Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Defining what is and is not an incel

Extremely high IQ post! :feelsokman:

Bro you had me laughing my ass off at certain points. :feelskek:

I seriously think you just solved some major problems for me that everyone will be happy with the solution of. :panties:

That said would you be willing to run said Tinder experiments whenever we get an aspiring hopeful member that seems too good looking to many to belong here? :feelshehe:
I’d need to know where they live (city and country) since their SMV might be lower where I live, but in their native country they can get laid.
Your other idea about mentalcel’s having a diagnosis was also solid but again people can lie so while good the idea is kind of a wash but eh we can still ask future applicants anyway. :ahegao:
People lie about stuff all the time. I just don’t like people posting their faces.

I could write a long post considering many things but I'll give my sincere opinion in a concise way:

Incel= ugly

If you were born ugly, you'll most likely be an incel. If you used to be attractive but your face burned or had acid thrown in it, you'll most likely be an incel. If age ruined you, you'll most likely be an incel and so on.

Attractive men are not incels, especially if they're young. The only exception is SEVERE mental conditions. No, your high functioning austism or ADHD doesn't count.

Attractive, young "mentalcels" are on the countdown for their ascensions or at least opportunities to ascend, if these things already didn't happen (most likely).

Last edited:
incel: can't get laid despite trying due to face, height, non-NT, frame, ethnicity, etc.

Incel = Unable to get unpaid sex with a normal looking female. Fucking a granny, acid/burn victim, or 300 lb whale doesen't count.

I mean to me ER was normie-tier, but also incel. So I guess I do think normie-tier autistcels do fit the bill, however ambivalent I often seem to feel about the issue. I mean if a dude's life is basically one of rejection then he probably fits the bill, you know? I mean if he really knows the pain.

Last edited:
21 should be the minimum age for joining this board. Being 18 and saying you're incel is a joke, unless you are deformed or something alike.

Yep, this is yet another necessary topic to find out what sort of people you the members of the community will accept as incels moving forward and whom are not? :feelsclown:

For example should divorced men who haven’t been with a woman in years and claim they can no longer get one be considered incels?

Sure people can lie about their age but some don’t which is why I must ask should there be a required age limit for those that join our site claiming to be incels? I’d say people should not be able to join until they’re 25 but that’s just my opinion. What is yours?

So called good looking guys. This is probably the most controversial subject in our community and I understand why or at least I think I have most of an idea of what this controversy is all about.

We’re never going to all agree on whether Elliot Rodger was a Chad appearance wise or not but I’m using him for this example since he’s a hero to so many of you.

Personally I believe he was a Chad appearance wise or at least a Chad lite and that the reason he failed with women had nothing at all to do with his looks but rather that he was a severe mentalcel suffering from psychosis mistaken as narcissistic personality disorder as well crippling shyness.

People who disagree with me about Elliot most notably long gone from our community former member “Personality inkwell” would argue with me about this saying that if Elliot was a Chad of some sort women would have approached him. To which I believe I’d countered that not all Chads always have that experience as there’s plenty of shy women out there that would rather be the one to be approached first and or Elliot’s crippling shyness would make it so he’s not even in the vicinity most of the time where the women that he’s attracted to could even see him.

Well you can’t expect to sell a product or even yourself if you’re too afraid to show it off.

And sure yes he did go to parties but due to the shyness never made any attempts to talk to anyone.

Women/girls need to feel that a guy is safe to be around or that he can protect them before they’ll want to get with said guy and since Elliot stayed quiet as a church mouse even if a girl was attracted to him since she could get no idea of his mind state she cautiously stayed away. Girls may have been interested and even asked around about him but because Elliot was so shy they probably got answers ranging back from “Don’t know, that dude never talks to anyone” or the more unflattering “Eh that guys a fuckin weirdo, he don’t talk to anyone, you should stay away from him”.

Anyway I digress.

I guess my point is I feel guys like Elliot with some form of so called Chad good looks belong on our site just as much as the legendary 5ft2 balding Indian janitor archetypes do.

My reasons?

Sometimes guys that look good and appear to be Chad simply are not because of mentalceldom like in Elliot’s case.

Other times it could be the result of a bad stuttering problem, severe low IQ or the guy has a good face but is a manlet etc, etc.

As a community of heterosexual men I’m not sure we’re uniquely qualified to properly judge who is Chad from who is not based purely on appearance alone since we’re not attracted to guys. During my life thinking on this subject I’ve come to believe that perhaps only fags or women can assess whose Chad or not since they are, but since for obvious reasons we cannot utilize their council we are left to figure out this pressing matter for ourselves. :feelshehe:

For example when I was much younger during my various school years I’d look around and think oh this or that guy is an obvious Chad and should get all the girls and this other guy is not or I’d see movie stars like Vin Diesel and say to myself “what an ugly fucker, this guy will never have a chance with the ladies”.

Well more often than I’d like to admit I was wrong and the exact opposite ended up happening as the so called real Chads ended up being the people I’d never expect in a thousand years. :feelswhere:

So that’s why when so many of you scream “Chad fakecel!” at some guy you perceive to be handsome and just LARPing as one of us for fun or to eventually troll us I can only roll my eyes at you because I just don’t think you’re anymore qualified than I am to judge that person an actual genuine Chad or not.

Only exception being of course is if you’ve got some kind of documented proof of his ascension.

I have also noticed what seems to be a growing phenomenon these days of so called good looking guys being frozen out of the dating market and essentially becoming nearly as bad off as us as the changes in modernity likely related to social media and the dating apps have made women’s hypergamy become even worse ie which is to say een more demanding. :feelsugh:

@nice_try

incel = virgin, simple

Inceldom is, quite simply, an existential state of being. I define it as a persistent (chronic) state that is brought about from the psychological stresses of loneliness, sexlessness and lack of intimacy. Incels are, then, defined as any male in this persistent state and suffering as a result. This state is further exacerbated by other factors, such as social and cultural e.g., not having a social support network and a group of friends you can rely on, and also things like hypergamy that is amplified, especially in Western culture.

