Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Can you metal scream?

A

AutisticBeast

31yo KHV
-
Can you scream and growl like the singers in some metal music? I can't because my vocal cords are inferior, I actually think I have a vocal disorder because my voice is quiet and weak.

I have tried. Unsuccesfully.

I can actually do extremely low throat gurgles/growls, something like Mark Rawls, that did vocals in several brutal death/slam bands. The thing is that they are made using the throat, which is wrong, can be painful and cause damage. Nonetheless, the vocals are extremely good and very demonic, if I had a band, I would do something with these vocals, I even recorded some covers and they turned out to be pretty good. I can also do some range of strange inhaled vocals and even some weird noise like that vocal on Awaiting the Autopsy.

No, I've never tried that and wouldn't like to.

fuck what coincidence i was researching about it recently, i trained for about 2 weeks but i can't sing anything yet, as much as i can and do low fry screams something like corey taylor, i'm having a hard time with high fry screams like oliver Skyes, it's very disappointing at first but now at least I don't feel any more pains, if any brocel has tips it will help me

no way i would get a sore throat instantly

no, but I can @IncelCream

I really wish I could

It takes years of vocal practice.

Not one bit. I can only metal riff.