Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do Japanese people not find it weird that their animated characters resemble white people?

Asians worship white skin

See the subreddit justbewhite for some good laughs and tears if you are ethnic

The only reason that I'm saying this is because when I was younger I legit thought anime characters were same race as me. Never thought they were Japanese or white.

Most Japanese would imagine that girl IRL like this:
famous-japanese-singers-2-2.jpg

I highly, highly doubt that your average Japanese imagines white people when viewing anime.

For example, this anime:
51zLyEwqbPL.jpg

What you imagine them as a white person in real life:
light-converses-with-ryuk.jpeg

What Japanese imagine them in real life:
death-note-live-action-film-poster-image-01.jpg
I’m not implying that they imagine white people when watching anime characters. I’m just suggesting that the characters themselves resemble white people at least as much (if not more) than they do Japanese people, which is strange. If you showed that picture to a black man from Africa who was an impartial judge and asked him what race the girl was I’m sure he would tell you she was white.

I’m not implying that they imagine white people when watching anime characters. I’m just suggesting that the characters themselves resemble white people at least as much (if not more) than they do Japanese people, which is strange. If you showed that picture to a black man from Africa who was an impartial judge and asked him what race the girl was I’m sure he would tell you she was white.

Fair enough.

TBH the top girl reminds me of a hapa that is half swiss who is popular in Japan. Noth are passably Japanese phenotypes though, as I have seen similar faces there.
Haruka Christine?

They are actually not, there were several studies and surveys in japan about them resembling european characteristics but most of the Japanese populous and mangakas consider them Japanese looking, while it might not seem like it please take into consideration that drawings aren't supposed to resemble peak bone structures and race characteristics xd
lmao

Yes because Naruto is "japanese looking"

They're white worshippers like the majority of other ethnics. There's barely any anime where the characters actually look japanese. People in south korea and Japan get surgeries to remove their epicanthic folds just to appear more white.

They're white worshippers like the majority of other ethnics. There's barely any anime where the characters actually look japanese. People in south korea and Japan get surgeries to remove their epicanthic folds just to appear more white.

They also shave jawbones. :rolleyes: A plastic surgery clinic in Korea has a tower of shaved jawbones.

jawbones-1.jpg

jawbone.jpg

Well I don't think the resemblance is intentional, Osamu Tezuka, Oten Shimokawa and many more of the pioneers of Japanese Animation were heavily influenced by the western animation. They started out by imitating Disney and eventualy developed their unique aesthetics and traits, so It's normal for anime characters to resemble the westerners a bit.

It's not just the look of the characters many anime are set in the west, have western themes, western ways of talking or behaving and so forth. Sometimes they'll try to inject a bit of nationalism by making the main character explicitly Japanese but anime seems to be in many ways a Japanese adaption of western media and western culture, so it goes beyond mere looks, they seem to have a fascination for the west as a whole, sometimes more so than westerners themselves.

Most asian actors have caucasian like features, but they are still Japanese, just not the common Japanese person. I bet its the same way they interpret their manga and anime characters. They are just really good looking asians.

It's not just the look of the characters many anime are set in the west, have western themes, western ways of talking or behaving and so forth. Sometimes they'll try to inject a bit of nationalism by making the main character explicitly Japanese but anime seems to be in many ways a Japanese adaption of western media and western culture, so it goes beyond mere looks, they seem to have a fascination for the west as a whole, sometimes more so than westerners themselves.
Interesting.

i dunno bout japan but South Koreans have an obsession with getting facial alterations to look whiter.