Inceldom is not genetic, but genetics plays a central role (perhaps the most influential) in the onset of this state. For truecels, this means that they were, in the words of Saint Hamudi, "born and it was over." For those unfortunate brethren, their inceldom is, for all practical purposes, a permanent state of being. For others, their inceldom could be brought about through other factors, such as injury, age, health changes (read: got fat), and of course the social and cultural, even technological (tinder, social media etc.). These factors are obviously less severe, and the state of inceldom they're in now (and were not in previously) could be temporary, but there needs to be those stresses present for enough time to have the aforementioned effects. This means chad getting rejected and going home to his hand is not "incel for the night" or some bullshit like that. How long do these stresses need to be present for to be classified as persistent would a matter of debate. It might be an empirical problem, and as such, it would be difficult to measure.

@Fat Link This should be pinned like the others tbh.

Good post, surprised I only saw it now.

I wouldn't agree that ER was a Chad or even a Chadlite personally, but I could bet my life that if you replaced his brain with a normie's he'd slay some noodles at the very least. This is basically common sense, other than being hapa and somewhat short, he didn't have many problems physically speaking and he had money. He was the definition of a mentalcel and his looks weren't enough to have women approach him. And even if they did, I really doubt he'd get anywhere. He was an awkward sperg with no social skills or experiences of talking to foids, he'd spill his spaghetti immediately.

Last edited:
Inceldom is, quite simply, an existential state of being. I define it as a persistent (chronic) state that is brought about from the psychological stresses of loneliness, sexlessness and lack of intimacy. Incels are, then, defined as any male in this persistent state and suffering as a result. This state is further exacerbated by other factors, such as social and cultural e.g., not having a social support network and a group of friends you can rely on, and also things like hypergamy that is amplified, especially in Western culture.

Inceldom is not genetic, but genetics plays a central role (perhaps the most influential) in the onset of this state. For truecels, this means that they were, in the words of Saint Hamudi, "born and it was over." For those unfortunate brethren, their inceldom is, for all practical purposes, a permanent state of being. For others, their inceldom could be brought about through other factors, such as injury, age, health changes (read: got fat), and of course the social and cultural, even technological (tinder, social media etc.). These factors are obviously less severe, and the state of inceldom they're in now (and were not in previously) could be temporary, but there needs to be those stresses present for enough time to have the aforementioned effects. This means chad getting rejected and going home to his hand is not "incel for the night" or some bullshit like that. How long do these stresses need to be present for to be classified as persistent would a matter of debate. It might be an empirical problem, and as such, it would be difficult to measure.

@Fat Link This should be pinned like the others tbh.
Based post from @based_meme.

No offense but the shit you’re saying is incredibly bluepilled and low IQ

For example should divorced men who haven’t been with a woman in years and claim they can no longer get one be considered incels?
That’s not how it works. Unless you just get incredibly lucky which almost never happens, most guys who are attractive enough to get a foid once can get a foid again.

Sure people can lie about their age but some don’t which is why I must ask should there be a required age limit for those that join our site claiming to be incels? I’d say people should not be able to join until they’re 25 but that’s just my opinion. What is yours?
25? Most people are having their first experiences in their teen years why should you have to wait like a decade to see if you are incel. I think it should be way lower but that’s just my opinion.

We’re never going to all agree on whether Elliot Rodger was a Chad appearance wise or not but I’m using him for this example since he’s a hero to so many of you.

Personally I believe he was a Chad appearance wise or at least a Chad lite and that the reason he failed with women had nothing at all to do with his looks but rather that he was a severe mentalcel suffering from psychosis mistaken as narcissistic personality disorder as well crippling shyness.
People who disagree with me about Elliot most notably long gone from our community former member “Personality inkwell” would argue with me about this saying that if Elliot was a Chad of some sort women would have approached him. To which I believe I’d countered that not all Chads always have that experience as there’s plenty of shy women out there that would rather be the one to be approached first and or Elliot’s crippling shyness would make it so he’s not even in the vicinity most of the time where the women that he’s attracted to could even see him.
You really believe this? Foids approach chad all the fucking time. You need to go outside more if you don’t believe me.

Also ask yourself this, if elliot was a chad how come there aren’t many fan girls of him? I’ve seen some but most were ironic

As a community of heterosexual men I’m not sure we’re uniquely qualified to properly judge who is Chad from who is not based purely on appearance alone since we’re not attracted to guys. During my life thinking on this subject I’ve come to believe that perhaps only fags or women can assess whose Chad or not since they are, but since for obvious reasons we cannot utilize their council we are left to figure out this pressing matter for ourselves. :feelshehe:
you don’t have to be attracted to guys to figure out the type of guys foids choose

For example when I was much younger during my various school years I’d look around and think oh this or that guy is an obvious Chad and should get all the girls and this other guy is not or I’d see movie stars like Vin Diesel and say to myself “what an ugly fucker, this guy will never have a chance with the ladies”.

Well more often than I’d like to admit I was wrong and the exact opposite ended up happening as the so called real Chads ended up being the people I’d never expect in a thousand years. :feelswhere:
Strange. Personally I tend to be pretty spot on with who I judge to be a chad

I have also noticed what seems to be a growing phenomenon these days of so called good looking guys being frozen out of the dating market and essentially becoming nearly as bad off as us as the changes in modernity likely related to social media and the dating apps have made women’s hypergamy become even worse ie which is to say een more demanding. :feelsugh:
I have not seen this happen. Don’t know what you’re talking about bro