Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious [DENTALCELS COME] Does anyone have worse teeth than me?

cleftpalatecel

cleftpalatecel

Risperdal gave me tits
★★★★★
I'm morbidly curious. I honestly think I may have the worst dental situation on the forum, but surely I'm not alone in having defective teeth/jaws.
WhatacleftpalatedoestoaMF

Sorry about my gross chapped lips. This picture doesn't even tell the whole story: My upper teeth are canted such that when I bite down, only a few teeth on the right side touch (colored in red), and those don't even fit properly due to my underbite (hence the positioning of the colored portions). The X'd out teeth are removed/fully nonfuctional (the canine, partially visible on the center-right of the above photo.
Tooth Types Adult Web

Discuss dental woes and post pics, I'm very curious.

Pseudo-continuation of @Left4DeadNiggER 's thread:

The "hole to sinus" was opened up after a bone graft I had in 2015. Apparently when they patched me up, the gum failed to close up all the way, who the hell knows why. I've had grains of rice and even a corn kernel go up there, which I have to blow out through my nose.

Bottom teeth don't look bad imo.

Those are some brutal upper teeth tho

@xkcdCleftcel What's your dental history like? Any oral surgery?
@TheGrayWolf Has your condition affected your teeth?
@mrchristian Underbite bro?

Bottom teeth don't look bad imo.

Those are some brutal upper teeth tho
Yeah the bottom teeth are properly aligned. Luckily, my lower jaw developed properly. The cleft palate caused my maxila to not grow properly, which is the culprit for the underbite.

the teeth don't look too bad to me, but the sinus hole obviously sounds like a pain in the ass
i guess they were a lot worse if you needed a bone graft?

i used to worry about my teeth a lot, but i just fixed everything up with a dozen dentist visits or so, then made sure to clean them every day with a toothbrush, toothpick and oil pulling, and no alcohol mouthwash

this didn't fix some issues, like most of the teeth not making contact because of bad bite, or mild discomfort in my jaw from large impacted and unerupted wisdom teeth, but i don't really care, the medical procedures for "fixing" those issues are notoriously painful and expensive and unnecessary

this didn't fix some issues, like most of the teeth not making contact because of bad bite, or mild discomfort in my jaw from large impacted and unerupted wisdom teeth, but i don't really care, the medical procedures for "fixing" those issues are notoriously painful and expensive and unnecessary
What's your bite problem? I had a cross bite when I started orthodontics as a kid, and I guess they weren't able to fix it due to the cleft. Also, wisdom tooth removal was alright for me, although if your discomfort is only mild I guess there's no need.

What's your bite problem? I had a cross bite when I started orthodontics as a kid, and I guess they weren't able to fix it due to the cleft. Also, wisdom tooth removal was alright for me, although if your discomfort is only mild I guess there's no need.
i have an overbite but it seems the teeth are just crooked all around

@TheGrayWolf Has your condition affected your teeth?
It's very ironic, but no. I have perfect teeth, I cannot explain why, it's a mystery. I never needed braces. But I did have about 10 cavities as a kid despite brushing my teeth well. But I do have a very strange mouth and lips though.

And my face and head, oh boy.... you know the story.

It's very ironic, but no. I have perfect teeth, I cannot explain why, it's a mystery. I never needed braces. But I did have about 10 cavities as a kid despite brushing my teeth well. But I do have a very strange mouth and lips though.

And my face and head, oh boy.... you know the story.
That surprises me. Glad to hear at least one thing went your way.

I went to a plastic surgeon once, to ask what can be done about my face (turns out, nothing, I'm stuck with it), and he looked inside my mouth and asked in amazement, "who did the dental work on you, this is amazing."

I wish you'd know how weird my skull and face look like though.

i have an overbite, 20+ fillings, and 2 missing teeth

That surprises me. Glad to hear at least one thing went your way.
Yes, it is a mystery to me as well. I do have missing facial bones in some places, one side of my face is much longer and wider than the other and I have basically no angles, also my eyes are extremely asymmetric, my proportions make me look very uncanny etc etc

A little more history on the bone graft and missing teeth. The incisor "fell right out" when they opened me up for the surgery, and after the surgery is when the nonfunctional canine grew in, on the roof of my mouth. They pulled it forward with a wire, but like the lost incisor, it's not rooted in bone. If I get orthognathic surgery, it'll be taken out, another bone graft will be done, and a few years down the line, money allowing, I'd be able to get tooth implants.

i have an overbite, 20+ fillings, and 2 missing teeth
Damn, 20+ fillings. Were your parents bad about sugar and processed food when you were a kid?

The "hole to sinus" was opened up after a bone graft I had in 2015. Apparently when they patched me up, the gum failed to close up all the way, who the hell knows why. I've had grains of rice and even a corn kernel go up there, which I have to blow out through my nose.
Jesus, do you get sick often because of this?

@xkcdCleftcel What's your dental history like? Any oral surgery?
Yeah, the deformity affected my teeth, i have a long history with orthodontists as you probably do. Now i don't have braces, only a retainer, which i stupidly forget to wear for periods of time.

Jesus, do you get sick often because of this?
I never considered if the hole would cause this. I do get stuffy noses a lot, but I haven't had any serious respiratory illnesses, just your normal flus maybe once per winter.
Yeah, the deformity affected my teeth, i have a long history with orthodontists as you probably do. Now i don't have braces, only a retainer, which i stupidly forget to wear for periods of time.
Did your bite turn out ok? Also, what kind of cleft do you have?

I never considered if the hole would cause this. I do get stuffy noses a lot, but I haven't had any serious respiratory illnesses, just your normal flus maybe once per winter.

View attachment 1204107
unilateral, the bite isn't perfect, there's a slight crossbite but it's not really an issue for me

View attachment 1204107
Respiratory problems are typical for asians because of a flat face.

I'm morbidly curious. I honestly think I may have the worst dental situation on the forum, but surely I'm not alone in having defective teeth/jaws.
View attachment 1203987
Sorry about my gross chapped lips. This picture doesn't even tell the whole story: My upper teeth are canted such that when I bite down, only a few teeth on the right side touch (colored in red), and those don't even fit properly due to my underbite (hence the positioning of the colored portions). The X'd out teeth are removed/fully nonfuctional (the canine, partially visible on the center-right of the above photo.
View attachment 1203990

Discuss dental woes and post pics, I'm very curious.

Pseudo-continuation of @Left4DeadNiggER 's thread:
You're teeth are still straighter than mine even after 6 years of braces and retainers