Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you actually want to stop being miserable?

Mokkecl

Mokkecl

Your average Greycel
I was wondering on all of your perspectives on this, because I personally don't know my own answer. I have lived so long in misery that it just feel normal at this point, like that's all there is to me and I don't know who I am without it. I do want to die but at the same time if there's no afterlife then I wont know what peace is and if there is an afterlife then I will either be this hallow shell of a being or still be in misery. Its not like I don't want to be happy but I don't know how to exist without sadness, insecurity, anxiety, and etc. People are always encouraging me to follow god and I am always seeing how following a faith "improves" peoples lives but is it really? Its just false hope in my eyes and essentially its just taking the bluepill, I'm not sure if I want happiness if that's what it takes. Do I just have to suck it up and accept that I cant live without the feeling of being miserable?

no i love being miserable

i recommend "In the Heights of Despair" by Emil Cioran, a good book about this subject. he advises those who have been depressed for so long to accept it as part of their identity and learn to willfully embrace it, ironically as a means to find happiness in spite of their depression

I don't think I'd be so miserable if I had a social life. My days are all alone and I feel dreadfully lonely all the time

i recommend "In the Heights of Despair" by Emil Cioran, a good book about this subject. he advises those who have been depressed for so long to accept it as part of their identity and learn to willfully embrace it, ironically as a means to find happiness in spite of their depression
thank you! I sincerely appreciate this

I don't think I'd be so miserable if I had a social life. My days are all alone and I feel dreadfully lonely all the time
That's something I've personally thought about as well and its like I intentionally distance myself from others, I hope you are able to have the chance to find some sort of social life irl. In the mean time you got us guys I'm sure

Yes, but I'm afraid tit's not as easy as flicking a switch or pressing a button. Life's not fair; some people have everything in life and love in love in their tweens, and others are alone and miserable throughout their whole lives.

Even if an incel stops being miserable, the bad memories mean you carry that emotional baggage with you throughout the rest of your life. So you can never experience what it's like to be unaware of all the negative experiences you can encounter in life. You will lack the naive innocence that people who go through life without struggling for a single thing have in abundance.

Yes, but I don't know if there is anything in the world I can do to make that happen

That's something I've personally thought about as well and its like I intentionally distance myself from others, I hope you are able to have the chance to find some sort of social life irl. In the mean time you got us guys I'm sure
I intentionally avoid talking to people too. I'm a pretty antisocial person I would say. However I have reached out to old friends and have tried to make new friends but it's always crickets. No one wants to be friends with or date a loser.

I was wondering on all of your perspectives on this, because I personally don't know my own answer. I have lived so long in misery that it just feel normal at this point, like that's all there is to me and I don't know who I am without it. I do want to die but at the same time if there's no afterlife then I wont know what peace is and if there is an afterlife then I will either be this hallow shell of a being or still be in misery. Its not like I don't want to be happy but I don't know how to exist without sadness, insecurity, anxiety, and etc. People are always encouraging me to follow god and I am always seeing how following a faith "improves" peoples lives but is it really? Its just false hope in my eyes and essentially its just taking the bluepill, I'm not sure if I want happiness if that's what it takes. Do I just have to suck it up and accept that I cant live without the feeling of being miserable?
At this point, I'd rather stop being. I don't believe in suicide anymore, but I'd like something outside of my control to kill me, without my input.

Is it possible you are conflating things?

I would be scared to now suddenly have friends to meet up with or a girlfriend to date - because I would be completely out of my element.

I'm much more comfortable being depressed surfing the internet and watching TV shows.

But of course I want to be "happy".

The easiest way is alcohol, opioids, SnRIs, psychedelics, weed. The harder way is concentrate on one point until there is no more person, no misery, no thoughts, no suffering. The hardest way is to get money, get girls, etc.

Even if an incel stops being miserable, the bad memories mean you carry that emotional baggage with you throughout the rest of your life. So you can never experience what it's like to be unaware of all the negative experiences you can encounter in life. You will lack the naive innocence that people who go through life without struggling for a single thing have in abundance.
I see that as a positive though, its like not being ignorant of what people are capable of and seeing the signs as well as ways to prevent it

ofc man I work out everyday, get good grades, buy luxury goods do all the typical looksmaxxing shit and im still miserable.

