Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

*Deep 2AM thoughts* Pinpointing Exactly Why Inceldom is The Greatest Suffering

• Thread starter Deleted member 1783
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1783

Self-banned
-
When people with an enjoyable and healthy sex life think of involuntary celibacy, they usually think "Sex is just penis thrusting inside vagina. Why are these losers so obsessed with it?"

Sex is a lot like air in that you don't realize how much you need it until you're going without it. People who have sex regularly don't even think about how much suffering the sexually frustrated go through in their lives. In this, I will attempt to explain exactly why involuntary celibacy is so painful.

Sex and attraction has many traits that make starvation painful.

Sex is the basis of reproduction. It is essential to all life. Without it, evolutionarily advanced organisms such as humans could have never come about. At the same time, there is a paradoxical duality that ensures starvation will never be seen as a real problem: sex is not essential to living at the individual level. In other words, man cannot go without food, water, air; all of these things are necessary for him to live. Man can live without sex, living in the most literal sense of the word.

As long as sex is not needed to sustain life, there will never be solutions to combat sexual starvation like there are for food starvation. Government assistance programs will never lend a helping hand to the involuntary ceilbate the same way that they do with the starving. Along with the stigma of sex itself and the commonly held belief that sexlessness is not a REAL and urgent problem, those with a healthy sex life will never pay a second thought to what the sexually starved are going through.

In addition, sex and attraction is based signfiicantly on physical appearance. This lends an unfair advantage to those who were merely born with fortunate genes. The difference between fulfillment and starvation is a game of chance, a game that started at conception and which the fetus has no control over. In this way, life itself is cruel and the playing field is unfair. Despite this, acknowledging lookism carries the social stigma of realizing that the world is unfair, and all of the pessimism that comes with this realization. People would rather live in a happy bubble of thinking "Personality matters more than looks." They actively spread this malicious lie around, giving a false hope to the sexually starved.

The universality of human sexuality ensures that there will never be any peace for the sexually starved. Short of becoming a hermit in a remote and desolate area, there is no way to avoid the constant reminder of failure and loneliness as the sexually starved see happy couples around them, happy couples with healthy and fulfilling sex lives. Even monks, who are well-known for their voluntary vows of chastity and celibacy, are usually confined to practice in isolated communities, free from the ubiquitous torture of seeing sex and love all around them. Moving away isn't feasible for the modern person, who needs a career and a steady income in a populated and urban area. Suffering then becomes inevitable, constant, and daily in nature.

Reading Elliot Rodger's manifesto struck a chord with me. I have been involuntarily celibate for many years. These realizations could only come to one who has experienced sexual starvation and all of the suffering that accompanies it firsthand. The one thing I noticed about Rodger's lamentations is that he was reflective and deep in his thoughts, a sharp contrast to the hedonistic and happy-go-lucky attitudes and lifestyles of the sexually active people he despised so much. He was awkward and shy in social interactions, but he was far more eloquent and observant than they were. I dare say that he "deserved those girls more," as he painfully said many times in his Youtube videos and his manifesto. If this world were an ideal meritocracy instead of this brutal looks-based attraction arena, as sexually active liars want you to believe, then he would not be involuntarily celibate. Sexually active people reading his manifesto dismissed him as strange and mentally ill because they could not relate to the pain of involuntary celibacy. Though his actions were drastic, his mindset and rationalization made perfect sense to me, even though it is socially taboo for me to support a serial killer. With this entire community of involuntary celibate people, I hope this rambling piece has made you pinpoint exactly why incelibacy hurts so much, though I'm sure all of you knew these subconsciously. I'm not sure what else to say, but best of luck for the future... if there even is one for us all.

well written

but the reality is more tragic

I agree with most of these points and this is well-written.

To be fair with contemporary normies, they are not the first to deny that the companionship of the opposite sex is important in life.

The first "deniers" have been philosophers, priests and monks ; the clerical class. In ancient Greece, some renowned philosophers were already attacking sex and praising celibacy. And believe it or not, they had a large audience, including in the ranks of the aristocracy.

If inceldom is not recognized as a public health issue nowadays, I feel that this is in great part due to the legacy of Christianity in the West, and Buddhism in the East.

