Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Do you still enjoy videogames?

grayjedi90

grayjedi90

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?
★★★★
I don't know but the older i get (im 28) the harder it gets to really enjoy them. Scummy business practices like microtransactions, dlc and other bullshit make it even worse tbh.

no, i haven't enjoyed a video game in years

Not as much as I used to. Everything gets less enjoyable as you hit puberty tbh.

@Ritalincel Incoming.

Yes, playing FIFA and GTA online is fun and my favorite cope.

no, as you mentioned the business model fucks over the consumers and games are starting to get way too cucked. i will never give another dime to the gaming industry.

I still am very much but i'm still young

Yeah, I don't play a lot of games, but I recently finished Yakuza 2 and really enjoyed it.

Depends on what you play.
Multiplayer-Games are garbage nowadays. The glorious times of Cs 1.6, Quake, early CoD, early Bf, Wow Vanilla/BC are over.
Today we get Fortnite, PUBG, new CoD, LoL ... no thanks.
There is literally no online game that I enjoy playing at the moment.
I rather revisit older Singleplayer-Games like Bioshock, old GTA, Half-Life 1 and 2, ElderScrolls and enjoy it very much.

Yes, but I can usually only find 2-3 good games a year

play wipeout omega collection

Nope. My only hobby now is hating globalist new world order and watching youtube videos of hungary / poland / austria / italy giving the middle finger to them

I enjoy playing league. It's fun watching kids rage

Rpgs lost its allure for me, shooters as well, I mainly play strategies every while and then.

My only cope tbh

YYYeeeeuuuuuppppp besides anime, video games is another one of my greatest copes. So yeah I play lots of games, primarily weeb/anime games and JRPGs.

for the most part no, i might feel a little less bored but i wouldn't say i enjoy them much

Old DOS and 32-bit Windows games, yes, but I'm getting bored of newer ones.

not really anymore :kys:

Video games seem like a chore to me these days but it’s leagues better than whatever I’d be doing otherwise

It’s fun but over the years it gets more boring. It starts to feel like an everyday routine instead of something you do for entertainment.

Sometimes yes, but I definitely don't play anywhere near as many games as I used to when I was younger.

Newer games? With a few exceptions, no.
Older games? Absolutely yes. Playing Sky Blazer on SNES at the moment.

Only sandbox games. Other games make me depressed.

I find it harder to enjoy games too

I haven't played anything for 3 months or so. But i like what i play usually,

I haven't played videogames in a decade.
Sadly I have no interest and get bored very quickly.

I'm gonna buy an emulator mainly for snes an n64 games but it'll come with games from spectrum thru to ps1/2

It's gotten to a point where I can't really binge them like I used to back when I was a teenager (lmao so 2 years ago). I just can't get as immersed anymore, I think it was Notch who said it best when he said after the game dims the man in the monitor is still you - can't insert myself into anything because the more ideal the thing I'm SIing into is the more it makes me dwell on my subhumanity.

As for newer games and being in the "gaming community", I haven't bought a new game since Total War: Warhammer II came out and I don't plan to, I never even got onto the new console fad and I think the whole thing has gotten too normiefied, I've already been bullied enough for playing vidya when I was young, I don't want to be bullied for playing the wrong kind of vidya now that every normie trash and thot streamer is in the medium.

Not really, but I bet @Xbox does !! :)

Not as much as when i was a teen, but there are like 2-3 games per year i really enjoy

I don't know but the older i get (im 28) the harder it gets to really enjoy them. Scummy business practices like microtransactions, dlc and other bullshit make it even worse tbh.
That's why I play old games, on emulator or PC.

10% enjoyment 90% frustration

I stopped enjoying video games for themselves since I was like 12. Since then I have played for the competetive and social part but that also died around 18. I still play sometimes but mostly because Im bored and not for actual enjoyment.

I stopped video games in 1982.
I loved Pong, Pac Man, Space Invaders.
Kids would jam the arcades, spend lots of quarters.
Lots of pinball too. Kids would play pinball for hours.
Long live the 1970's. It was great.

I've found that if I play the same franchises I played when I was young, I enjoy them. But if I try a new one, it's tough

It's the only thing I'm good at. It makes me feel better about myself.

I enjoy video games too much lol... one of the only things I can still enjoy