I intentionally avoid talking to people too. I'm a pretty antisocial person I would say. However I have reached out to old friends and have tried to make new friends but it's always crickets. No one wants to be friends with or date a loser.
a way I typically meet new people is through games, during and after quarantine I had been using them to practice socializing

Yes, I do want to stop being miserable.

At this point, I'd rather stop being. I don't believe in suicide anymore, but I'd like something outside of my control to kill me, without my input.
That's exactly what I wish for as well, best thing to do is just live life as if there's no consequences in that case

Is it possible you are conflating things?

I would be scared to now suddenly have friends to meet up with or a girlfriend to date - because I would be completely out of my element.

I'm much more comfortable being depressed surfing the internet and watching TV shows.

But of course I want to be "happy".
What do you mean by conflating things?

My issues have mainly been caused by people so I guess it really is more about comfort over socializing

I don't think it works that way. All of us would want a better life, and depending on what would make us happy it would reduce sadness and stress. But after spending half of your life in shits, I doubt that we could become happy like in blissful ignorance.

Still it could be million times better, no one is truly happy or truly miserable all the time, it's moments of those. If we had the life that we want we would have more happy moments. We wouldn't think the way we do know.

I see that as a positive though, its like not being ignorant of what people are capable of and seeing the signs as well as ways to prevent it
In that sense, it can be viewed as net gain. But with this in the back of your mind constantly at all times, normies with blissful ignorance will be happier.

The easiest way is alcohol, opioids, SnRIs, psychedelics, weed. The harder way is concentrate on one point until there is no more person, no misery, no thoughts, no suffering. The hardest way is to get money, get girls, etc.
I've been ignoring my issues by constantly distracting myself for the past few years, I feel like if anything it just makes things worse by procrastinating on improving. Not to say that I don't do that anymore I mean I've been high and online every hour except for when I'm sleeping for the past few years

I don't think it works that way. All of us would want a better life, and depending on what would make us happy it would reduce sadness and stress. But after spending half of your life in shits, I doubt that we could become happy like in blissful ignorance.

Still it could be million times better, no one is truly happy or truly miserable all the time, it's moments of those. If we had the life that we want we would have more happy moments. We wouldn't think the way we do know.
Is there no part of you that feels like you need to self sabotage if you've been happy for longer than usual?

Is there no part of you that feels like you need to self sabotage if you've been happy for longer than usual?
I don't know, I don't think so. But I can't remember the time I felt happy for longer than 2 minutes.

Often I don't start things in excuse that it would go to shit anyway.

Being alone and miserable is comfortable, because no one has any expectations from you, and you don't feel any pressure or obligations. One of the reasons why I never wanted to have friends.

I'm sure that that's anxiety talking. Fear the unknown.

Being alone and miserable is comfortable, because no one has any expectations from you, and you don't feel any pressure or obligations. One of the reasons why I never wanted to have friends.

I feel like that's self sabotage in itself, sticking to what you know out of comfortability

I've been ignoring my issues by constantly distracting myself for the past few years, I feel like if anything it just makes things worse by procrastinating on improving. Not to say that I don't do that anymore I mean I've been high and online every hour except for when I'm sleeping for the past few years
the sexual impulse within you is making you feel like you're not doing anything 'positive'. It wants you to start a family and earn money and provide. However, if a person manages to overcome this, life can be indeed very carefree, cheerful and blissful.

Yes I do want to stop being miserable.

I do feel that even if I was born a 10/10 chad tomorrow I would still forever be at least a little miserable because of my trauma of being a subhuman.

Same.

If the Lord even actually exists I’ve told/asked him numerous times to just take me home already.

There’s no real reason for me to be here anymore.

Of course. I don't think I'm miserable all the time anyway. Its just that the future looks bleak. The uncertainty is something I have hard time dealing with.

Yes, but I'm afraid tit's not as easy as flicking a switch or pressing a button. Life's not fair; some people have everything in life and love in love in their tweens, and others are alone and miserable throughout their whole lives.
Yep. It’s so brutal bro. I know I’d be so much happier if I had a few friends and most of all, a loving girlfriend who is somewhat attractive. Some people are depressed because their brain chemicals are messed up even though they have a good life and are loved, but that’s rare. Most of us on here are depressed because we have a shitty life that’s not worth living. We feel unloved because we are unloved. We can’t will ourselves out of depression and loneliness. Our mindset will not change if our environment never changes, and there isn’t much hope of that either. Loneliness feels like a terminal condition you can never get rid of at times.

