Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blind women, but not men, inexplicably concerned with physical attractiveness as much as sighted women, study shows.

L

Liptusg

Recruit
★★★
The Role of Vision in the Emergence of Mate Preferences

The study begins with a prelude about how many past studies have demonstrated that men generally tend to place more importance on youth and attractiveness in women than wealth and status, and vice versa for women - the wording can be misleading though, as it simply means that women say they value wealth and status more than men do when selecting a female partner, nor does it address standards and looksmatching - so for instance, 'Caring about attractiveness' from a man could mean a normie screening for obese hairy 50 year olds, while for a woman 'caring about attractiveness' translates into discounting 80% of men as insufficiently attractive at a glance as the OkCupid study has shown, while men's ratings of women were completely normalized.

Now, moving on to the relevant segment, this particular study examined the effects of blindness on Lookism in partner selection. The results? Blind men, in a strictly rational fashion, displayed a decreased degree of pickiness about their partner's appearance than sighted men, presumably especially when it comes to relatively subtle facial and other attributes which don't make a big impact on touch. Women, on the other hand, were just as invested in ensuring that they are dating a conventionally attractive male partner as sighted women were.

As the blind woman in this video explains:

"Just from their ( Her friends ) reaction of 'Oh, he's good-looking!', I can say 'Okay, he's good.' I'm more concerned with the affirmation from my friends that someone is cute, because I want to be seen with attractive people"

In other words, despite being personally unaffected within the scope of her relationship by a man's facial unattractiveness, and being unable to uncontrollable visual repulsion, she is still going to discriminate against them either due to some deeply ingrained, pointless hypergamous inhibition which causes discomfort from the mere knowledge that she is dating a 'genetic undesirable' ( And she can't even appeal to subjective taste because she said she relies on the evaluation of her friends, not her own, and wants to be seen with universally attractive people ), or she rules them out on the basis of the trifling loss of social status and inability to make other girls jealous which might result from it, or both.
The prospective ugly suitor is being excluded here for no other reason than the fact that society or that women's friends consider his innate bones and tissue to be 'subhuman' in their eyes, even if the relationship would've worked out perfectly fine on a deserted island.

How would normies react if that women said that even though she's blind, she must receive confirmation that the guys she is dating are White, Blonde and Aryan-looking, because she just doesn't want to be seen with anyone who isn't white enough? Because they used to say that just as commonly not too long ago, and many still do.

I reply to let you know you made a good thread that will help those less versed in the blackpill.

I want off this ride.

Women more shallow than men, stop the fucking press!!1!

How cucks will deny evidence with their 'persoonality' mantra?

The Role of Vision in the Emergence of Mate Preferences
The study begins with a prelude about how many past studies have demonstrated that men generally tend to place more importance on youth and attractiveness in women than wealth and status, and vice versa for women - the wording can be misleading though, as it simply means that women say they value wealth and status more than men do when selecting a female partner, nor does it address standards and looksmatching - so for instance, 'Caring about attractiveness' from a man could mean a normie screening for obese hairy 50 year olds, while for a woman 'caring about attractiveness' translates into discounting 80% of men as insufficiently attractive at a glance as the OkCupid study has shown, while men's ratings of women were completely normalized.

Now, moving on to the relevant segment, this particular study examined the effects of blindness on Lookism in partner selection. The results? Blind men, in a strictly rational fashion, displayed a decreased degree of pickiness about their partner's appearance than sighted men, presumably especially when it comes to relatively subtle facial and other attributes which don't make a big impact on touch. Women, on the other hand, were just as invested in ensuring that they are dating a conventionally attractive male partner as sighted women were.

As the blind woman in this video explains:

"Just from their ( Her friends ) reaction of 'Oh, he's good-looking!', I can say 'Okay, he's good.' I'm more concerned with the affirmation from my friends that someone is cute, because I want to be seen with attractive people"

In other words, despite being personally unaffected within the scope of her relationship by a man's facial unattractiveness, and being unable to uncontrollable visual repulsion, she is still going to discriminate against them either due to some deeply ingrained, pointless hypergamous inhibition which causes discomfort from the mere knowledge that she is dating a 'genetic undesirable' ( And she can't even appeal to subjective taste because she said she relies on the evaluation of her friends, not her own, and wants to be seen with universally attractive people ), or she rules them out on the basis of the trifling loss of social status and inability to make other girls jealous which might result from it, or both.
The prospective ugly suitor is being excluded here for no other reason than the fact that society or that women's friends consider his innate bones and tissue to be 'subhuman' in their eyes, even if the relationship would've worked out perfectly fine on a deserted island.

How would normies react if that women said that even though she's blind, she must receive confirmation that the guys she is dating are White, Blonde and Aryan-looking, because she just doesn't want to be seen with anyone who isn't white enough? Because they used to say that just as commonly not too long ago, and many still do.

Clown world , how is that even possible