Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

"degeneracy" is cringe

A Good Friend

A Good Friend

True Force Loneliness
It really has gotten that way.

Pretty much any /pol/ talking point sounds like a braying ass spitting saliva in my ear.

Degeneracy would be fine if you were on the receiving end. That's why Chad's not complaining.

Degeneracy would be fun. But I don't think it's the proper way of going.

A Good Friend said:
It really has gotten that way.

Pretty much any /pol/ talking point sounds like a braying ass spitting saliva in my ear.

Degeneracy would be fine if you were on the receiving end. That's why Chad's not complaining.

100%.

I lol when I read "degeneracy" being written unironically.

KyloRen said:
Degeneracy would be fun. But I don't think it's the proper way of going.

Most of what happens in America is a stuffy, repressed society that was told not to press the red button for so long that as soon as they got a chance they pressed that fucker into oblivion. The novelty will wear off.

Its fun if your an immoral dickhead with no desire for long term preservation of society. Its not fun for incels though and I cannot defend it because it plays a large role in why things are so bad in the West for us.

It's another form of virtue signalling imo.

/pol/cel said:
Its fun if your an immoral dickhead with no desire for long term preservation of society. Its not fun for incels though and I cannot defend it because it plays a large role in why things are so bad in the West for us.

It'll wear off, kiddo.

A Good Friend said:
Most of what happens in America is a stuffy, repressed society that was told not to press the red button for so long that as soon as they got a chance they pressed that fucker into oblivion. The novelty will wear off.

History has shown that there's a counterculture to everything. It's highly likely that "degeneracy" will die down in the coming decades. Then to rise back up later.

A Good Friend said:
It'll wear off, kiddo.

Im still waiting for that to happen. Each day of life in this shithole society only makes me angrier.

KyloRen said:
It's highly likely that "degeneracy" will die down in the coming decades. Then to rise back up later.

We really had it bad. We still freak the fuck out over nudity, essentially everywhere but the internet. Shit, we lock teens up for taking pictures of their boobs. We censor the nude paintings in television shows.

degeneracy is harmful to incels.

/pol/cel said:
Im still waiting for that to happen. Each day of life in this shithole society only makes me angrier.

One day you'll draw no distinction between /pol/ and tumblrites. Both will seem equally annoying. That's a hard day, and why I'm mainly on forums now.

A Good Friend said:
We really had it bad. We still freak the fuck out over nudity, essentially everywhere but the internet. Shit, we lock teens up for taking pictures of their boobs. We censor the nude paintings in television shows.

There's a difference between being stupid/horny and being degenerate.

fukmylyf said:

This.

fukmylyf said:

It's neutral.

Do you really think that if it were 1950, women would be lining up to wed you?

Could you have held down a job in a burning hot car plant or steel mill for ten hours a day?

Could you have gone overseas (if American) and caught lead for your country?

Because that's what it took to get one of these "faithful" wives.

Degeneracy is for degenerates.

KyloRen said:
There's a difference between being stupid/horny and being degenerate.
I was trying to illustrate the level of quasi-puritan fucked up oppression. Of course bitches went nuts, and men, being men, capitalized on it. That's all this is.

A Good Friend said:
It's neutral.

Could you have held down a job in a burning hot car plant or steel mill for ten hours a day?

that's a ridiculous exaggeration and you know it. But yes, I think I would be much better off if I grew up in a different culture.

Degeneracy is why your incel.

A Good Friend said:
It's neutral.

Id take the steel mill job if it meant an actual loyal wife. Better than being an atomized, depressed cynic with no direction.

A Good Friend said:
I was trying to illustrate the level of quasi-puritan fucked up oppression. Of course bitches went nuts, and men, being men, capitalized on it. That's all this is.

Yes, it would be fun to have received topless pics of barely legal girls. Yes, I would agree that me being thrown in jail for possessing them is stupid.

