Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Buddhism is the perfect religion for us

Deadend

Deadend

Recruit
★★★
Since the beginning of time there have been winners and losers, the winners got everything they wanted: money, love, status, power, health, etc.

Then Buddhism appears, instead of accomplishing goals and getting things, it focuses on STOP desiring, since it is impossible for us to get what the winners get 24/7 we should simply train our mind and spirit to stop needing things, it is our destiny as losers, and Buddhism is a religion invented by losers for losers.

I sometimes wonder how the celibate monks cope. There's now way in hell they don't feel desire.
Also, I went to a Buddhist place to meditate with them, part of the rituals were wishing well for all your abusers and bullies. Very cucked.

If the whole point of Buddhism is to suppress desire, then I don't need it. I'd rather follow Epictetus :

"Remember that following desire promises the attainment of that of which you are desirous; and aversion promises the avoiding that to which you are averse. However, he who fails to obtain the object of his desire is disappointed, and he who incurs the object of his aversion wretched. If, then, you confine your aversion to those objects only which are contrary to the natural use of your faculties, which you have in your own control, you will never incur anything to which you are averse. But if you are averse to sickness, or death, or poverty, you will be wretched. Remove aversion, then, from all things that are not in our control, and transfer it to things contrary to the nature of what is in our control. But, for the present, totally suppress desire: for, if you desire any of the things which are not in your own control, you must necessarily be disappointed; and of those which are, and which it would be laudable to desire, nothing is yet in your possession. Use only the appropriate actions of pursuit and avoidance; and even these lightly, and with gentleness and reservation."

I'm not (yet) fully on board with stoicism, but it does help.

Last edited:
Doesn't buddhism say that if we were kind we might get good karma in our next life or some shit ?

I sometimes wonder how the celibate monks cope. There's now way in hell they don't feel desire.
Also, I went to a Buddhist place to meditate with them, part of the rituals were wishing well for all your abusers and bullies. Very cucked.
They cope by not being around foids nearly their whole lives

Copers gonna cope

While winners keep winning.

Buddhism seems based and logical.

Doesn't buddhism say that if we were kind we might get good karma in our next life or some shit ?
Thats Hinduism and shit, Which is has been influenced by Buddhism and other Religions. Some Buddhists do not believe in incarnation.
They cope by not being around foids nearly their whole lives
Imagin how happy and peaceful it is for them to just be Meditating by themselves in the Woods, or in the Desert. No trash normies, No society to fuck with you, that is truly is peaceful. It is a far better Cope than others I have seen.

Last edited:
sounds like a very good idea to keep your mental health sane tbh
Except that to do that you have to withdraw from society. You can't really work either so you have to rely on charity for your subsistence.

Imagin how happy and peaceful it is for them to just be Meditating by themselves in the Woods, or in the Desert. No trash normies, No society to fuck with you, that is truly is peaceful. It is a far better Cope than others I have seen.

How long until you would get bored AF?

Don't get me wrong, I get the idea, but it also seems me that this amounts to surrender. I'm not willing to leave the battlefield just yet.

Last edited:
Suspending all desires look unnatural. Sex is a basic human need. Thales of Miletus ( regarded as a first philosopher ) said:

E8114be5bd61c1592d56c941afed71ee

Except that to do that you have to withdraw from society. You can't really work either so you have to rely on charity for your subsistence.

How long until you would get bored AF?

Don't get me wrong, I get the idea, but it also seems me that this amounts to surrender. I'm not willing to leave the battlefield just yet.
I do not understand how Retreating society could be seen as "Surrender", Surrendering to me is being one of those Bluepilled Cuck Soyboy Simpcels that Bend over Backwards and Forwards at the sight of a woman. Who gets fucked over by a Society that despises their existence, and Copes even harder with Bluepills given to him by Foids and Society.

Why are you willing to combat a Society like this knowing that all odds are against you.

I do not understand how Retreating society could be seen as "Surrender",

Imagine a burglar entering your house and you say : "oh well, I guess I'll leave you this place and go live in a forest from now on."

That's what monkmaxxing sounds like to me.

I actually like the comfort of the modern world, I will not abandon it on my own volition.

PS.
A greycel posted this on this thread but he removed his post.

I thought it was a fun meme so I saved it.

Last edited:
becoming enlightened is harder than achieving worldly success

I hate narcissistic roasties who identify as buddhist to be hip and unique for social media points.

God dame . That's really cuts deep in my soul . It's like God wants us to be just losers always .

