Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Did anyone else try to make friends online (meetup, bumble, etc.) but failed because the groups were full of weirdos?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Even before discord was a thing the whole make friends online "culture" was full of weird people. I remember I tried joining a few groups that had my same interests (anime, movies, etc.) but in the end something disappointing happened. I remember people joining the group and immediately leaving after they checked there weren't any foids (so they weren't really looking for friends) or in general very weird people. Also people joining and never saying a word but reading all the chat logs. Or guys that gave lame excuses to not meet irl or directly tried to scam you saying stuff like "I live far can please someone send me some money for the train ticket so I can meet you"

I was in an anime group and there was this Spanish-Venezuelan emo weeb who kept monopolizing the conversation and making dick jokes, wtf :shock: Also sending pics of alcohol in Venezuelan supermarkets and bragging that "look how cheap is booze in my country bruh", nigga wtf are you even talking about you don't even live there even if you're Venezuelan and why should I be envious of that trivial sheit. There were 2 or 3 normal people in the same situation as me (wants friends but is too shy) but the majority were just looking to fuck or were so weird I can understand why they struggled to make friends even if they were extroverted.

Last edited:
I would try to befriend people in various video-game chat groups but would get kicked out always by power-tripping admins.

I would try to befriend people in various video-game chat groups but would get kicked out always by power-tripping admins.
He does it for free
fetchimage

Mogs me. I barely talk to people online since myspace days. I don't even know what websites you'd use. Tried discord but it sucks and is full of retards