Having women go nuts for a guy when they're horny is OK, but not mindless fucking, jumping from one man to the next. Especially worse when they're in their 30s, and start having kids. This goes for men too. 

Single parenthood is a big issue for African-Americans.

/pol/cel said:
Id take the steel mill job if it meant an actual loyal wife. Better than being an atomized, depressed cynic with no direction.

You're romanticizing it, though. Imagine you're 35, you've been doing hard labor since you were 14; Do you really think you're going to feel "good" when you get home to that wife? You'll probably have so many bulging discs in your back that all you'll do is sit in your chair while your amazing wife tells the kids "don't disturb daddy, he has to sit in the dark and grind his teeth in agony until he goes to work at 6 am."

It always sucked. This world always sucked. Relish your chance to be lazy.

I think when half of marriages in the West are divorced, often for minor reasons, and a lot of children even grow up completely without their fathers, there is indeed a problem with degenary.
Also, apart from dating, when it comes to education, Asians are studying way harder than Western people, and I believe sooner or later China inevitably will be the worlds new biggest superpower. 
Modern architecture looks like absolute shit compared to what was build in Europe 100 years ago, and most of modern art is shit too, beatiful aesthetics and classical artistic skills are looked down upon by most modern artists and architects.
Virtues like decency, sincerity and diligence and family values aren't really valued anymore.
There is no real social cohesion in big cities, apart from your circle of friends and family, it is easy to become lonely.
And the list goes on and on...

/pol/cel said:

this. Modern western society offers no real incentives.

A Good Friend said:
You're romanticizing it, though. Imagine you're 35, you've been doing hard labor since you were 14; Do you really think you're going to feel "good" when you get home to that wife? You'll probably have so many bulging discs in your back that all you'll do is sit in your chair while your amazing wife tells the kids "don't disturb daddy, he has to sit in the dark and grind his teeth in agony until he goes to work at 6 am."

I feel that way already to be honest. What you described would be an improvement.

fukmylyf said:
this. Modern western society offers no real incentives.
Don't chalk it exclusively up to modern life. We're safe, we're talking across the world, we have access to the world's knowledge. We just can't get laid. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Erenor said:
most of modern art is shit too, beatiful aesthetics and classical artistic skills are looked down upon by most modern artists and architects.
This is what I'm talking about. Most of the modern pieces that are promoted in our little hugbox are women bleeding on canvas or Virgin Mary painted with shit, perhaps a fifty foot butt-plug. There's more out there than that, but you have to look.

I see things on Deviant Art every day that took so much skill, so much discipline, why are we writing that off? Because it's not in The Louvre?

Always remember that I lived the degenerate life and still hated it. Nohing but mixed emotions, people using each other, and people poisoning their bodies. Loyalty and Love do not exist in the Degenerate Realm. Some people would even forsake degeneracy if it meant getting with a 100% loyal loving partner. Degeneracy is the root of suffering.

When I see the term "degeneracy" I automatically close the thread. Its such a blatant sour grapes cope

A Good Friend said:
Don't chalk it exclusively up to modern life. We're safe, we're talking across the world, we have access to the world's knowledge. We just can't get laid. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This is what I'm talking about. Most of the modern pieces that are promoted in our little hugbox are women bleeding on canvas or Virgin Mary painted with shit, perhaps a fifty foot butt-plug. There's more out there than that, but you have to look.

I see things on Deviant Art every day that took so much skill, so much discipline, why are we writing that off? Because it's not in The Louvre?

Are you denying that Modernity is a souless, sterile, meaningless excercise in abject misery and monotony? At least earlier period had unique aesthethics if nothing else.

ItheIthe said:
Degeneracy is the root of suffering.
Drawing breath is the root of suffering. Degeneracy acknowledges the primal. The thing we tried to bury under architecture, philosophy, Saturn V rockets, etc., but we'll never keep the lid tight enough.

The war on degeneracy is a war on humanity itself.

Your problems would exist without it, they'd just be new and tortuously interesting. Such is our condition.