I feel like that's self sabotage in itself, sticking to what you know out of comfortability
You're probably right. What would make us happy at the moment like going out, doing something or socializing, after being alone for so long, now jumping into it would bring more stress and anxiety that it wouldn't be enjoyable, so what's the point in doing it.

Yeah but there's not much I can do abt it

Bluepill happiness is most probably not possible. I will wait for kigu styled lolibots.

Yep and even though we’re losers by society’s standard guys are still somehow afraid of being friends with us for fear that we could take their girl from them due to the fact we are single even though any rational person could tell this will nevER be the case.

I think it’s actually an ingrained automatic evolutionary or genetic instinct based response really ie the mate guarding reaction against single males I mean whether incel or not.

Thus it only ever works towards increasing our overall loneliness. Sigh.

I have hobbies. Im not miserable. The only negative thing is loneliness.

Yep. It’s so brutal bro. I know I’d be so much happier if I had a few friends and most of all, a loving girlfriend who is somewhat attractive. Some people are depressed because their brain chemicals are messed up even though they have a good life and are loved, but that’s rare. Most of us on here are depressed because we have a shitty life that’s not worth living. We feel unloved because we are unloved. We can’t will ourselves out of depression and loneliness. Our mindset will not change if our environment never changes, and there isn’t much hope of that either. Loneliness feels like a terminal condition you can never get rid of at times.
Exactly. Negative reinforcement from both or environment and peers has ruined our lives and mental health. If we just had one positive force in our lives, from an attractive girlfriend who loves us, for instance, we would be much better off.

Exactly. Negative reinforcement from both or environment and peers has ruined our lives and mental health. If we just had one positive force in our lives, from an attractive girlfriend who loves us, for instance, we would be much better off.
Yep. Negative feedback just leads to more negative experiences until you are stuck in a negative feedback loop, like us. Positive feedback sparks more positive experiences and creates a positive feedback loop. In spite of all the negative experiences from my peers and environment, at least my parents were always good to me. My dad was like my best friend and we always did fun car projects and work on our cabin together. He was probably the best positive force in my life, and he just died suddenly from sepsis due to pancreatic cancer last Thursday. It’s so fucking hard losing the only guy I could joke around with and do fun stuff with. My life already sucked pretty bad before he passed because of how my peers treat me, but now it’s just getting worse without him.

Whenever I get a little happy, sooner or later the cruel reality comes back to hit me, which ends up making me feel worse. So, I try to keep myself grounded by being miserable.

Yep. Negative feedback just leads to more negative experiences until you are stuck in a negative feedback loop, like us. Positive feedback sparks more positive experiences and creates a positive feedback loop. In spite of all the negative experiences from my peers and environment, at least my parents were always good to me. My dad was like my best friend and we always did fun car projects and work on our cabin together. He was probably the best positive force in my life, and he just died suddenly from sepsis due to pancreatic cancer last Thursday. It’s so fucking hard losing the only guy I could joke around with and do fun stuff with. My life already sucked pretty bad before he passed because of how my peers treat me, but now it’s just getting worse without him.
Damn, I'm sorry about that. I'm not personally close with my parents or anyone for that matter, but I can imagine how that would hurt. Life already sucks for us Sub-Five man, so every cope we lose is extra brutal. We need just a little love, and we can make it, but we are denied because of things we can't control and never chose. Best of luck to you, man.

Depends on what you mean by miserable. Do you mean living miserably in the eyes of others or by your own judgment?

Damn, I'm sorry about that. I'm not personally close with my parents or anyone for that matter, but I can imagine how that would hurt. Life already sucks for us Sub-Five man, so every cope we lose is extra brutal. We need just a little love, and we can make it, but we are denied because of things we can't control and never chose. Best of luck to you, man.
Thanks bro. Every cope I lose hurts like hell. Without love, we depend so much on our copes. Going to car shows with my dad in his 1971 Camaro, cruising on dirt roads in our ATV and racing 65 mph Nitro radio control cars was so damn fun and took my mind off the loneliness for a while. I can still do all those things myself, but it's not ever going to be the same. I'm just grateful I made the most of the 19 years I had with him and we were on good terms when he passed. I did inherit the car though, so that should fun to cruise around with. Everyone always watched that loud car as we would drive around with it. If only we could get a nice girlfriend, our lives would improve so much. A girlfriend is what gives a man confidence and adds meaning to his life. Without that, we have little motivation to do much of anything and just fall into a spiral of depression and loneliness. I know I'd have more motivation to stop rotting in my room and actually start taking care of myself if I had a little love. The only love I've had is from my immediate family and they are getting old and dying off one by one, sadly. A lot of my copes are unhealthy, like eating lots of junk food, but I'm past the pint of caring.