Inceldom is a very old phenomenon, older than anyone could possibly imagine. So is coping.

Fontaine said:
I agree with most of these points and this is well-written.

To be fair with contemporary normies, they are not the first to deny that the companionship of the opposite sex isn't important in life.

The first "deniers" have been philosophers, priests and monks ; the clerical class. In ancient Greece, some renowned philosophers were already attacking sex and praising celibacy. And believe it or not, they had a large audience, including in the ranks of the aristocracy.

If inceldom is not recognized as a public health issue nowadays, I feel that this is in great part due to the legacy of Christianity in the West, and Buddhism in the East.

Inceldom is a very old phenomenon, older than anyone could possibly imagine. So is coping.

The celibacy of monks and priests were almost universally voluntary, back in those days sex and hookup culture did not exist, the only way to attain sex was through arranged marriage which required the ability to support a wife. Also males and females of almost equal appearance were paired off and sometimes even uglier males could marry pretty females by gaining wealth. Females were also usually pure and chaste virgins before marriage who were capable of pair bonding and not appalling jizz rags who had been pumped and dumped by many chads. Inceldom was nowhere near as big a problem back then as it is now.

universallyabhorred said:
The celibacy of monks and priests were almost universally voluntary

Publicly, yes. But if you read between the lines, you can notice a certain "type" of men that usually ended up clerics. They were usually less energetic, more introverted, less physically strong than their brothers. It was also common for aristocratic families to send their disabled children or extremely ugly daughters to monasteries.

A semi-voluntary vocation, in other words.

Nietzsche wrote on this topic.

Fontaine said:
Publicly, yes. But if you read between the lines, you can notice a certain "type" of men that usually ended up clerics. They were usually less energetic, more introverted, less physically strong than their brothers. It was also common for aristocratic families to send their disabled children or extremely ugly daughters to monasteries.

A semi-voluntary vocation, in other words.

Nietzsche wrote on this topic.

So were the children pissed off by their inceldom, or did they just suck it up?

dhMeAzK.gifhttp:

This is the type of posts that should be written here. Evolutionary psychology, observative analysis of the situation, cynicism, rational approach should be the key elements of incel threads.

incelman said:
dhMeAzK.gifhttp:

This is the type of posts that should be written here. Evolutionary psychology, observative analysis of the situation, cynicism, rational approach should be the key elements of incel threads.

I’d like to see more philosophical rambles (without all the pseudoscience delusional bullshit of TRP) along with the usual misery and LDARing posts on this forum.

soulartemis said:
I’d like to see more philosophical rambles (without all the pseudoscience delusional bullshit of TRP) along with the usual misery and LDARing posts on this forum.

I like philosophical posts as well cause their teachings can actually be implemented in yor every day life.

incelman said:
I like philosophical posts as well cause their teachings can actually be implemented in yor every day life.

We aren’t TRP loons. There is nothing we can do to change our lives.

soulartemis said:
We aren’t TRP loons. There is nothing we can do to change our lives.

Yep. It's over. Everything was decided the moment we were conceived.

Thank you for that deep and philosophical post.  The part that really stings is how we are constantly bombarded by sexuality in our daily lives.  Seeing attractive women in revealing clothing, models on billboards, and couples holding hands.  That’s like some rich asshole driving to several African villages and eating a large meal right in front of them while those people are starving.

Eternalfootman2017 said:
Thank you for that deep and philosophical post.  The part that really stings is how we are constantly bombarded by sexuality in our daily lives.  Seeing attractive women in revealing clothing, models on billboards, and couples holding hands.  That’s like some rich asshole driving to several African villages and eating a large meal right in front of them while those people are starving.

ER asked, “Would you rather eat all you want but stay a virgin, or have all the beautiful girls you want but have 1000 calories per day?” People thought he was crazy for making the comparison between celibacy and starvation.

Thank you for that deep and philosophical post. The part that really stings is how we are constantly bombarded by sexuality in our daily lives. Seeing attractive women in revealing clothing, models on billboards, and couples holding hands. That’s like some rich asshole driving to several African villages and eating a large meal right in front of them while those people are starving.