Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Did you know mensa means "stupid/foolish" in spanish?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18193
  • Start date
Deleted member 18193

Deleted member 18193

incel on incels.is
-
Anyone who doesnt speak spanish here know that?
Btw,
Menso is the male version
Mensa is the female version
Screenshot 2020 04 21 02 14 58

I didn't. That's epic. Spanish-speakers must find it funny whenever someone mentions that they have taken Mensa's IQ tests.

That's crazy lol

I didn't. That's epic. Spanish-speakers must find it funny whenever someone mentions that they have taken Mensa's IQ tests.
It really is hilarious :feelskek: :feelskek: especially when someone says "I'm part of Mensa"

Why did Mensa name themselves mensa

Based SpanishCels :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:

@MENSA_IQcel thoughts?

I think the organization probably had this in mind when they created it, you'd have to be an idiot to pay their fee for a membership card that says "I am very smart" to show off to other people. IQ is relatively meaningless when it comes to actual life achievements and success.

Brutal mensapill

Oh right , i forgot about that

Damn. I know it means table in Latin, but this Spanish thing is new to me. Funny how Spanish comes from Latin but the meaning has changed so much

Latin
Alternative forms
  • mēsa (Vulgar or Late Latin, Appendix Probi)
Etymology
Probably substantialization of the feminine form of the perfect passive participle of mēnsus (“measured”).

Spanish
Etymology
Arguably taken from Latin mensa (“table”); it is thought that medieval monks used the names of inanimate objects in disparaging reference to illiterate or non‐discerning people, partially out of a desire to not use an explicitly pejorative insult as would be forbidden by their canons.

Interesting :feelswhere:

@DENSA_IQcel Thoughts?

Mensa is a foid idiot confirmed

Damn. I know it means table in Latin, but this Spanish thing is new to me. Funny how Spanish comes from Latin but the meaning has changed so much

Latin
Alternative forms
  • mēsa (Vulgar or Late Latin, Appendix Probi)
Etymology
Probably substantialization of the feminine form of the perfect passive participle of mēnsus (“measured”).

Spanish
Etymology
Arguably taken from Latin mensa (“table”); it is thought that medieval monks used the names of inanimate objects in disparaging reference to illiterate or non‐discerning people, partially out of a desire to not use an explicitly pejorative insult as would be forbidden by their canons.

Interesting :feelswhere:
I thought it meant that in Spanish as well until now
They're quite similar actually. In spanish mesa means table, and mensa means dumb

menso = nigger
it all makes sense now

¡Si!

Bueno... Muy bueno.

Mensos inutiles
lo digo para que te inmutes
estupidos arrogantes,
parecen parlantes.

Mensa apesta,
nada nos muestra.
inseguridad los conforma,
esa es la norma.

I think the organization probably had this in mind when they created it, you'd have to be an idiot to pay their fee for a membership card that says "I am very smart" to show off to other people. IQ is relatively meaningless when it comes to actual life achievements and success.
That is probably why they called it 'Mensa" in the first place, It is a club for foolish people flexing a Card for status points. Whoever named it that was truly High IQ.

Yeah i know because i speak spanish