Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you have thoughts/memories tied to certain actions?

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
Every time I brush my teeth I think of Futurama. Why? Because once upon a time I watched an episode of CSI called "Two and a Half Deaths." And it ended with this guy shaving in his bathroom. He then accidentally slices his neck open.

When I brush my teeth, I look into a bathroom mirror like the shaving guy. But he wasn't the biggest part of that episode. Katey Sagal was. And when I think of Katey Sagal, I think of Futurama. I used to think of Married With Children, but now I think of Futurama.

In summary, I brush my teeth in a bathroom mirror, my mind jumps to "Two and a Half Deaths," then Katey Sagal, then Futurama.

Do you have any mental connections or triggers like that?

Yes, it's pretty weird, especially tied to certain games I play(ed).

What are the connections? What triggers them?
There are games I played where, when I first played them, some sort of event I barely remember all of a sudden gets in my head. For example, I play Just Cause 3 and I remember going a couple days without sleep and presenting a half-assed architecture project in front of a bunch of people, because within an hour after that event was over, I played Just Cause 3.

Every time I brush my teeth I think of Futurama. Why? Because once upon a time I watched an episode of CSI called "Two and a Half Deaths." And it ended with this guy shaving in his bathroom. He then accidentally slices his neck open.

When I brush my teeth, I look into a bathroom mirror like the shaving guy. But he wasn't the biggest part of that episode. Katey Sagal was. And when I think of Katey Sagal, I think of Futurama. I used to think of Married With Children, but now I think of Futurama.

In summary, I brush my teeth in a bathroom mirror, my mind jumps to "Two and a Half Deaths," then Katey Sagal, then Futurama.

Do you have any mental connections or triggers like that?
Over for memorycels

There are games I played where, when I first played them, some sort of event I barely remember all of a sudden gets in my head. For example, I play Just Cause 3 and I remember going a couple days without sleep and presenting a half-assed architecture project in front of a bunch of people, because within an hour after that event was over, I played Just Cause 3.

Do you know why Just Cause 3 makes you think of that?

Do you know why Just Cause 3 makes you think of that?
I honestly do not know. That event was barely even important to me anyways, compared to some other stuff I did within that same year.

Yes tbh, they are semi related and symbolical

Yes tbh, they are semi related and symbolical

I mean can you give me a specific action, and the specific memory it triggers?

I mean can you give me a specific action, and the specific memory it triggers?
They are more random tbh, they dont come from triggers. Usually its something that happened before and its a recap of it