Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Can someone explain to me the problem with cope

KV-

KV-

OfficER
★★★★
I came from r9k, where cope and escapism is generally accepted. Can someone explain to me why you guys choose to suffer and hate cope so much? Is it some masochism, does it get in the way of being blackpilled, or is it something I'm missing altogether.

It clouds your realization of the black pill and the reality of looks mattering.

KV- said:
I came from r9k, where cope and escapism is generally accepted. Can someone explain to me why you guys choose to suffer and hate cope so much? Is it some masochism, does it get in the way of being blackpilled, or is it something I'm missing altogether.

From personal experience, it's not that we are against cope, but rather that it is impossible. I am actually in my late 20s and I was always rather liberal and despite some of the poor choices I have made in my life I always had a strong sense of right and wrong. The reason I think people here (and at least it for sure applies to me) often scoff at coping is that it's not really possible when you become aware of your situation. Take it from me. I always believed all the popular myths. All the shit about personality mattering, the nice guys gets the girl, just be yourself, whatever. I believed it all. I believed I wasn't good enough because I didn't try. Then I realized that I looked different from other men. I delved deeper and I learned more. Fast forward, and here I am. I would be coping now if I could, but I can't. The illusion has been shattered. I try different things to forget about it to no success. I am hyper aware of my looks and of how others perceive me.

You're new af, blue-pilled and still hoping, i remember when I was you lol.

It's all a cope except the rope.

IMO it's not really a problem unless you become a delusional cuck. When people shout out "COPE" it's just a reminder that you're lying to yourself and life still sucks.

Crustaciouse said:
It clouds your realization of the black pill and the reality of looks mattering.

theres a difference between good cope and bad cope.