it is good and the opposite of pain, pain perpetuates life and pleasure despite what people think "ends" things, the end of life (pain) is pleasure

The lack of "you" is the best feeling in the world, philosophy says that's why aesthetic (beauty, art and music) feels good because it makes us forget about ourselves, absence of self means the absence of any and all problems and capacity for pain
You go to hell

I hope it's like sleeping.

No it’s heaven or hell