Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Chainsaw Dad: Looking Back at Chapter 97 of Chainsaw Man

WØLF

WØLF

Still a comfy NEET
★★★★★

Creating a foster family with a reincarnated devil-child and a cannibal? That’s exactly what everyone expected to happen in the last chapter of Chainsaw Man.

We have come a long way since Makima made the promise with Denji of granting him a wish should he defeat the Gun Devil. Sadly, it’s time to bid adieu to another wonderful manga series.

Wait…

It’s not over? What the fuck happened then?

Questions were thrown since the release of Chapter 96 about how Denji outmaneuvered Makima to defeat her despite losing his heart.

But as much as readers were shocked by the subsequent meals Denji ate in his hotshot apartment, nothing was explained by the chapter’s end other than revealing Makima was preserved in various Tupperware containers. Fortunately, those questions were answered in full detail for Chapter 97.

Denji effectively took advantage of Makima’s keen smell and created a blood clone to deceive her. With the clone, it managed to diminish Makima’s strength to a feeble level, giving the real Denji an opening to deal the finishing blow of the fight.

In the beginning of the story, Makima was shown to have possessed the ability of accurately detecting people from her sense of smell. When she met Denji in the warehouse following his fight with the Zombie Devil, she didn’t greet him like a normal person would, asking for an afflicted person’s name and wondering if they’re okay. She sniffed him for close verification, classifying him as neither a human nor devil but a rare hybrid breed.

denji-figured-it-out-1-e1607923732418.jpeg

FROM PAGE 5 OF CHAPTER 97

denji-figured-it-out-2.jpeg

FROM PAGE 6 OF CHAPTER 97

makima-smells-chp.1.jpg

FROM PAGE 48 OF CHAPTER 1

Under that context, Denji’s final words of his plan becomes all the more plausible to consider. It was after Denji told Makima his name that she treated him as a human—or somewhat treated him, knowing what we know now about the former Public Safety Bureau boss.

In the meantime, as Denji informed Kishibe of his thought-process for his plan, children gathered around the pair to pet the protagonist’s seven dogs. Afterwards, when one child stayed behind to pet a husky, Denji tried shooing her away for privacy. But, well, that ended up poorly to the say the least.

girl-bites-denji.jpeg

[UWSL]From Page 7 of Chapter 97[/UWSL]

Don’t understand how Denji remembered the bite on his finger, reader? Let’s go back to Chapter 12 for reference.

makima-bites-denji.jpg

[UWSL]From Page 13 of Chapter 12[/UWSL]

Makima nearly bit him in the same way as the mysterious girl did, which means—no. It couldn’t be, right?

it-cant-be-her-right-e1607924071301.jpeg

[UWSL]From Page 8 of Chapter 97[/UWSL]

Rest assured, everyone. Kishibe informed Denji that due to his plan, the person formerly known as Makima has officially ceased to exist. The rules of Chainsaw Man and the prerequisites for a devil’s total deletion never lie.

However, the Control Devil has reincarnated under a new human guise. Furthermore and most critically, it holds the potential of wreaking similar devastation in relation to Makima. Kishibe understands the worrying significance of the Control Devil’s disastrous return very well, which is why he entrusted the care of the enigmatic child to Denji to stave off said danger. But what makes Denji to be so sure that the child isn’t Makima version numero dos? There’s only one way to figure out: to query for her name.

her-names-nayuta-e1607924171416.jpeg

[UWSL]FROM PAGE 11 OF CHAPTER 97[/UWSL]

p001-e1594862178447.jpg

[UWSL]NAYUTA (FROM PAGE 1 OF YOGEN NO NAYUTA)[/UWSL]

NAYUTA.

I swear I heard that name somewhere before. Perchance it came from Tatsuki Fujimoto’s past work? That must be it. The girl has the same mole beneath her left eye and hairstyle as one of the titular characters from Fujimoto’s one-shots. Indeed it is, reader.

