Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Betting on your life, selfish thinking, lying to yourself. Advice for people in a horrible position. GETTING SHIT DONE.

H

HateCurry

Banned
-
I'm pretty sure a lot of you have experiences where you think of doing something and you bet on your life as if your life depend on whether you do it or not.

I've seen this sort of satire mainstream especially on YouTube shorts and stuff.

I'll give an example, many of you will know OneVilage. He made a video where, I don't remember this exactly but I think he was doing a bottle flip. Bottle flip is when you literally swing the bottle to flip it and it falls on the ground and stands exactly like it was, the bottom of the bottle where it should be. It takes precision and skills, it does.

While he was doing the bottle flip, he was making a bet, he was betting on his life, he said in quotes, "Me: If this doesn't land I'll die" or something along those lines where he was basically putting his life on risk so he actually gets it right, his life isn't literally on risk he just gets motivated to "get shit done" better if his life depends on it.

I think this really matters.

This is why it's basically ridiculous when people say, "Just get shit done, stop being a victim, man up" and so on.

The main problem I have with getting shit done for no reason this way is, overwork is unnecessary and a waste of time and you need the right reasons to do something or you're just stupid.

Nothing means anything if you don't do it with the right motivations.

By the way, I see the obvious problem with this line of thinking that I'm proposing you are, in a way creating a weird hypothetical, you aren't living in reality, your life doesn't literally depend on you doing 50 pushups but I recommend it. Do things like your life depend on them and never work without checking out your part of the pizza at the end of the day because at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

It doesn't have to be something so real, for example your mother tells you to wash the dishes and she doesn't kiss you later on or give you any gifts(completely normal example by the way). Maybe you can lie to yourself, "Hey, man up, I'm a better person after this, I listen to my mother and I'm a good boy now, I've changed as a person, this has really affected me mentally" something along those lines. I know that you're lying to yourself but even though you're lying to yourself, you feel good about yourself don't you? You value what you have more.

As a side note, I know my line has thinking has many problems, I know you're literally lying to yourself but hear me out, you'll live better.

I also came up with an alternative for you, if you don't want to lie to yourself, completely okay, completely acceptable. So you wanna be a skeptic huh? If you reject my offer completely fine.

Here's another offer. You don't always have to lie to yourself you can think in terms of others and sympathize with them even if they hate you.

For instance, you can see your mother's day has gotten better, easier.

You can say to yourself, "Look at this, I've got good dishes all clean, everything done, I've gotten a clean house"

It can be something as objective but less selfish.

It's a game you'll never win but you just can't quit, you have to think this way, there's no going back and changing things, play your cards right for now, enjoy later.

I always encourage selfish thinking in many ways selfish thinking can save you, but this is advice especially for those who're going through extremely tough times in their lives. Some people have to live this way because they're simply stuck. Some people have no choice but to hold themselves to a very unrealistic standard and I believe in order for someone to hold themselves to such an unrealistic standard they have to see unrealistic benefits.

Do something good like your life depends on it and remember to always be selfish and skeptical about what's gonna happen next, this is really important you can get killed going into situations with no objective benefit.

I want you to distinguish between things that won't get you injured and so on too. Size up your opponent.

See you for today, it's a long post sorry if you're bored and this is not Bluepill by the way, this isn't advice for everyone, if your life is that horrible you have to think this way.

thats a lot of cope
not reading that lawl