Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutality on the stock market so far this year

W

WizardofSoda

Overlord
★★★★★
So far this year..

Nasdaq: down 29%
S&P 500: down 21%
My portfolio: down 4%

I am below pace for my goal of beating the S&P 500 Index by 25%, so I will need a good last 3 months.

Say the market goes down 10% but my account where I hold stocks and trade goes down 5%.. then I am happy because I gained 5% on the market.

Might get worse as EU crumbles from its own sanctions and RU-UKR war heats up.

It could fall like another 20%.
Strong holiday season will help.
But I don’t think it will be strong.
Walmart and target have supposedly been canceling orders.

Strong holiday season will help.
But I don’t think it will be strong.
Walmart and target have supposedly been canceling orders.

Walmart's stock could fall hard.

Walmart market cap: $362.0 billion
Walmart net income: $13.6 billion

So that is 26.6 times price/earnings.

Say 20% below here and Walmart would be closer to 20 times price/earnings which seems reasonable to me.

So far this year..

Nasdaq: down 29%
S&P 500: down 21%
My portfolio: down 4%

I am below pace for my goal of beating the S&P 500 Index by 25%, so I will need a good last 3 months.

Say the market goes down 10% but my account where I hold stocks and trade goes down 5%.. then I am happy because I gained 5% on the market.
It was a bubble. Bubble bursted.

I’m down 53% kek

It was a bubble. Bubble bursted.

Thats the main aspect. Corporate profits I think are actually up this year. To give an analogy say you have rental properties and your rents went up 3% this year. But the value of your properties tanked from bubble territory to lower values.

I’m down 53% kek

A brutal thing is how hard some industries got hit. So you could have bought in at a good price, and still honestly its a good price long run, but easily be down 50% and still falling.

Indexes since start of 2020

Spreadsheet I made for Index returns not counting dividends.

I’ve done better buying shares of sports players than I have stock.
Worst performer Juan soto -54% guy fell off a cliff after getting traded.

I’ve done better buying shares of sports players than I have stock.
Worst performer Juan soto -54% guy fell off a cliff after getting traded.

That sounds pretty fun. You can trade anything and make money, like there are pro-horse racing gamblers. And obviously poker players. Or traders of comic books and collectibles or antiques. If you like it and lose some then its just fun playing and following it.

That sounds pretty fun. You can trade anything and make money, like there are pro-horse racing gamblers. And obviously poker players. Or traders of comic books and collectibles or antiques. If you like it and lose some then its just fun playing and following it.
Use to get paranoid and watch my stock, forex and futures trades like a hawk every damn tick. Think that was my downfall.

Start of the mlb season I bought a few shares of the biggest names in baseball then forgot about them.

This is just the beginning the fed said they’re not lowering interest rates until after 2023. Also once we start using the weak food supply wheat/ corn and soybean harvest of this summer it’s going to be bad. It was a bad harvest. I’m weighed in on agriculture etfs