The name “Nayuta” comes from Fujimoto’s 2015 one-shot titled “Yogen no Nayuta”. It tells the story of two siblings, Kenji and Nayuta. Whereas Kenji is an older brother that looks after his younger sibling, Nayuta is an enigmatic magic user who was prophesized to destroy the world. For shouldering all the harm inflicted onto his sister for inexplicably killing animals throughout the neighborhood, Kenji suffered insurmountable discrimination by people that adamantly believed in the prophecy.

da-prophecy-of-nayuta.png

[UWSL]From Page 4 of Yogen no Nayuta[/UWSL]

Despite withstanding the abuse, Kenji ignored them to continue protecting his sister although she spoke a different language and continued slaying animals without concern. Hampered by the fear of letting his sister loose and causing destruction should he push her the wrong way, Kenji distanced himself from his sister. Eventually, Kenji realized that his sister flung animal carcasses at him everyday because she wanted him to eat since he sacrificed his own meals for her.

The genesis of Nayuta’s character go hand-in-hand in the one-shot and this series. Both are feared deviants that hold the potential of wielding destruction and both live with an older guardian that works to deter hostility from taking hold of their souls.

In Denji’s dream, he was infromed by Pochita as to why Makima/Control Devil nearly wrecked society for her benefit.

control-devil-wish-1-e1607924579721.jpeg

[UWSL]FROM PAGE 16 OF CHAPTER 97[/UWSL]

control-devil-wish-2.jpeg

[UWSL]FROM PAGE 17 OF CHAPTER 97[/UWSL]

control-devil-wish-3-e1607924610340.jpeg

[UWSL]FROM PAGE 17 OF CHAPTER 97[/UWSL]

The Control Devil is no different to Pochita and Nayuta of the one-shot when it comes searching for a familial-like bond with people. She longed for a wholesome relationship, which explained why she looked to Chainsaw Man as her prospective companion/docile pet.

Since Makima was restricted by her capacity of using fear as a means to gaining what she desired, she created a vacuum of death via the Bureau that killed hundreds of thousands of people. Though Pochita didn’t agree with Makima’s methods, he sympathized with her search for affection. That can explain why he didn’t consume her outright in the past. By not finishing her off, Pochita also wanted to see her engage with the same type of happiness he was experiencing.

In that regard, Pochita was understanding for his counterpart for love as he himself searched for the same thing: a hug. The warm sensation one feels when they are embraced by a loved one, as if all is right in the world and they’re the last remnants of life. Nothing mattered as long as Pochita was loved by his friend. Makima sought for the same. Even if it hurt her in seeing someone else experience an embrace, she stopped at nothing to ensure her own relationship. In Chapter 39, during her date with Denji in the movie theater, she cried at the sight of two men hugging each other in an emotionally moving scene.

crying-at-the-theater-1.jpg

[UWSL]FROM PAGE 14 OF CHAPTER 39[/UWSL]

crying-at-the-theater-2.jpg

[UWSL]FROM PAGE 15 OF CHAPTER 39[/UWSL]

[UWSL]FROM PAGE 16 OF CHAPTER 39[/UWSL]

By avoiding the doomsday scenario of letting the Control Devil loose, Pochita delegated to Denji the responsibility of looking after young Nayuta.

Initially burdened by Makima straddling him with guilt about his difficult past, Denji eventually managed to overcome those troubles with clever deduction, planning, and execution, preparatory facets that was impossible for him to muster. Denji finally ceased to exist as a pet to someone else. Rather, he’s the one holding the leash instead of wearing it. He is now the one who’s firmly in charge of his own destiny.

high-school-denjoo-e1607925098598.jpeg

[UWSL]From Page 20 of Chapter 97 (FIN…for now)[/UWSL]

Ignorance is no longer the vital factor that is used to describe the protagonist. Denji has learned through enough experience that the role he was inserted to is one that he himself can fulfill. His fans adore him and he loves them right back. But even so, heroic actions alone isn’t going to be enough for Denji to ensure his survival for the future. Additional education is in order to get Denji back up to speed with society, thus his entrance to high school.

In addition with the emergence of Nayuta to his life, Denji becomes a mature young man who holds the responsibility of caring for his foster daughter to avoid a whirlwind of chaos.

Goodbye anguish, ignorance, and frugality. Hello maturity, parenthood, and prosperity.

Well, that wraps up everything for the Chainsaw Man manga thus far. I had a pleasant time writing about the series for the last 17 weeks. I’m not sure when the second part of the series will commence in Jump+ as nothing was announced from the series’ Twitter account, but I can expect the endless stream of gore, carnage, and heavy content to continue in due time. Besides, it’s because of such content that CSM garnered immense popularity in the first place. Why would they shy away from its bread and butter?