Popbob said:
When I see the term "degeneracy" I automatically close the thread. Its such a blatant sour grapes cope

I speak from experience when I say I hate it

A Good Friend said:

When in the course of human history has that ever happened? A society became less degenerate without some religion or morality movement sweeping through and changing things or the society collapsing and being rebuilt differently?

A Good Friend said:
Drawing breath is the root of suffering. Degeneracy acknowledges the primal. The thing we tried to bury under architecture, philosophy, Saturn V rockets, etc., but we'll never keep the lid tight enough.

The war on degeneracy is a war on humanity itself.

Your problems would exist without it, they'd just be new and tortuously interesting. Such is our condition.

Degeneracy can be contained if we simply gas whores/fuckboys, adulterers, etc.

/pol/cel said:
Are you denying that Modernity is a souless, sterile, meaningless excercise in abject misery and monotony? At least earlier period had unique aesthethics if nothing else.

>At least earlier period had unique aesthethics
As does this period. One can cherry pick an example if they'd like, but there are ups and downs (mostly downs) to every era.

It's like pulling a "grass is always greener" trick with the past.

A Good Friend said:

yeah... it's kind of a big deal in case you haven't noticed. This community wouldn't exist otherwise. 
Fuck the west, this culture is toxic. I could have many of the same modern conveniences and a wife if I lived elsewhere. And no, this isn't cope... I have relatives living like this today.

A Good Friend said:
>At least earlier period had unique aesthethics
As does this period. One can cherry pick an example if they'd like, but there are ups and downs (mostly downs) to every era.

It's like pulling a "grass is always greener" trick with the past.

I dont see any ups to this period except maybe video games.

ItheIthe said:
I speak from experience when I say I hate it

Thats only because you have been brainwashed into the Christian clut

not_here_4_points said:
When in the course of human history has that ever happened?

Has what happened?

fukmylyf said:
it's kind of a big deal in case you haven't noticed. This community wouldn't exist otherwise

I don't have to throw all of my rejections into the "if I were Genghis Khan" hat every time I feel like shit about my situation. All of your problems may not stem from "le current year"

Every era had losers. Welcome to loserdom in the information age.

Popbob said:

Better that than the cult of mindless self indulgence. Degenerates arent your friends unless your a fakecel.

A Good Friend said:

Still more appealing than beeing a incel neet in my opinion. At least your life has a purpuse that way and you are not lonely

Popbob said:

I hated degeneracy before I made a commitment to Christ

/pol/cel said:
Better that than the cult of mindless self indulgence. Degenerates arent your friends unless your a fakecel.

Hedonism > Christianity. Jesus and the bible is bullshit I dont believe in fairly tales and there is no possible way to make a perfect world so you might as well keep the dopamine train going until youre 6 feet under.

ItheIthe said:
I hated degeneracy before I made a commitment to Christ

Only because you couldn't participate. You have  internalized your sour grapes cope

Popbob said:
Hedonism > Christianity. Jesus and the bible is bullshit I dont believe in fairly tales and there is no possible way to make a perfect world so you might as well keep the dopamine train going until youre 6 feet under.

Hedonists are also shitty cultists to me. Id get a dopamine rush from putting them 6 feet under.

A Good Friend said:
Has what happened? 

A society become less degenerate only because the novelty wore off?

Erenor said:
At least your life has a purpuse that way and you are not lonely

This is a huge assumption. Plenty of people, most people, lived meandering little lives of shit-nothing.

So do we. It sucks. Maybe it speaks more to the human condition than the amount of dick being sucked on the first date, on average.

And no one is stopping you from doing those traditional things, if they're so fulfilling. Fell some trees, dry them out, build a bench. It's a long and laborious process that rewards you with, well, a bench. You'll essentially be back in the old days.

You won't get a wife, but it's no surprise that a traditional construct fell apart so easily. Perhaps it wasn't very strong to begin with.