Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Do you have OCD?

Do you have OCD?

• No, not at all

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Maybe a little

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, it's moderately bad

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, it's very bad

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
It's something I've struggled with a lot over the last 5 years or so and is easily my biggest mental health struggle. So I just wondered who else has it.

I'll make the poll anonymous because it's a personal thing but you can say in the thread if you had/have it.

Mine built up in 2016 and was AWFUL in 2017. These days I've gotten more of a handle on it but it still is a bit up and down and can still become fairly bad. But I think I'm still improving.

Also sorry that this is similar to my mental health poll recently. I think it's probably different enough to be worth making this thread too though.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a daily struggle for me.

What's your daily routine like with OCD?

What's your daily routine like with OCD?

It's not really a routine. It just jumps up randomly whenever something "triggers" it.

And then I might want to repeat what I just did, for example.

It can be a real struggle to convince yourself that that trigger and desire is silly and that you don't need to do it, but I think I'm getting better at that.

Being around other people helps LOADS though because I don't want to look "weird" and so I don't do it, no matter how tough it may feel! Isolation is real fuel for OCD, in my experience.

It's something I've struggled with a lot over the last 5 years or so and is easily my biggest mental health struggle. So I just wondered who else has it.

I'll make the poll anonymous because it's a personal thing but you can say in the thread if you had/have it.

Mine built up in 2016 and was AWFUL in 2017. These days I've gotten more of a handle on it but it still is a bit up and down and can still become fairly bad. But I think I'm still improving.

Also sorry that this is similar to my mental health poll recently. I think it's probably different enough to be worth making this thread too though.
Yes it comes from my evil father

i was diagnosed with it years ago but i dont think i have it anymore

It's not really a routine. It just jumps up randomly whenever something "triggers" it.

And then I might want to repeat what I just did, for example.

It can be a real struggle to convince yourself that that trigger and desire is silly and that you don't need to do it, but I think I'm getting better at that.

Being around other people helps LOADS though because I don't want to look "weird" and so I don't do it, no matter how tough it may feel! Isolation is real fuel for OCD, in my experience.
A similar experience for me I'd say. I found alcohol helped until I became an alcoholic. But no shit this forum also helps, being free to just write whatever and not getting bluepilled blowback.

No, but I do have intrusive thoughts sometimes

All the time. Is that a symptom of OCD?
I think it might be, I have autism though, which I think is in the same cluster as OCD ( that cluster being OCD, autism, ADD and ADHD) because they have kinda similar symptoms

Hm. Maybe it's a specific type of intrusive thought with OCD.

They try to get you to do things like repeat actions by telling you that if you don't, something bad will happen. That thing can vary.

Of course, none of it makes any real sense and the intrusive thought / threat is always made to sound super scary to try to get you to give in.

It's such a weird condition. Your own mind seemingly working against you >.<

Yeah can be, especially Pure O, which is what mine basically evolved into. Depression is worse for me these days though.

Hm. Maybe it's a specific type of intrusive thought with OCD.

They try to get you to do things like repeat actions by telling you that if you don't, something bad will happen. That thing can vary.

Of course, none of it makes any real sense and the intrusive thought / threat is always made to sound super scary to try to get you to give in.

It's such a weird condition. Your own mind seemingly working against you >.<

Yeah can be, especially Pure O, which is what mine basically evolved into. Depression is worse for me these days though.
I don’t think I have it though because that’s the only symptom I have. But I’ve been ADHD since I was a kid

no but i have crippling phobias

No, I have ASD.

Yes, extremely intrusive

my psychologist says this may be part of a bigger picture (aspergers) when factoring in my other tendencies but when i was younger i was really obsessed and devoted to everything being the same. I HATED when countries had 2 words in their names, like czech republic, or north macedonia, i wanted all of them to have one simple nickname, like france and germany. i hated flags that werent rectangular, like nepal or switzerland, and when i would draw said flags (i loved geography back then so this was a hobby) i would make them rectangular. i hated when 2 houses in my neighborhood had 2 different types of fences. i hated when there was different types of architecture in the same area. i used to want to be a movie director and i came up with TONS of different movies with character names and storylines, and every single movie had exactly 2 words in the title. i never allowed the movie to be named with 3 words, it had to be 2. i never liked any variety between things. this stuff doesnt bother me as much anymore though

Yes, and it sucks big time