Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Designing swords and medieval weapons in my free time

Words2_live_bye

Words2_live_bye

What a Shame ...
★★★★★
I like HEMA and weapons and armor in general. So i've started designing them in my free time. Pic below is one i just made. A little simple, but i'm still working on figuring out how i like them to be. I want to go for a mix of realism and fantasy
Sword

From what I recall shields were never actually used in melee combat, only to block arrows

Lol it is so over for u it never begun

From what I recall shields were never actually used in melee combat, only to block arrows
They were used in melee combat too.
Obviously they're great for dealing with arrows, but in many times throughout history they were also used to block and parry opponents weapons. Where do you recall hearing this from?

Whoever told you this needs to be wearing a helmet and diapers.

Just wait until you hammer some steel boyo! Very satisfying stuff!

I have all the equipment to build a small forge. (Make a Dakota fire hole, and shove a hand-cranked blower in the intake hole.) It gets above 3000°f.

I use a old piece of railway steel as my anvil. I save used motor oil for tempering...

I have yet to do anything with it since i already have a pile of swords and stuff. But it would be useful for spearheads...

Just wait until you hammer some steel boyo! Very satisfying stuff!

I have all the equipment to build a small forge. (Make a Dakota fire hole, and shove a hand-cranked blower in the intake hole.) It gets above 3000°f.

I use a old piece of railway steel as my anvil. I save used motor oil for tempering...

I have yet to do anything with it since i already have a pile of swords and stuff. But it would be useful for spearheads...
A pile of swords? Mind sending a photo?

A pile of swords? Mind sending a photo?
It's night here and i don't feel like digging them out. Some of them need work... And only the katana is great. I consider long machetes to be swords too.
I got like 8 or 9 of them.
While i like hema im more into Mushashi. (Book of five rings)

It's night here and i don't feel like digging them out. Some of them need work... And only the katana is great. I consider long machetes to be swords too.
I got like 8 or 9 of them.
While i like hema im more into Mushashi. (Book of five rings)
I might consider buying one from you, or having you make a custom weapon for me.
I've been thinking about making my own swords. I just don't have the tools or space to do so

I might consider buying one from you, or having you make a custom weapon for me.
I've been thinking about making my own swords. I just don't have the tools or space to do so
Most of my swords arr junk that i bought before i knew better.

Do you have any swords?

Ngl I would like to have a badass sword irl

Most of my swords arr junk that i bought before i knew better.

Do you have any swords?
I have one sword, and one machete.
The sword is a Katana, full tang and made of Carbon Steel. I made sure to do my research before spending money on a sword. It even came sharp.
And the machete is a Gerber Gator Bolo. It came blunt, and i still have yet to sharpen it. But it sure does easily smash it's way into wood.
Ngl I would like to have a badass sword irl
What do you consider badass about a sword? Maybe i could help you design one or find one for you to buy

I have one sword, and one machete.
The sword is a Katana, full tang and made of Carbon Steel. I made sure to do my research before spending money on a sword. It even came sharp.
And the machete is a Gerber Gator Bolo. It came blunt, and i still have yet to sharpen it. But it sure does easily smash it's way into wood.

What do you consider badass about a sword? Maybe i could help you design one or find one for you to buy
My favorite machete is a 2' Tramontina from Brazil. My katana is 1060 steel.

Windlass makes great swords for the price. Great reviews. Cold steel is great but are expensive...

My favorite machete is a 2' Tramontina from Brazil. My katana is 1060 steel.

Windlass makes great swords for the price. Great reviews. Cold steel is great but are expensive...
My katana was a cheap one. Not sure on what type of steel it is other than "carbon steel" but here's the amazon link to it.
Amazon product ASIN B01MS8JDFBok, well the one i bought had a different Tsuba, but other than that it is basically the same sword.
Also i've thought about buying the cold steel cutlass machete before, but i always forget to do so.

