Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Bait-and-switch of main characters in established movies and series

Incel doomer

Incel doomer

Officer
★★★★★
What's up with all these movies and series that's about a certain character. But then basically sideline the main character by other characters, none really asked for. Especially Disney.

Obi-Wan seems to be just as much about Inquisitor Refa. Then on top of that we have Leia. And in episode 3 another resistance woman is added, so i'm guessing she will also have a sizable role in the future.

We saw this in the Witcher series as well. Where Geralt basically had 1/3 of screen time in his own story.
And Ciri's story in season one was just as snooze, meanwhile Yennefer was shit.

Then we have the He-Man cartoon, where he is basically replaced by a buff woman.
In Wheel of Time, Moraine is all of a sudden the main character and Rand, the intended Dragon Reborn, has minimum things to do.

Hawkeye series is just as much about Kate Bishop.

In Terminator Dark Fate, they Kill off John Connor, making all the sacrifices through the series mean nothing... Only to have a new "chosen one" that's a woman.
Arnolds T-800 is reduced to a joke, and it's quite clear the main focus is about the 3 main women.

Note that it's usually men who get switched for women. You never get to see for example Wonder Woman get partially replaced by a male counterpart in her own movie. People would be outraged if 50% of the movie was about Aquaman in HER movie.
I don't know, it's like the creators want to be as feminist as possible, and then you can't have some guy being the main character.
But at the same time, they know certain established character sells. So it becomes a hodgepodge.

What's your view on it all?

Note that it's usually men who get switched for women. You never get to see for example Wonder Woman get partially replaced by a male counterpart in her own movie.
True. The closest example I can come up to a man taking over is I noticed they put too much Doctor strange in the spidermen. Even then it's different because they're both guys so no one cares.

Doctor strange's newest movie (not good by the way) ended up being hijacked by women and minorities.

This i why I don't watch a lot of movies/tv-shows anymore, Hollyjews have always been subversive but nowadays it's so over the top you'd have to be a fucking retard not to notice it.
I don't know what the plan is, maybe give men no more good male role models so they go tranny or start looking at black negrorap for their role models, whatever it is it's fucking annoying.

It cannot get worse than this: a movie titled Mad Max: Fury Road this and that, turns Max into a mumbling moron that cannot do anything right.
He is inconsequential to the story, and he is quickly sidelined to a woman who is the real hero and protagonist of this """Mad Max""" movie.

Last edited:
If it's going to be titled MAD MAX, Max should be in the spotlight, they did him dirty and gave his beloved interceptor only two fucking minutes. Max felt like a support character, and it felt like the wives had more screen time. The ending was shit, he just walked away to the wasteland with nothing, why did he even help Furiosa in the first place? He should have made a deal with Immortan Joe to exchange the wife's for his interceptor. The Mad Max game ending worked 100 times better, and it was better written as well. The movie was just a feminist shit pile and nothing more.