Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Copes are powerful, man

• Thread starter bigantennaemay1
  • Start date
bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
I made a thread in the sewers just now about buying Skyward Sword for Switch, and to be honest, it's the copes that keep me going. It's the only defense we, as incels, really have against utter despair, nihilism, and eventually suicide. And I've made the realization, it doesn't matter what others think, even other incels, as long as you have your copes, and can obtain new copes to keep you entertained and engaged, everything will work out just fine.

In my case, I have my Friday night fish fry and well over a liter of German beer, along with edibles, and the very occasional new game (in this case, Skyward Sword, which, believe it or not, is actually the first new video game I've purchased all year) to keep me going, keep my spirits up, and have something to look forward to at the start of each week.

Life sucks shit, people suck shit, foids suck extra shit, but as long as I have my copes, I feel like I can keep myself grounded and sane, and prevent the inevitable spiraling into oblivion and the less-than-stellar result ( :feelsrope: ), that may or may not wind up turning into. It's all about putting off the inevitable, every single day, living day by day, and telling yourself "you know what? I have ____ to look forward to this week, I'll put off roping until next month." Trust me, I've been utilizing this strategy for over a decade now, and it seems to be working, else I wouldn't be here to write about it. :feelsLightsaber::feelsbadman::feelsjuice:

Point is, who cares if Nintendo products are soy? If they keep me alive and sane, then it's good enough for me. And maybe this is a lesson that another fellow incel can learn from, and hopefully save their life. If I've saved one of my fellow brocel's life with this post, and/or the Skyward Sword post I made in the sewers, then it was worth it. :soy::soy::soy:

Last edited:
BoTW is some real amazing shit

BoTW is some real amazing shit
I actually didn't like that one, but all the power to you if you enjoy it, I hope it serves well as a cope. From what I've heard, you can milk a hefty amount of hours out of that game, at least if you're a completionist.

sounds tasty but I would literally shit my pants if I had that lol
Why is that?

I'd never be able to cope if I didn't have my fish fry and beer! :fuk:

Skyward Sword was a typical piece of Aounuma dog shit that I amazingly actually finished back in the day of its original release.

Its uniquely awful among the Aounuma Zelda turds not only because of its atrocious motion based gameplay but because it is an experience that is largely on rails which is the complete antithesis to what the Zelda formula is supposed to be about.

Zelda is at its very best when it does its best to mimick the first game of the series on the NES.

What you get with that type of gameplay is a sandbox style world of go anywhere and do whatever you want kind of world and gaming experience and typically every gamer out there will have a different story to tell of how they played the game and approached one scenario or another.

BOTW is so good because it largely but unfortunately not completely returned to Zelda 1’s world and style of play. The only shitty elements in it are Aounuma isms like the horrid puzzle shrines and shitty cartoon graphics.

BOTW would’ve been largely more popular with traditional Zelda dungeons and realistic graphics, unbreakable weapons and a soaring epic soundtrack.

I detest the minimalism barely there soundtrack that BOTW does have which is another direct ripoff of Skyrim’s style.

I have a weak stomach, get sick from too much beer or greasy food :worryfeels:
Sad shit, man, hope you can find a good alternative.

Skyward Sword was a typical piece of Aounuma dog shit that I amazingly actually finished back in the day of its original release.

Its uniquely awful among the Aounuma Zelda turds not only because of its atrocious motion based gameplay but because it is an experience that is largely on rails which is the complete antithesis to what the Zelda formula is supposed to be about.

Zelda is at its very best when it does its best to mimick the first game of the series on the NES.

What you get with that type of gameplay is a sandbox style world of go anywhere and do whatever you want kind of world and gaming experience and typically every gamer out there will have a different story to tell of how they played the game and approached one scenario or another.

BOTW is so good because it largely but unfortunately not completely returned to Zelda 1’s world and style of play. The only shitty elements in it are Aounuma isms like the horrid puzzle shrines and shitty cartoon graphics.

BOTW would’ve been largely more popular with traditional Zelda dungeons and realistic graphics, unbreakable weapons and a soaring epic soundtrack.

I detest the minimalism barely there soundtrack that BOTW does have which is another direct ripoff of Skyrim’s style.
Ya know, I actually hated the puzzle shrines in BotW, and wished for the old style dungeons that the game seemingly lacks. Getting a unique dungeon with a unique weapon to discover and learn is one of the best things about the Zelda series, in my opinion, and I was saddened with the direction BotW took. I agree that if they removed the stupid puzzle shrines nad put in more traditional dungeons, I, for one, would certainly have enjoyed it far more than I did.

While I don't mind linear games, and don't think that will ruin Skyward Sword for me, I do like wandering about in Hyrule. It was one of my favorite aspects of my favorite ZElda game, Link to the Past.

It is unfortunate that Bugthesda has deviated away from making the western RPGs of old like Daggerfall or Morrowind in favor of flooding an already flooded video game market with more action-adventure style games. And despite Skyrim being a rather mediocre entry into action-adventures, it has become the flagship of modern action-adventures, purely due to the recent obsession with "open world gaming." I also detest Nintendo's leaning on this new fad with their Zelda series, which long stood apart, I think, as a testament to how a true action-adventure game should look.