They were used in melee combat too.
Obviously they're great for dealing with arrows, but in many times throughout history they were also used to block and parry opponents weapons. Where do you recall hearing this from?
I just looked it up and you're right, I heard it in a tv show when I was a lot younger but never bothered to verify it

My katana was a cheap one. Not sure on what type of steel it is other than "carbon steel" but here's the amazon link to it.
Amazon product ASIN B01MS8JDFBok, well the one i bought had a different Tsuba, but other than that it is basically the same sword.
Also i've thought about buying the cold steel cutlass machete before, but i always forget to do so.
I hear that cutlass machete is a good one!

I guess your katana is a bit flexy. Oh well. At least it's not too hard so it would break instead of flex...

Mines a united black (United cutlery) one. It was about $90 6+(?) years ago. Oval tsuba. It's ok. Thick. Great for cutting branches less than 1/4 inch and tall weeds.

I just looked it up and you're right, I heard it in a tv show when I was a lot younger but never bothered to verify it
tv shows, even the ones that claim to be "historically accurate" are like 75% of the time lying and full of misconceptions and childish ideas.

I hear that cutlass machete is a good one!

I guess your katana is a bit flexy. Oh well. At least it's not too hard so it would break instead of flex...

Mines a united black (United cutlery) one. It was about $90 6+(?) years ago. Oval tsuba. It's ok. Thick. Great for cutting branches less than 1/4 inch and tall weeds.
My katana is able to flex, but so is all other katana, even high end ones. It isn't springy though, it's more sturdy. It will bend, and then stay in place. But can be bent back into true. It's actually a good that, since bending and staying bent is better than too hard and then it breaks.
My katana was 40$.
And please don't use swords for cutting branches or weeds, use an axe or machete. It's bad for the blade, even if it can do it
Armets are unironically one of my favorite helmet types. Up in my top 10

My katana is able to flex, but so is all other katana, even high end ones. It isn't springy though, it's more sturdy. It will bend, and then stay in place. But can be bent back into true. It's actually a good that, since bending and staying bent is better than too hard and then it breaks.
My katana was 40$.
And please don't use swords for cutting branches or weeds, use an axe or machete. It's bad for the blade, even if it can do it

Armets are unironically one of my favorite helmet types. Up in my top 10
I only cut green branches on trails, no old wood. Otherwise, it would be just a wall hanger. Everything gets used.

Cutting water bottles is silly. Trimming hedges is random and useful cutting. Like how a sword fight might be.

I only cut green branches on trails, no old wood. Otherwise, it would be just a wall hanger. Everything gets used.

Cutting water bottles is silly. Trimming hedges is random and useful cutting. Like how a sword fight might be.
Imagine walking on a trail and seeing some incel with a katana hacking up branches.
And i personally would prefer to cut ballistic torsos and heads (if i had the money to) and also tatami mats.
They are pretty cheap to make at home, all you need really is some wooden sticks or dowels, and some paper to wrap it in. Then just soak them up in water, and get to the cutting.

Imagine walking on a trail and seeing some incel with a katana hacking up branches.
And i personally would prefer to cut ballistic torsos and heads (if i had the money to) and also tatami mats.
They are pretty cheap to make at home, all you need really is some wooden sticks or dowels, and some paper to wrap it in. Then just soak them up in water, and get to the cutting.
Yeah lol. How can afford that stuff? I have a yard full of weeds need cutting.

Plus... A lot of midevil sword fight warfare injuries were leg cuts! Justifies my practice lol.

Yeah lol. How can afford that stuff? I have a yard full of weeds need cutting.

Plus... A lot of midevil sword fight warfare injuries were leg cuts! Justifies my practice lol.
I know legs are usually the most unprotected part when it comes to what you guard with your sword or weapon, and i also know that a lot of medieval injuries were cuts to the legs. Although i still feel that most people would have died to daggers being pushed into eye slits, gaps in armor and of course, polearms being slammed down onto or into you.
And it's pretty cheap, at least in the US, to buy wooden dowels and get some paper lol

I know legs are usually the most unprotected part when it comes to what you guard with your sword or weapon, and i also know that a lot of medieval injuries were cuts to the legs. Although i still feel that most people would have died to daggers being pushed into eye slits, gaps in armor and of course, polearms being slammed down onto or into you.
And it's pretty cheap, at least in the US, to buy wooden dowels and get some paper lol
Sure. I've made rolled up cardboard targets on a string hanging from a tree. Works good. Very of dynamic! Recycling can be fun.

Sure. I've made rolled up cardboard targets on a string hanging from a tree. Works good. Very of dynamic! Recycling can be fun.
Soak those cardboard rolled tubes in water for awhile before cutting them. Will be more realistic, since flesh and tissue is living and wet

Soak those cardboard rolled tubes in water for awhile before cutting them. Will be more realistic, since flesh and tissue is living and wet
I used them for stabbing practice. Very of dynamic! Jumpy even.

Because i don't plan on actual sword fighting. But knife fighting is far more likely. And ive been in a few.

Pretty much the swords are mainly for yardwork. At least that's my justification for owning them. Otherwise the spend isn't in my budget.

Swords that kinda go off the norm in terms of design but that still look good.
20200131 025855

The ones here are an example

I will try that wet cardboard idea though. It's pretty clever tbh ngl ded srs! Tks!

I used them for stabbing practice. Very of dynamic! Jumpy even.

Because i don't plan on actual sword fighting. But knife fighting is far more likely. And ive been in a few.

Pretty much the swords are mainly for yardwork. At least that's my justification for owning them. Otherwise the spend isn't in my budget.
Knife fights are dangerous and risky. Not really worth it, since one stab or slice can really mess you up.
Swords that kinda go off the norm in terms of design but that still look good.
View attachment 195970
The ones here are an example
These would be fine in a movie, videogame or as a cheap stainless steel wallhanger, but wouldn't be practical for combat or even test cutting. The only one that looks mostly fine and practical is the katana looking one.
Are you wanting a sword that can be used for self defense and test cutting, or for something just to look nice in your room?

It never began for any of us. But at least i dedicate my time to things that can be used to kill fakecels like yourself :y'all: :what: :what: :what:
As long as you make it quick and painless, I've suffered enough already

Knife fights are dangerous and risky. Not really worth it, since one stab or slice can really mess you up.

These would be fine in a movie, videogame or as a cheap stainless steel wallhanger, but wouldn't be practical for combat or even test cutting. The only one that looks mostly fine and practical is the katana looking one.
Are you wanting a sword that can be used for self defense and test cutting, or for something just to look nice in your room?
Something that looks nice in my room tbh

I liked drawing swords as a kid, I would do it now but I don't know how to draw

Everything is dangerous and risky... But knives and knife fighting, is much more common than sword fighting. Knowing about it makes you slightly safer. Such as, hats and coats can be used as Shields, and blade "binders" to give you that extra fraction of a second that you need to survive.

Since, "one stab or slice can really mess you up," wouldn't you rather know how to deliver it, as well as how to avoid it? Instead of ignoring it?

Sure, knife fighting is often a lose lose proposition! The best way to win a knife fight is to avoid one! I count my "wins" as fights where no one got cut and everyone agreed to quit!

Knives and swords are just tools. There are sword dudes on YouTube that say swords were also used to cut wood in Europe! Dual purpose...

Anyway, it's cheaper than guns and more available. Plus i collect knives so it's foolish for me to not know the history and various uses of them.

I also collect antique yard tools. For a while i had a awesome axe collection, but i sold it to help buy my recumbent.

Everything is dangerous and risky... But knives and knife fighting, is much more common than sword fighting. Knowing about it makes you slightly safer. Such as, hats and coats can be used as Shields, and blade "binders" to give you that extra fraction of a second that you need to survive.

Since, "one stab or slice can really mess you up," wouldn't you rather know how to deliver it, as well as how to avoid it? Instead of ignoring it?

Sure, knife fighting is often a lose lose proposition! The best way to win a knife fight is to avoid one! I count my "wins" as fights where no one got cut and everyone agreed to quit!

Knives and swords are just tools. There are sword dudes on YouTube that say swords were also used to cut wood in Europe! Dual purpose...

Anyway, it's cheaper than guns and more available. Plus i collect knives so it's foolish for me to not know the history and various uses of them.

