Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Can anybody else feel their IQ dropping?

armis

armis

Captain
★★★★
I remember I was pretty smart before I became a NEET ~5 years ago. Being a NEET is cancer for your brain and IQ tbh, unless you read and study 24/7.

same. im becoming more socially retarded as well.

I feel opposite, my IQ skyrocketed since I stopped trying to fit in with normies and became NEET

Yeah, that's why I started studying again and playing chess.

Yes, can relate 100%

I feel quantifiably dumber today than I was about 5 years ago
Difficulty concentrating, low ambition for anything, hardcore nihilism

I feel opposite, my IQ skyrocketed since I stopped trying to fit in with normies and became NEET
NEET masterrace

@ the other guys: you are not getting dumber. schools to humans equals trainers to animals. your iq doesn't drop, you simply unlearn your routines.
unless you heavily abuse drugs there is no way for your iq to drop significantly.

Last edited:
That's what you get for doubting Kurzweil, @armis

Doubting Kurzweil = loss of a sense of progress around you = loss of a desire for your own progress = intellectual laziness and despair = brain shrinkage.

Back when I was an extreme Luddite wishing for a return to the stone age, my IQ suffered a horrible drop.

Use it or lose it, your brain is like a muscle if you dont exercise it then it will atrophy. I feel my mind deteriorate more and more as I languish LDAR mode.

Yes.

I find it really hard to focus and concentrate.

Nah. "IQ" itself by definition is 90-95% inherited. 5-10% is environmental factors, and most of that takes place early in life during brain development. You can definitely get out of practice and could see your scores on tests drop if you aren't actively using your brain, but your maximum potential is fixed.

Use it or lose it, your brain is like a muscle if you dont exercise it then it will atrophy. I feel my mind deteriorate more and more as I languish LDAR mode.

This. Im starting to study everyday to get the job i "want", and now that i have to do some cognition work everyday i litteraly feel too smart for stuff like memes and reddit. And reddit memes. I mean, they only make sense and are funny if youve been smoking weed and are sleep depraved and the most smart thing youve done lately is playing some retarded videogame. Then, some of them might seem ingenious.
I think most of the population in this western world is getting used to being a zombie most of the time tbh. Its way easier to live like that nowadays.