Thanks bro. Every cope I lose hurts like hell. Without love, we depend so much on our copes. Going to car shows with my dad in his 1971 Camaro, cruising on dirt roads in our ATV and racing 65 mph Nitro radio control cars was so damn fun and took my mind off the loneliness for a while. I can still do all those things myself, but it's not ever going to be the same. I'm just grateful I made the most of the 19 years I had with him and we were on good terms when he passed. I did inherit the car though, so that should fun to cruise around with. Everyone always watched that loud car as we would drive around with it.
Yeah, np. I just wish I had someone like that in my life. My mom was a cunt, and my dad just wasn't apart of my life for whatever reason. We lived in the same house but never interacted. JFL Still, I'm sorry about your loss. At least you got some nice cars out of it, but cars don't match human relationships and positive interactions.
If only we could get a nice girlfriend, our lives would improve so much. A girlfriend is what gives a man confidence and adds meaning to his life. Without that, we have little motivation to do much of anything and just fall into a spiral of depression and loneliness. I know I'd have more motivation to stop rotting in my room and actually start taking care of myself if I had a little love. The only love I've had is from my immediate family and they are getting old and dying off one by one, sadly. A lot of my copes are unhealthy, like eating lots of junk food, but I'm past the pint of caring.
That's the simple God's honest truth. I don't understand how these fucking people saying relationships are overrated or unnecessary, with some of those being supposedly being blackpilled or inkwells. Like fuck off. You clearly don't know what it's like to be a Sub-Five who even fat, ugly foids reject because they're chadsexual. Fucking brutal.
If we had just one person in our lives who loved us, like a girlfriend, then we would see dramatic and significant improvement in our lives and mental well-being. We wouldn't need to cope with unhealthy shit like junk food or porn, but since we don't, we gotta do what we gotta do to cope in this cruel world. Simple as that.

Yeah, np. I just wish I had someone like that in my life. My mom was a cunt, and my dad just wasn't apart of my life for whatever reason. We lived in the same house but never interacted. JFL Still, I'm sorry about your loss. At least you got some nice cars out of it, but cars don't match human relationships and positive interactions.

That's the simple God's honest truth. I don't understand how these fucking people saying relationships are overrated or unnecessary, with some of those being supposedly being blackpilled or inkwells. Like fuck off. You clearly don't know what it's like to be a Sub-Five who even fat, ugly foids reject because they're chadsexual. Fucking brutal.
If we had just one person in our lives who loved us, like a girlfriend, then we would see dramatic and significant improvement in our lives and mental well-being. We wouldn't need to cope with unhealthy shit like junk food or porn, but since we don't, we gotta do what we gotta do to cope in this cruel world. Simple as that.
Sorry your mom was a bitch and your dad was just not really involved. That fucking sucks. I will always be grateful for having parents that treated me well. Like you said, the cars are cool, but they can't fill the void of loneliness. I absolutely hate when anyone denies the importance of relationships. Relationships are probably the most important thing in life, and nothing else compares. The people that say dumb shit like that are always the ones who always got a girlfriend easily and don't stay single for more than a week, but sure, relationships don't matter. Work on yourself and focus on other things, silly inkwell :soy:. It's hard to even imagine living a good enough life where I wouldn't need unhealthy copes to fill the void. I just try to find anything I can to give me some pleasure. I don't care how long I live. I just want to minimize my suffering and enjoy what I can.

im almost to that point where i dont want to change being miserable

but for now, yes i would love to very much

I can't stop being miserable. Even if I wanted it's just impossible. There's nothing I can do to stop feeling like a fucking subhuman. It's not even that "I" feel but rather an external factor out of my control due to society bias towards me. I'll probably gonna die at 30 or so anyway.

By the way I'm sorry you feel that way man. I hope you find the answers.