Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Computer cels gtfih

Blackpillapologist

Blackpillapologist

The chad of unattractiveness
★★★★
What technique does reddit use to detect if a user banned from a specific sub creates an alt account?

Here are some observations from other banned users:
- changing router, IP address or email address doesn't work
- Changing phone was successful in bypassing the ban without being banned again.
- Making an alt after a loong time worked.

Some people on Quora suggested that because reddit stores IP for 90-100 days, and if you have been using that account for a long time many many IP addresses were listed as belonging to you, and that's why changing the connection for eg, gets you busted but making an account after 100 or so days won't get you banned.

Some users said that changing their phone worked for them, and maybe reddit uses some technique to fingerprint your phone.

What do you think? Do you think resetting my phone and making an account with a totally new connection will work?

I recommend just not using Reddit tbh :feelsmage:
some communities are ok, but fuck a website that promotes animal abuse and permabans me for talking about speciesism jfl :feelsUgh: FBI should get on their asses, along with YouTube/Google

I think you should not use reddit

I recommend just not using Reddit tbh :feelsmage:
some communities are ok, but fuck a website that promotes animal abuse and permabans me for talking about speciesism jfl :feelsUgh: FBI should get on their asses, along with YouTube/Google
I think you should not use reddit
I use that app for asking economics/computer/java related questions

just don't use that shit site

I don't use soyddit anymore. It's a shithole. Don't use it.

Spoof your user agent+clear cookies+new email+new ip? I don't see how this would not work.

What technique does reddit use to detect if a user banned from a specific sub creates an alt account?

Here are some observations from other banned users:
- changing router, IP address or email address doesn't work
- Changing phone was successful in bypassing the ban without being banned again.
- Making an alt after a loong time worked.

Some people on Quora suggested that because reddit stores IP for 90-100 days, and if you have been using that account for a long time many many IP addresses were listed as belonging to you, and that's why changing the connection for eg, gets you busted but making an account after 100 or so days won't get you banned.

Some users said that changing their phone worked for them, and maybe reddit uses some technique to fingerprint your phone.

What do you think? Do you think resetting my phone and making an account with a totally new connection will work?
I think if you actually change your IP address to one in another range, clear cookies and session data, and send a spoofed user-agent, reddit (Web version) should not be able to fingerprint you. Of course, use a different account with a different email address.

Spoof your user agent+clear cookies+new email+new ip? I don't see how this would not work.
Actually fuck that use another browser in case they are finger printing your browser. Have like 5 different browsers all different versions.

Reddit? No don't use it anymore, the censorship has gotten really bad over the years