I also collect antique yard tools. For a while i had a awesome axe collection, but i sold it to help buy my recumbent.
Skallagrim did a video on cutting wood with a sword and it didn't go very well, if i remember right.
Axes are much better weighted to do so.
And knife fights are still dangerous, even if you "know what you're doing" you can still die
Something that looks nice in my room tbh
Then you should just get a mix of a wallhanger and a functional sword.

Skallagrim did a video on cutting wood with a sword and it didn't go very well, if i remember right.
Axes are much better weighted to do so.
And knife fights are still dangerous, even if you "know what you're doing" you can still die

Then you should just get a mix of a wallhanger and a functional sword.
Yeah. So did scholatoria something...

Knowing how to knife fight has saved my life several times! (Mostly from gangs!)

Everyone carries a knife... At least real men do. Not understanding it's full usage potential is much more dangerous than not knowing it's limits.

How about kukries? They are nice.. Like axe-knives! Great for chopping through bones and trees! I used to use mine for processing chickens! Better than a cleaver! I have the cold steel ones.

Personally, if you just like hanging stuff on a wall, that's fine. But don't be afraid to use the things!

Knowing how to knife fight has saved my life several times! (Mostly from gangs!)

Everyone carries a knife... At least real men do. Not understanding it's full usage potential is much more dangerous than not knowing it's limits.

How about kukries? They are nice.. Like axe-knives! Great for chopping through bones and trees! I used to use mine for processing chickens! Better than a cleaver! I have the cold steel ones.

Personally, if you just like hanging stuff on a wall, that's fine. But don't be afraid to use the things!
I'm definitely more interested in doing test cutting with them. But i also like to have something nice in my room.

Do you collect all types of knives or just a certain type such as fixed or pocket? What's your favorite pocket knife if you do collect them?

Do you collect all types of knives or just a certain type such as fixed or pocket? What's your favorite pocket knife if you do collect them?
I just got a tiny böker plus titainium subcom chopper with vg10 (Japanese chef steel) to use when eating out since im a gumby toothcel.

I made a lot of money buying and selling rare military daggers for a while, but now i just collect tools such as picks and shovels and yard working stuff.

I usually get medium quality knives for every day carry. And various hunting / butchering knives. (I get paid in meat ;; )

I have a few antique "case" and böker knives but they are still in production, so their valua is low :€

Currently, im looking hard at some Russian titainium military shovels for my eventual tree planting cope. To be hauled around on my bicycle...

I just got a tiny böker plus titainium subcom chopper with vg10 (Japanese chef steel) to use when eating out since im a gumby toothcel.

I made a lot of money buying and selling rare military daggers for a while, but now i just collect tools such as picks and shovels and yard working stuff.

I usually get medium quality knives for every day carry. And various hunting / butchering knives. (I get paid in meat ;; )

I have a few antique "case" and böker knives but they are still in production, so their valua is low :€

Currently, im looking hard at some Russian titainium military shovels for my eventual tree planting cope. To be hauled around on my bicycle...
That's a fine looking blade, looks a bit uncomfortable to hold though, especially for a skeletoncel with boney hands like me.

That's a fine looking blade, looks a bit uncomfortable to hold though, especially for a skeletoncel with boney hands like me.
Unfortunately that's true. Just as the reviews stated it's uncomfortable to hold due to a poor finish. So i used some Emory boards to smooth it up a bit...

Other than using a death grip, it's ok. It's pretty lightweight so you don't have to grab it hard to get a good cut with it.

I really like it! I wanted it for years but couldn't justify the spend. Then St. Christmascel ( @what is happening ) gave me a amazon gift card number, so i got it.

I use it for eating. The short flat blade makes an ok spoon for chopped vegetables. And it's not scary looking.

I've been looking at "pruning knifes" with hook/ claw blades for gathering food plants, but unfortunately the böker "subclaw" is out of production, so i can't get one unless i get lucky at an auction :€ it would be perfect...

Im
Tempted to get a regular subcom and reprofile the blade shape.

Last edited: