Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Cope being alone?

ReplaceMyJuice

ReplaceMyJuice

Commander
★★
I just learned turning on the radio is a good cope for being alone

I need sound, otherwise I go mental. TV is always on too

You guys have other options?

I listen music all day to not feel alone

enjoy the darkness as it starts to consume your very soul

i have the ventilator runnign for background noise and play with headphones

having no " own generated noise " ala noise that is generated by you , makes me feel weird

Music, white noise..

I can go without background noise I used to talk in my head

I want to be alone but live in a shared house.

Podcasts help if you got no one to talk to

listen to music pretty much the whole time I’m awake. Either on my computer, phone, or on my google home mini. It’s a necessity to not feel so alone, helps a bit

podcasts in the background, lectures, TV shows etc.
I always have some speech in the background or foreground

I've been getting into fixing stuff at home. I feel better thinking I've built a solution to an easy-to-fix problem. I also get into growing as much of my own food as possible. Maybe these things make me feel more in control of my life. And I listen to audiobooks when I'm not working (driving...) to help me forget my own life. I also second what others have said--I play white noise when I'm home CONSTANTLY, even while I sleep. This drowns out my obnoxiously loud neighbors. I'd prefer dead silence, but I'm not rich enough to afford "quiet enjoyment" of my home.

From time to time, I spend hours a day here reading... But nothing really puts enough of a lid on the boiling loneliness tbh. I hate saying this, but now I'm just hoping to die soon. I can't handle the thought of this continuing for decades. Worse, I feel no motivation to do anything because this just entails EFFORT for the best case scenario of worsening painful aloneness. So I fantasize a lot about dying.

One more thing--lately I've been reading about meditation. Not because I think it will solve my problems, but because I think this could be a decent way to detach from my own survival instinct. Always open to new ideas...

I study, listen music, gym, read books, videogames, go at the nature... u don't really need ppl near