With that said, I’ll see everyone in the second part of the manga. I hope you all stay safe in the meantime while waiting for the series’ restart. Who knows what will happen from now until then—well, save for the Future Devil. That fucker would probably rescind from telling readers about the series’ release since he likes to joke around.

Until then though, happy holidays! Wait, oh yeah! I almost forgot! I’ll also see you in the… (Watch all the way to the end.)

View: https://youtu.be/zZniAuAzeG8

…anime premiere!

chapter-96-feature-image.jpg

Last edited:
I’m waiting for the anime, when is that coming out?

Based af. You've read the manga right? Thoughts on it tbh?

Chainsaw Man is an upcoming supernatural action horror TV anime, which is likely to come out in the fall of 2021 and netizens can't contain their excitement
I haven’t read the manga yet, but I heard it is awesome. Just recently came to my attention.

cant wait for all the normies to become obsessed with dom-women .
this is makimas plan isnt it?

I was thinking of reading CSM. Heard good things about Firepunch too

when will chainsaw man anime come out?

I wish I liked Chainsaw Man. Did not impress me in the slightest. But the waifus are top tier ngl, especially Reze :ahegao:

Fuck chainsaw tard. The story is literally about some normie teenager getting bitches. Makima based AF for killing them all and I’m not even attracted to her in the slightest cause the art is ugly as shit

those seem like fighting words based on how berserk the Berserk fandom can get
I love both tbh it's just a meme
Fuck chainsaw tard. The story is literally about some normie teenager getting bitches. Makima based AF for killing them all and I’m not even attracted to her in the slightest cause the art is ugly as shit
>The story is literally about some normie teenager getting bitches.
>I’m not even attracted to her in the slightest cause the art is ugly as shit

You obviously don't get it. Thank God it filters out midtwits like you

Last edited:

Jfl at that copium. I sort of lost faith in the anime adaptation tbh. I genuinely think it may end up being a disappointment. It doesn't really look like the manga at all and mappa didn't even try to replicate Fujimoto's distinctive art style. The colors look flat and lifeless whereas the manga cover art is the exact opposite, vibrant and full of SOUL. It's going to have more CGI than AoT s4 p2 and the whiplash pacing of the manga will make it feel really rushed and will not translate well into anime, especially for those who haven't read the manga. The soundtrack will be kino and it will have more than enough sakuga throughout but anime onlies will cry and seethe when everyone just dies halfway into the season

Last edited:
I heard the anime is coming out in October. Isn't the manga supposed to be continuing soon or something?

Fr like how much of a lame do you have to be to NOT fw Chainsaw Man
i've never even read it but my friend said it was cold. gory shit really isn't 4 me, but if its fire then its fire.

I heard the anime is coming out in October. Isn't the manga supposed to be continuing soon or something?
Part 2 is set to release in summer, as confirmed at the Jump Festa 22′ event, but a specific launch window has not yet been shared. On December 3rd, 2021, the Unofficial Weekly Shonen Jump Twitter page revealed that both part 2 of the manga and the anime adaptation would release in fall 2022

For now, Chainsaw Man has not yet been given an official release date. However, the anime is already rumored to premiere in October 2022 and will consist of about 24 episodes which will be split over two cours
i've never even read it but my friend said it was cold.
Why haven't you read it yet smh. Now you have no excuse not to
gory shit really isn't 4 me, but if its fire then its fire.
You would absolutely hate Berserk then :feelsdevil:
Tbh Chainsaw man isn't even that bad in terms of violence, it's still shonen jump mind you

I love both tbh it's just a meme

>The story is literally about some normie teenager getting bitches.
>I’m not even attracted to her in the slightest cause the art is ugly as shit

You obviously don't get it. Thank God it filters out midtwits like you

View attachment 601033
stop mentioning me and then deleting the mention you retar :feelsUgh:

NORMIE TEEN GETS BITCHES, ALERT NORMIE TEEN GETS BITCHES, THIS IS NOT A DRILL

fR how do u not fw Chainsaw man and simp for at least one of the bitches cmon