Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Can't stop playing shooter games

H

HateCurry

Banned
-
I've recently been horribly depressed and addicted to a few shooter games and the thing with them they have environments I only have good memories of, way better than real world, obviously.

Please stop me. I- I'm just this way, I'm addicted.

So, please try and stop me because I have lost all motivation to do anything else, nothing interests me and even if they do my life has gone downhill and there's nothing I can do now.

Tell me some good copes if you can.

Also, this will be an open thread for others addicted too, they can come in the future.

CS:GO is pretty fun.

Meditation is the best tool to become free from addiction, it strengthens the prefrontal cortex

If you wanna feel a little less pathetic about yourself, just know that whenever I got pissed sometimes a while back I would vent my frustrations by playing a Doom map of Columbine High School, complete with screams, blood, and jocks with white hats :feelsdevil:

I've recently been horribly depressed and addicted to a few shooter games and the thing with them they have environments I only have good memories of, way better than real world, obviously.

So, please try and stop me because I have lost all motivation to do anything else, nothing interests me and even if they do my life has gone downhill and there's nothing I can do now.

Also, this will be an open thread for others addicted too, they can come in the future.
I can't stand shooters, they are so boring. Point, click, shoot, strafe, jump, shoot some more, throw a grenade. There's no strategy, there's no world building, there's no true immersion into the game. To me a game is only enjoyable if I can get "lost in the world of that game", that's when it functions as true escapism where you get those few hours of bliss where nothing else exists but you and that world.

I only get that experience from action rpg games. Never got it from anything else.

Shooters are only really fun if you are playing with other people tbh, but that breaks immersion and again there's no world building. Might as well play a physical and truly competative sport with other people so you can get some social status or something lol.

I can’t wait for stalker 2

Play hatred, it's very cheap on steam

You should play shooter in real life (in minecraft)

I can't stand shooters, they are so boring. Point, click, shoot, strafe, jump, shoot some more, throw a grenade. There's no strategy, there's no world building, there's no true immersion into the game. To me a game is only enjoyable if I can get "lost in the world of that game", that's when it functions as true escapism where you get those few hours of bliss where nothing else exists but you and that world.

I only get that experience from action rpg games. Never got it from anything else.

Shooters are only really fun if you are playing with other people tbh, but that breaks immersion and again there's no world building. Might as well play a physical and truly competative sport with other people so you can get some social status or something lol.
I agree but, like I said, some of these games the world is so much better than the real world and it's superb.

For example I loved playing sims, like 3 months ago, I kissed and hugged people randomly ;)

One of the great things I've learned playing those is you'll never be satisfied.

Do you have any suggestions? My father is admin but any other pc apps..

Hatred is very fun. You need no other shooter in your life after hatred.

One of the great things I've learned playing those is you'll never be satisfied.

Do you have any suggestions? My father is admin but any other pc apps..
Yeah, that's the danger, those good games leave you fucked up afterwards because real life can't compare.

Some regular snes and gameboy games even did that for me, even though some of them were turn based rpgs. Especially if the story is good.

I literally felt depressed when I finished some of these games.

I'd say download a snes emulator like zsnes:

Then find a website to download snes games in bulk (the website above might actually have that).

You'll have a lot of free good games that will take years to complete if you don't over do it.

As for action rpg's (PC games) I'd recommend.

Torchlight, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn.

There are also a lot of good emulators for old school games that are really good:
Like the Visual Boy Advance emulator for gameboy advance games

Or the No$GBA emulator for nintendo DS games (Castlevania Aria of Sorrow is a must play).

However, if you are in your 20's and it feels like your life is going nowhere, I'd recommend that you stick to tv shows, anime, movies, etc and don't play any games at all.

I really haven't played any games in years. I can no longer enjoy them because I realized I was just coping and wasting time by immersing myself in games. I wasted many years that had I put into doing what I'm doing now, I'd probably be well off.

When I'm finished wealthmaxxing I'll go back to gaming, as I'll have the free time to enjoy doing it and no stress of worrying about paying bills.

You should really avoid games right now until you get your finances in order, it will steal away a lot of your life.

At the same time though, I would not be the person that I am now had I not had those experiences. The reason why I feel so disconnected from this reality (real life) is because of anime and gaming. Those realities are just so much better in comparison that real life doesn't even feel like something worth "fretting over" to me.

I want to create an enjoyable life for myself, but at the same time, I've been stripped of any sense of "valuing life" (as in "human life") or even my fear of death. I'm numb really, to me this world doesn't even matter because in comparison to what I've experienced by immersing myself in media, real life just pales in comparison, real like just can't compare to it.

On that same note I find Isekai anime kind of sadistic lol, because it is really tugging on the psyche of people like myself that the genre is geared towards. I would leave my current life on the spot if I saw some portal open up in front of me (maybe I'd write quick note for my parents lol).

The way I look at the world, how "cold" I am, is all rooted in the outlook I have in life, that was shaped by my experiences from gaming and anime. So I don't regret doing those things, because had I not done them, I probably wouldn't have ended up being me, and I probably would have ended up being blue pilled.

Maybe the reason I can disassociate from humans so well is because I never really socialized with people much, so I don't feel an "attachment" to "people"?

Maybe my psyche has categorized "people" as "characters" and in that sense I think of people as something "in a game" because I've mostly only interacted with "characters" through media, so their deaths and lives hold less weight to me?

