Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Being told your handsome all your life only to find out that your ugly

• Thread starter Lonesome Bright
  • Start date
L

Lonesome Bright

Self-banned
-
Just wanted to know if anybody here has been told by their parents throuout their lives that they are handsome, only to find that your ugly when you are an adult. I do not know about you but I have recently looked in the mirror and do not like what I see. I get very sad and depressed looking at myself, it is at this moment in time that I empathis with the females why they ran from me all along. I litteraly started crying on my bed when I came to this realisation. I have found throughout my life that only ugly, or fat females would be interested in me. Also I have had male friends tell me that I am handsome. To me this is another sign that I am not. Tell me your experences if any

Last edited:
I wouldn’t know since I am invisible to people, an ugly monster living in society that deserves to be killed :feelsjuice:

My parents showered me with saying how handsome I was all my life and still do.

So that was a fucking lie. - Game of Thrones Memes | Facebook

“The face only a mother would love”

All parents do this OP. You’re good.

@screwthefbi

Ya "handsome" is more of a wishy washy term. Sometimes it literally means useful in the pack animal sense. It's better to be called cute, preferably by someone other than your parents or the school bully. Even being called by your first name in a neutral tone is better than handsome.

Yeah relatives told me that i am handsome, foids told me that i'm OK which means ugly in reality.

My face could be attractive if I only had a few more millimeters of jaw bone.

Really, what separates us from life and death is so little.

I was pre-puberty:fuk:.

At some point I learned “handsome” is basically a meaningless term. It basically means you’re decently groomed. If you get a nice haircut and dress nicely, you are considered “handsome.”

Guys who are actually good looking will not be given just words, they will be showered in attention and affection by female family members, and in different ways by non family members. But when they are given words, the words will be more along the lines of “you look like a movie star” which is a non-uncomfortable way for someone to tell their family member they look very attractive in a way that actually evokes sexuality.

At some point I learned “handsome” is basically a meaningless term. It basically means you’re decently groomed. If you get a nice haircut and dress nicely, you are considered “handsome.”

Guys who are actually good looking will not be given just words, they will be showered in attention and affection by female family members, and in different ways by non family members. But when they are given words, the words will be more along the lines of “you look like a movie star” which is a non-uncomfortable way for someone to tell their family member they look very attractive in a way that actually evokes sexuality.
thank you for the knowledge, stupid foid language that is confusing as fuck

I had some of this and I may have actually been handsome when I was skinny, or at least I'd say my face was MTN+ (now it's fat and puffy). But at 5ft tall I quickly realized it meant nothing as an adult.

Words are cheap.

mogs me, i was never called handsome even by my own mother, instead i received pointless virtue-signalling, such as "looks don't matter for men" or the most infuriating imo "A man must be slightly more attractive than a monkey". Obviously they tried to not to quel my already fragile self-esteem by being dishonest.

mogs me, i was never called handsome even by my own mother, instead i received pointless virtue-signalling, such as "looks don't matter for men" or the most infuriating imo "A man must be slightly more attractive than a monkey". Obviously they tried to not to quel my already fragile self-esteem by being dishonest.
looking back mother did this to me but with my strength I have always been weaker than the average joe. Mother used to say somethng like It is not manly to pick on someone who is weaker than yourself. but I know understand that weak/different/ugly people are hated and abused by the strong.

Just get a mirror theory

I've been told I'm charming, which is at least not as insulting because it isn't as obvious of a lie. Maybe if I actually talked to my parents about relationships and how ugly I am, they would've lied to me more about being handsome and height not mattering.

I mean it’s all chill. You don’t have to worry about it seeing as how MOST families do this.
it's not chill it's fucking cringe. parents bullshitting their kids is one of the purest cancers out there. how do you expect the kid to become an adult if you constantly lie to it

fucking pathetic

I hate being told that i am handsome when its obvious that i am manlet subhuman who will die a virgin. Id rather be called ugly than hearing this bullshit

Our life’s are filled with lies to nobody’s surprise

never believed her when my mother told me those things, she was sort of joking about it when she did tell.

it's not chill it's fucking cringe. parents bullshitting their kids is one of the purest cancers out there. how do you expect the kid to become an adult if you constantly lie to it

fucking pathetic

I always knew that I'm not attractive. Therefore my moms compliments about me being handslme always made me feel even worse about myself and the compliments didn't come across as genuine at all.

I don't understand why mothers do this shit. I think dads probably have more social capability to understand that they shouldn't even comment on their daughters looks, unless it has something to do with her dressing inappropriately.

I always knew that I'm not attractive. Therefore my moms compliments about me being handslme always made me feel even worse about myself and the compliments didn't come across as genuine at all.

I don't understand why mothers do this shit. I think dads probably have more social capability to understand that they shouldn't even comment on their daughters looks, unless it has something to do with her dressing inappropriately.
holes are all about feefees

if you feel something hard enough, it's true :feelswhat:

slay kween

Never been called handsome by any family member.

I've known for most of my life i was ugly the actions people exhibited negative hostile and combative responses the facial expressions of befuddlement & disgust (non verbal cues) were massive indicators.

My parents never said anything about my looks but school experiences blackpilled me quickly. I don't know how you go into the adult world not knowing where you stand in the looks hierarchy

My parents and family told me I was ugly, I thought I wasn't too bad looking, then random people told me I was ugly, I still didn't think I was too bad looking, took me until I was 18-19 to truly realize how far below average I was, delusion and a bluepilled worldview is one helluva drug.

My parents never said anything about my looks but school experiences blackpilled me quickly. I don't know how you go into the adult world not knowing where you stand in the looks hierarchy
my mother brought me up to believe that people who bully you are jealous of you, or have a problem. How can I figure it out? with these belief systems in place.

My parents and family told me I was ugly, I thought I wasn't too bad looking, then random people told me I was ugly, I still didn't think I was too bad looking, took me until I was 18-19 to truly realize how far below average I was, delusion and a bluepilled worldview is one helluva drug.
yep I know when your backward traditional parents tell you how good looking you are and how lucky a girl would be to have you because your NICE and would TREAT THEM WELL. and oh the big one it is not normal to go out till early hours of the morning. and oh another one it is not normal for teenagers to have sex.

Only pure hate my family so no