Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious ¿Could I be going through another growth outbreak?

Koruga

Koruga

Your existence is insignificant to us.
★★★★
You see, about 8 months ago it was the last time I measured myself, it marked exactly 5'7, today my mother and her delusions, as they always mentioned that "I looked taller," I pretended not to listen, inside I was upset because she was still upset I thought I could grow more (Thing I doubt, because I have the same height as my father, so I assumed that I had already reached my genetic potential) But still, then I have little hope, so I looked for a meter and measured myself barefoot, I I did the right way, so I couldn't measure too much accidentally. It was then that I realized that I had grown 2 cm more.
I don't want to get excited but I'm really intrigued.
:waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat:

Brag. Though, if you measured in the morning it might explain why you were taller.
Or maybe your just getting a lucky growth spurt at 17.

Depends on your age and if u do exercise

Do you speak spanish? Why did you use an upside down question mark

probably not

This is not surprising considering you're underage. Most men stop growing at 16, some continue to grow a little until 18 and very few (less than 1%) grow at 19-21. Growth at 21-25 is extremely rare.
The problem with measurements at home is that you probably don't remember at what time during the day you measured yourself 8 months ago.

If the recent measurement you took was in the morning or within 3-5 hours of waking up and the one 8 months ago was say in the afternoon or at night, those 2cm of height are almost definitely due to height variance during the day.
Our spine and cartilage compresses during the day due to gravity. Most people shrink around 2cm (3/4") by the end of the day and no, it has nothing to do with posture. So for example if you wake up and immediately measure yourself at 172cm, you'll be around 170cm in the afternoon or at night depending on physical activity.
We all have our "maximum" (right out of bed) and "absolute low" height. I personally shrink around 2cm on average, but on the days I walk a lot and do heavy physical work I can shrink up to 3cm.

If you want to track height, it's always best to measure right out of bed and I'm talking within a couple of minutes of waking up in the morning, preferably immediately. This way you can easily tell you're growing because if you're not you'll always wake up at the exact same height, but during the day your height can vary depending on physical activity and time of day so it's not a good idea to measure during the day.

Personally I'd notice 2cm of growth without even measuring, but I've been a little obsessed with height ever since I was 18.

Last edited: