Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you prefer manga or anime and why?

Do you prefer manga or anime and why?

• Manga

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Chopin

Chopin

Veteran
★★★★
Personally I prefer manga because the humor is better and i can read it at any pace I want, plus it leaves more room to imagination.
Anime has been normiefied for quite some time now and it's unbearable to witness.

so anime is now unbearable because it has been normalized? this is quite the hilarious train of thought that I see in stereotypical snowflakes.

Manga cause faster entertainment value for the time investment. I can read a fight in 5 minutes instead of an episode or 4(one piece :feelskek:)
5 min for same entertainment value an anime offers across 20-80 min

Manga because drawing is better, I started to collect a series

manga is the source material for most anime. i always preferred it even before anime became normified.

manga is the source material for most anime. i always preferred it even before anime became normified.
Light Novels are More common as source material for the actually good anime.

light novels provide the lowest quality of story telling. most of it is mediocre isekai like sword art up your ass.

light novels provide the lowest quality of story telling. most of it is mediocre isekai like sword art up your ass.
You need filter out the isekai ones. The good slice of life,romance, mystery anime are all almost always based on light Novels.

Overlord, Rezero, Remake of our life, Classroom of elite. All light novel based.

If there are canonical differences between the anime version and the manga version, then I usually enjoy both.

It's interesting to see different interpretations of the same storyline.

An advantage to manga is that if u watch anime you have your hands free to foodcope though:feelshehe:

the introduction of sounds, camera movement, color, etc makes anime more enjoyable imo, but usually they cut out shit and dumb down the anime to fit it in a a cour, so it doesn't always come out as good

No preference

I'm reading Re:Zero rn. I hit a wall with classroom of the elite , Lost interest by the 2nd year
yeah same I stopped classroom at volume 4.5. I will continue it some day

Correct:chad:. Same with D&D. It wasn't this bad like what, 7-8 years ago?

this sounds like something you heard then started to parrot. anime could've always been pure trash but since the older ones already had time to gain popularity and higher ratings your perception of them is clearly better.
also let's be honest, there isn't a class of something that can be evaluated as entirely good, in higher production of digital content to sell, plus targeted audience in mind is horny teens, there still quite fairly amount of new animes that can be considered ,,gems".

We older bastards prefer traditional comic books, anime, and manga fags will never understand this nostalgia. :feelsjuice:

They have their strong points, usually i prefer manga but you dont have OSTS or opening/ending themes in manga which in some cases are ridiculously good. Berserk Osts, Dorohedoro, Black clover.

What's good to do its take the ost from the anime and read the manga then you're good to go

I can read manga without getting tired but with anime it’s different and I tire after like 10 episodes

Manga has more variety of stories owing to lesser production value. Less risk averse too. Most anime are trash for teenagers. Tho for comedy genre and certain action genre, the audio-visual in anime renders better than still manga panels. I prefer anime if the art in manga is uninspiring.
If you're gonna read, might as well read a real book. Those have better entertainment value that anime, manga or light novels.

Manga has more variety of stories owing to lesser production value. Less risk averse too. Most anime are trash for teenagers. Tho for comedy genre and certain action genre, the audio-visual in anime renders better than still manga panels. I prefer anime if the art in manga is uninspiring.

If you're gonna read, might as well read a real book. Those have better entertainment value that anime, manga or light novels.
Real books have no illustrations and take themselves too seriously. Only real books I read are on Buddhism/Philosophy or some money maxxing/productivity bullshit. I hate reading real novels, too much high IQ vocabulary too, annoys the fuck out of me. I don't want to learn new words and that gay shit.

Real books have no illustrations and take themselves too seriously. Only real books I read are on Buddhism/Philosophy or some money maxxing/productivity bullshit. I hate reading real novels, too much high IQ vocabulary too, annoys the fuck out of me. I don't want to learn new words and that gay shit.
This. books most of the time are a pain to deal with, in web-novels/novels you get straight to the juice without the annoying long ass paragraphs of irrelevant information and the author showing how much he knows/learned to make the book. if you want to be entertained and are tired of manga/anime a good alternative would be a Visual Novel or Korean/Chinese novels which have some really good works out there who dont lose to the best manga/animes

Real books are okay if they're non-fiction. I can't stand reading things like "he said" or "said the guy" or "he explained". Just fucking tell us what he said, it's like every single writer was a theater kid in school.

Anime if the adaptation is well done , manga otherwise. Same goes for light novels.