By the time I started truly interacting with people at work and trying to be outgoing, my core personality traits and mindset was already cemented. In my childhood I would go to school and "play a role", and then come home and go back to being myself.

I've spent a lot of time becoming who I am, thinking about why I am this way, what may have caused it, etc.

The thing about being a loner is that introspective thought comes easily, because in the silence of seclusion there is only your mind to converse with.

Last edited:
[UWSL]Maybe your destiny is to be a great mass shooter[/UWSL]. Go to a shooting range and practice with real weapons.
[UWSL]Retribution and subsequent suicide is the only option that exists if you no longer want to live coping.[/UWSL]

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the danger, those good games leave you fucked up afterwards because real life can't compare.

Some regular snes and gameboy games even did that for me, even though some of them were turn based rpgs. Especially if the story is good.

I literally felt depressed when I finished some of these games.

I'd say download a snes emulator like zsnes:

Then find a website to download snes games in bulk (the website above might actually have that).

You'll have a lot of free good games that will take years to complete if you don't over do it.

As for action rpg's (PC games) I'd recommend.

Torchlight, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn.

There are also a lot of good emulators for old school games that are really good:
Like the Visual Boy Advance emulator for gameboy advance games

Or the No$GBA emulator for nintendo DS games (Castlevania Aria of Sorrow is a must play).

However, if you are in your 20's and it feels like your life is going nowhere, I'd recommend that you stick to tv shows, anime, movies, etc and don't play any games at all.

I really haven't played any games in years. I can no longer enjoy them because I realized I was just coping and wasting time by immersing myself in games. I wasted many years that had I put into doing what I'm doing now, I'd probably be well off.

When I'm finished wealthmaxxing I'll go back to gaming, as I'll have the free time to enjoy doing it and no stress of worrying about paying bills.

You should really avoid games right now until you get your finances in order, it will steal away a lot of your life.

At the same time though, I would not be the person that I am now had I not had those experiences. The reason why I feel so disconnected from this reality (real life) is because of anime and gaming. Those realities are just so much better in comparison that real life doesn't even feel like something worth "fretting over" to me.

I want to create an enjoyable life for myself, but at the same time, I've been stripped of any sense of "valuing life" (as in "human life") or even my fear of death. I'm numb really, to me this world doesn't even matter because in comparison to what I've experienced by immersing myself in media, real life just pales in comparison, real like just can't compare to it.

On that same note I find Isekai anime kind of sadistic lol, because it is really tugging on the psyche of people like myself that the genre is geared towards. I would leave my current life on the spot if I saw some portal open up in front of me (maybe I'd write quick note for my parents lol).

The way I look at the world, how "cold" I am, is all rooted in the outlook I have in life, that was shaped by my experiences from gaming and anime. So I don't regret doing those things, because had I not done them, I probably wouldn't have ended up being me, and I probably would have ended up being blue pilled.

Maybe the reason I can disassociate from humans so well is because I never really socialized with people much, so I don't feel an "attachment" to "people"?

Maybe my psyche has categorized "people" as "characters" and in that sense I think of people as something "in a game" because I've mostly only interacted with "characters" through media, so their deaths and lives hold less weight to me?

By the time I started truly interacting with people at work and trying to be outgoing, my core personality traits and mindset was already cemented. In my childhood I would go to school and "play a role", and then come home and go back to being myself.

I've spent a lot of time becoming who I am, thinking about why I am this way, what may have caused it, etc.

The thing about being a loner is that introspective thought comes easily, because in the silence of seclusion there is only your mind to converse with.
man tbh no one really made a game for me even satisfying, I don't remember one game that had a good plot, it was always unrealistic in some way like tigers were eating apples in roblox, it's actually dangerous for kids, especially now that social media exists they can do debates about how tigers can eat apples and this goes like, oh yeah allergies are just fear, if you try it the fear goes away, roblox is world class game and so many subgames no one really monitors what goes on, they don't even fact check.

give me titles so I can try them too

I thought about reinstalling L4D2 this weekend because you get an achievement for helping the people who are playing for free

download trepang2 demo epic af

:dab::feelsgah::incel::incel::incel::incel::incel::incel:

im addicted to postal 2 and 4

If you have a backyard buy an airgun and do plinking and Target practice.

Can't stop playing shootER games​

Used to like them when i was in high school,as i grew older they no longer excited me that much and i stopped playing them for the most part.
I focus on rpgs now 99% of the time I'm gaming.

Used to like them when i was in high school,as i grew older they no longer excited me that much and i stopped playing them for the most part.
I focus on rpgs now 99% of the time I'm gaming.
That was an attempt to laugh at me I'm sure of it. RPG is every bit as worthless as a shooter. I'm opening it.

It's ovER for me, because I don't get any pleasure from playing video games since beginning of June. I used to play shooter games, but last time I played any shooter game was probably at beginning of this year.

Im getting too damn old and its too mindless for me. Then again I'm different and understand that fps entertains a lot of older guys.

If I'm gonna entertain myself with some FPS, it would have to be cs_iceworld deathmatch. Shits fun ass hell. Idk if they still have it in CS:GO but that shit was super fun back in the CS 1.5 to 1.6 days.

I'm playing valorant all the time and wasting my life