Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Can't even study

slashER

slashER

Soul of Cinder
studycels got any advice?

I'm really dumb and i can't learn for shit. Since topics of study are completely uninteresting to me, i forget everything because my brain has selective memory...

And i also have an attention span equivalent to that of an old fish with dementia.

I lost my atention span too

Do you use tiktok/youtube shorts?
If you do, cut them out.
Also try pacing around the room while you’re studying, it helps if you have fucked attention span like me.

I can barely study either, it weighs on me everyday that I need to complete my course but I never do it and it feels like shit and I am basically stuck in a rut, its honestly all above my head and I feel like I cant complete it.

I struggle also, it's hard.

Best advice I can give is the following:
-Use caffeine, but moderate it ofc.
-Stay hydrated
-Listen to some binaural beats for concentration and/or some music without lyrics to help.
-Be in a colder, isolated environment, since this will help keep you focused & awake.

Say you have 30 chapters to learn. Start with Chapter 1 and try to find the core idea behind it. Practice any examples. Once you know the Chapter inside out then start on Chapter 2 but before doing so revise what you learnt in Chapter 1 and so on until you go through Chapters 1-29 everyday before you start that last Chapter.

Also, try to fit a chaper or chapters into a framework. They are usually just a half a dozen core ideas that everythng else hangs off, try to find these core ideas and build the rest around them - that's what I mean by framework.

It's no good depending on luck or hope.

And study is not easy, it's like a full time job but can be rewarding and is a good cope.