Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Christmas is an adult is so different to when you're younger

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
This reminds me of back in 2017 when I realised that the reason I wasn't into gaming anymore was because the games themselves had changed, not because I'd changed!

I think it's the same with Christmas. When you're younger (a kid and also teen really)... everything is done for you. Maybe you get some little gifts but mostly it's all done for you, you get big gifts, very low expectations on you, you're helped with everything, etc.

As an adult wow. You're on your own!!

I think it's a bit easier on women - again - because often the guy can take over things if the woman doesn't feel up to it. Plus they're much more likely to have that partner in the first place.

I'm not sure I can be bothered with another year of shit

I never got anything for Christmas, even as a kid. For me Christmas was a time as any other only with more boring movies. I respect people who actually celebrate the birth of Jesus, otherwise i dont care for it.

As you get older I think Christmas becomes a couples activity such as inviting the in-laws over for Christmas dinner or something people do for their kids, for us we're trying to keep the same childhood magic going when it's not applicable to us anymore as we never got to experience it with a partner, family gatherings are a bit brutal now as all my relatives and cousins are in long term relationships.

I used to love Christmas as a kid. I'd look forward to presents and what not

it's still ok as an adult, but not really that much better than any other time

As you get older I think Christmas becomes a couples activity such as inviting the in-laws over for Christmas dinner or something people do for their kids, for us we're trying to keep the same childhood magic going when it's not applicable to us anymore as we never got to experience it with a partner, family gatherings are a bit brutal now as all my relatives and cousins are in long term relationships.
Im forced to goto chrismas party at my parents where i will meet my brother which hates me, Sister, Bluepilled parents.

And 2 more bluepilled members aswell as one more bluepilled member, My chronic pain is at its worst today.

we're trying to keep the same childhood magic going when it's not applicable to us anymore as we never got to experience it with a partner

That's interesting. Yeah I agree that it's like every year I remember the amazing Christmases from when I was younger and think "Wow, THIS time it will be like that again!!" but it never really is :)

Because... it's fundamentally not like that anymore. Possibly yeah you can create a different kind of great Christmas if you're a parent and you have young kids, but other than that... I don't really see how it can be as good as it was back then.

I did have one especially good Christmas though as an adult, which is when I got a Wii U. Along with Sonic Lost World, etc. And it was frickin' amazing but... of course then I also had this negative feeling like I was too old to still be getting things like that. It was a little bit too much joy. lol