Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Becoming a hermit

W

whatnowlol

Recruit
★★★
Anyone else thought about becoming a hermit? I'm thinking about moving into the middle of some jungle/forest and live in a cabin far from society, maybe with a dog or something. I will grow my own food and stuff.

Being a hermit isn't as good as you think it is. And jfl at growing your own food

I'd rather have electricity and plumbing tyvm.

It's only nice for the first few weeks but then it's gonna take its toll on you. And this is my experience as a NEET, Imagine if I was a hermit living in the middle of nowhere.

social isolation will slowly but surely drive you insane. especially if you're out in the middle of nowhere with literally nothing to do except grow food and shit

nah thats too much cope, NEET life > hermit life

I moved to maui and tried it but couldnt go a few days without social interaction..its nice having friends and family even if you are ugly

I moved to maui and tried it but couldnt go a few days without social interaction..its nice having friends and family even if you are ugly

What if you have neither?

I’m a city hermit, doesn’t bother me too much.

I can't live without internet

I have, but after watching couple videos of primitive technology I realised that I wouldn't be able to cope with living in a shit shack.
If I had a nice, well built cabin in the middle of the woods somewhere I'd be fine.

https://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hermit

You probably have AvPD. If you crave for total isolation for reasons that are not religious... yep. Probably.

I tried to live 10 days in total isolation, no internet or hot water or electricity. Only phonecalls, until your phone is dead. Then, nothing at all. I did it when i liked buddhism a lot, and i meditated for hours every day. Nonetheless it was pure hell. (The place i tried to do it is this: http://www.oseling.org/index.php?lang=eng) I thought that trying to live as a monk for 10 days would be a good idea before becoming a full hermit. Im pretty glad i did it...

Hermits are normies that had friends during childhood, his parents loved him, he had a chance to live a normal life and have a wife... and he did not chose it, but a life of isolation feeling loved by a God and a reliigious community, and probably a family that also supports him. We incels didnt have a normie childhood, and never really had a chance to have a normal life at all. As hermits, we dont sacrifice our precious life for a greater "mystical" good, we just want to leave our worthless life behind for a "supernatural" one, wich is supposed to beway better. When your main problem is that you can barely socialice and have friends (lets not talk about a gf) doing the exact opposite of solving this problem is deluded and a infinte source of unnecesary pain. Most hermits are "normies" trying to become even more naive or "bluepilled" through supertitions and rituals...

I seriously think that being homeless in a big city is way better than becoming any of these monks for example:

I'm a hermit with internet, but not what you said about moving to somewhere remote.

I've been a hermit since early 2014

Being a hermit is my Plan B to sui.

I tried the hermit and non hermit life.

Both are equally shitty when you're an incel in my humble opinion.

All I need is a computer, water and some food