I do not understand how Retreating society could be seen as "Surrender", Surrendering to me is being one of those Bluepilled Cuck Soyboy Simpcels that Bend over Backwards and Forwards at the sight of a woman. Who gets fucked over by a Society that despises their existence, and Copes even harder with Bluepills given to him by Foids and Society.

Why are you willing to combat a Society like this knowing that all odds are against you.
I don't see it as a form of giving up either, Buddhists understand suffering, they understand that others get things that they can't and they prefer to stop thinking about it to get rid of suffering, because that's what they believe, but I see it as something better than being the average bluepilled simp

Since the beginning of time there have been winners and losers, the winners got everything they wanted: money, love, status, power, health, etc.

Then Buddhism appears, instead of accomplishing goals and getting things, it focuses on STOP desiring, since it is impossible for us to get what the winners get 24/7 we should simply train our mind and spirit to stop needing things, it is our destiny as losers, and Buddhism is a religion invented by losers for losers.
Buddhism has some very interesting insight (especially about desire, yes)

But Buddhism is 2500 years old and it needs a fresh coat of paint. Also there are tons and tons of superstitious add-ons that have crept in over the years.

I think you should be interested in this:
This book is primarily focused on Christianity (from a non-believer's perspective) but it shows how the Apostle Paul might have been influenced by Buddhism and how, therefore, early Christinity can be understood as something quite close to the Indic ascetic religious currents of the time.

It also has a lot to say about desire.

Last edited:
Bronze aged Curry coping mechanism ftw

I sometimes wonder how the celibate monks cope.
They jerk off. There are pretty strict rules against actually having intercourse but jerking off is tolerated. At least it is like that in Japan.

In Thailand, I have heard stories about monks who fuck housewives in the villages while their husbands are out in the fields ...
I'm not (yet) fully on board with stoicism, but it does help.
Stoicism, like the cynics from whom they borrowed a lot, were almost certainly influenced by Buddhism. Buddhist influence in Greece traveled through many Channels: Buddhist traders from Afghanistan when this province was part of the Acheaemenid Empire, the campaigns of Alexander, Maritime Trade between Alexandria and Gujarat, the Seleucid Empire, which had Buddhist subjects in the East and whose capital was Antioch in Syria, Indo-Greek traders who traveled between Punjab and the Hellenistic kingdoms, etc.

In the book we discussed in this thread,
it is even claimed that even Chirsitianity was influenced by the Indian Sramana ascetic movements and that Paul was taught by a Greek master from Punjab before he founded Christianity (the book subscribes to the "mythicist" idea that JC was a fictitious character)
Imagine a burglar entering your house and you say : "oh well, I guess I'll leave you this place and go live in a forest from now on."

That's what monkmaxxing sounds like to me
I think that this is a misconception, although an understandable one.

Being a monk is more like being a guy who is told by a friend: "come, let us burglar this house" and he replies "no, I prefer to stay here. Your desire for what is in the house will disappoint you. It is not worth it"

Monks have always been very active in the world, in fact. Both in Buddhism and in the West, monasteries were always large agricultural enterprises. Whether or not the monks themselves worked the land, they were the administrators, the accountants and the decision makers. Generally, they were quite good at it and their estates thrived. In the West, monasteries cleared large areas of forest and greatly increased the food supply.

Of course, in a monk's life, there are periods of retreat, which are necessary to conquer one's demons. But that is not the whole point.
becoming enlightened is harder than achieving worldly success
I really do not think so. Success in the world depends on a great many factors that are beyond your control. Enlightenment is a purely internal goal and you have therefore all the tools at your disposal.
I hate narcissistic roasties who identify as buddhist to be hip and unique for social media points.
That is the big problem with Buddhism in the West. It has become a joke.
I don't see it as a form of giving up either, Buddhists understand suffering, they understand that others get things that they can't and they prefer to stop thinking about it to get rid of suffering, because that's what they believe, but I see it as something better than being the average bluepilled simp
Agreed. But I think we can do even better than that.

See this thread:

Last edited:
This is why I roll with sanatana dharma

The only thing what matters is if are really TRUE

No, orthodoxy(eastern church) is the better choice. Buddhism will fuck you up, dont make your life worse than it is.

No, orthodoxy(eastern church) is the better choice. Buddhism will fuck you up, dont make your life worse than it is.

My man. From my experience, occidental followers of Buddhism tend to just be pretentious white hipsters -- divine liturgy is where it's at