Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Did anyone else love Star Wars and Marvel but now find it boring?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Before I was really into both but thanks to Disney and their saturation releasing every year TV series, spin offs and pointless sequels now I'm not even interested in them. Also the quality has dropped a lot, I tried watching the Bad Batch (Clone Wars sequel) and it was so bad bruh, I watched 3 episodes and dropped. Book of Boba Fett was terrible too, even the worst Mandalorian episode is 100 times better than that shit. The Disney trilogy sucks, Rogue One is overrated fanservice and the Han Solo movie is bad too. The few good Star Wars things Disney has done is The Mandalorian, Star Wars Rebels and giving Clone Wars a proper ending.

Regarding Marvel the last MCU movie I really liked was Infinity War, everything after that I either skipped it or didn't like it at all except the last Spiderman movie which was surprisingly good. I haven't watched any of the Marvel live action shows because they look generic and boring, I did watch Marvel What If which was okay but not super good.

Disney should just release one movie each 3/4 years to keep the hype and novelty, if you release too much material you cause market saturation. What I do is I just remember the good parts of both franchises and ignore 90% of the shit Disney has done, it works better. For Star Wars I'm only interested in the original trilogy, prequels and some of the expanded universe. For Marvel I only like very few MCU movies but I like their comics, at least those before they started hiring SJW writers who added tranny characters and inclusivity quotas.

I loved Star Wars and Marvel when I was 12-13. Really not into them right now. Also, Disney is controlled by Jews and as a result, everything related with them is leftist propaganda.

I was never a fan of those two. Netflix ruined the witcher for me.

I was never a fan of those two. Netflix ruined the witcher for me.
Played the Witcher 3, read the books, didn't watch the show.

Played the Witcher 3, read the books, didn't watch the show.
Dont even watch it, it sucks, tries so hard to be Game of Thrones but it fails in every way.

Imagine watching jew media jfl

I disliked SW even as a kid. I only liked the Clone Wars show but thought the movies were overrated as hell.
For Marvel I loved it when I was in the middle school but realized how dogshit it is qualitywise(especially in terms of formulaic plot and terrible quips) in high school.

Personally I never cared for this stuff

Gets stale after a while, its feels like the same formula for every movie.

Phase 4 MCU is a fucking mess tbh

I used to love capeshit but definitely got boring as I acquired better taste

I loved Star Wars and Marvel when I was 12-13. Really not into them right now. Also, Disney is controlled by Jews and as a result, everything related with them is leftist propaganda.
Yep :yes:. The Sequel Trilogy was the worst thing to happen to Star Wars. :fuk:

most TV shows and movies suck now. I havent been to a theater in years. Maybe ill go again when john wick 4 comes out.

Was never really into Star Wars that much but I was into the MCU a couple years ago, mostly before Disney bought it. Now marvel is filled to the brim with SJW and woke shit I'm even bothering watching anything they put out.

Was kinda into them before all the Disney bullshit came in, specially Star Wars because the lore was something else. Then they turned it into a a SJW fiesta even though that universe is diverse enough as it is lmao.

Marvel fell into the pit of oversaturation and on your face agendas for every single movie made after endgame. Shit is so formulaic at this point you can predict the whole plot of their next movie just by taking a single look at it.

They’re too mass produced thus leading to fatigue and unoriginality. Happens to nearly all franchises dominating the present :feelsjuice:

it's been run into the ground tbh

Dont even watch it, it sucks, tries so hard to be Game of Thrones but it fails in every way.

I disliked SW even as a kid. I only liked the Clone Wars show but thought the movies were overrated as hell.
For Marvel I loved it when I was in the middle school but realized how dogshit it is qualitywise(especially in terms of formulaic plot and terrible quips) in high school.
Clone wars low key were gas asf

I was a big fan of Star Wars before Disney took over. Marvel was okay, but it's not something that ever grew on me.

thats normal cuz its media for 11 year old boys

I can't watch any Marvel or comic book movies anymore.

But I'm giving the Andor tv show a shot, it's getting good reviews and at the very least it actually has a white male as the lead character which is pretty rare now. It seems to not be plagued by wokeness.

The bigger problem is it seems all movies and tv shows are boring now. I'm no longer able to enjoy any new show, and don't understand what people find entertainment in this shit anymore. I inevitably get bored halfway through an episode and just do something else or I'm reading something on my tablet and just don't pay attention to anything anymore. I usually prefer to watch my favorite movies and show from the 80s and 90s. I'd much rather rewatch Star Trek TNG than any of that new garbage they make.

I found those things valuable when I was a kid but I'm not a kid anymore. Also the marvel movies are bad now