Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Can you improve your conversation skills after going through puberty as an outcast?

UnwantedVirgin

UnwantedVirgin

Autism is a death sentence for ugly men
★★★★★
I feel like I'm always in a state of retardation and can't converse like normal people can IRL and on the fly, like a state of perpetual brainfart and not being able to come up with anything but autopilot responses or none-answers that people don't find engaging. Even this fucking post took 5 minutes to come up with. I think going through puberty with such negative experiences and reactions from my peers has permanently stunted me and left me in a state of underdevelopment and social retardation.

Last edited:
you must have a normie life to have something to talk too

I feel like I'm always in a state of retardation and can't converse like normal people can IRL and on the fly, like a state of perpetual brainfart and not being able to come up with anything but autopilot responses or none-answers that people don't find engaging. Even this fucking post took 5 minutes to come up with.
yes, I always get to a point where I don't know what to say anymore, so I just keep quiet, too many years of introversion have screwed up my mind

If people think you're attractive, conversation skills are easy to obtain. If you're seen as a massive loser retard, no matter how much you improve your conversation skills nobody will wanna be around you.

I feel like I'm always in a state of retardation and can't converse like normal people can IRL and on the fly, like a state of perpetual brainfart and not being able to come up with anything but autopilot responses or none-answers that people don't find engaging. Even this fucking post took 5 minutes to come up with. I think going through puberty with such negative experiences and reactions from my peers has permanently stunted me and left me in a state of underdevelopment and social retardation.
I don't think so :ping:

Its all tied to looks.

ovER

that's right, what the fuck are you going to talk to normal people about? blackpill? about a fucking book or an anime? they are interested in social life and social experiences

I can relate. I can never come up with genuine responses on the fly, my brain just freezes, I'll be silent for a few seconds and then I'll give a boilerplate response or a "filler" response. I'm around two decades out from puberty and I'm losing hope that it can get better, especially after covid lockdowns, I like to think those set me back but realistically I never socialized much anyway so who knows.

You're already scarred for the rest of your life, no turning back now.

i used to have this kind of problem when i was in HS. i was shy and couldn't talk and come up with something interesting.
when i went to college i started interacting more with other fellow students and i think i can say interesting things when talking with others and try to keep the convo going.
the hardest part isn't overcoming your shyness but finding a way to say something interesting. you will need a social cercle for that

I doubt it. You could improve if you suddenly got into a social group of like coworkers or something and hang out daily.

Gym.
yes, I always get to a point where I don't know what to say anymore, so I just keep quiet, too many years of introversion have screwed up my mind
Same. Then people get bored and stop interacting with you.
If people think you're attractive, conversation skills are easy to obtain. If you're seen as a massive loser retard, no matter how much you improve your conversation skills nobody will wanna be around you.
But even online where people can't see my face get bored of me and slip away.
I can relate. I can never come up with genuine responses on the fly, my brain just freezes, I'll be silent for a few seconds and then I'll give a boilerplate response or a "filler" response. I'm around two decades out from puberty and I'm losing hope that it can get better, especially after covid lockdowns, I like to think those set me back but realistically I never socialized much anyway so who knows.
Same thing with boilerplate responses and freezing, I think people are so used to instant communication from people who have developed social skills that any kid of hold up whilst you think of things to say is seen as a weakness or sign that you're not worth talking to.
You're already scarred for the rest of your life, no turning back now.
ovER
i used to have this kind of problem when i was in HS. i was shy and couldn't talk and come up with something interesting.
when i went to college i started interacting more with other fellow students and i think i can say interesting things when talking with others and try to keep the convo going.
the hardest part isn't overcoming your shyness but finding a way to say something interesting. you will need a social cercle for that
What if you have opportunities but all you can think of are basic boilerplate answers? I can go on and on about boring technical sperg shit that nobody gives a fuck about but can't have those great fluid conversations that you see people at bars and other places having. This leads to a feedback loop of rejection and retreating back to the comfort zone to rot.
I doubt it. You could improve if you suddenly got into a social group of like coworkers or something and hang out daily.
This is what I'm thinking, the brain needs good interactions during puberty to form those connection when the brain is more elastic but once you're almost 30 the mould set years ago and if you didn't get that positive social interaction you'll end up with a protective mode brain for the rest of your life.

Yes for sure.

You need access to friends, in groups