Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Autismcel trait, you feel younger for your age.

autisticghost

autisticghost

My birth was an error
-
Part of autism/asperges/hfa is having delayed social-emotional development, usually by about 4 or 5 years. That explains why my teenage years and early 20s were absolute hell. When everyone else's brain was developing as normal, my social development was literally at that of a 14 year old. Even at 24 I feel like I *just* turned 18, while everyone else is progressing normally.

In some ways i feel the opposite. I feel like a 23 year old man but also feel like i am mentally trapped in adolescence because i lack even the most basic of social experiences. I am an adult that does boring adult shit but without any of the things that makes being an adult worthwhile e.g. sex and actual friends

I feel as if I've aged way too rapidly in other regards, while never experiencing a normal progression.
My life feels like I've been rushed to the ending and I'm just sitting at the finish line waiting.

not sure how I feel about this. I feel jaded and old compared to the people my age that I have to talk to, I never really see my group of genuine friends from my hometown but we keep in touch, and they experience the same thoughts as I do, sometimes we joke about how we don't feel like adults even though we're in our 20s. also I'm one of the youngest at 24. so it's normal to an extent I think.

on the other hand, I still get I.D'd all the fucking time. I feel like I look like a 30 year old ogre because I have a nicotine addiction and I drink just about every day (jfl at my brain typing that instead of just admitting I'm an alcoholic). the other day I stopped into a shop for cigarettes and the cashier asked me for I.D, I didn't bring my wallet in with me just my card. I was like "my license is in my car do you want me to get it?" and she was like "yeah haha" and I asked her if she was serious and she said yeah please I need to make sure. I'm lean but not short so it's not like I look like a kid, maybe autism comes with some phenotype that makes you look childish.

i do feel younger

I'll be 28 this year, i feel like 16

I also feel much younger than i am, probably due to autism and no life experience.

yeah literally the same with me

yes it's thought i grow up slightly whe i entered my early 20's, this year i will turn 23

but also feel like i am mentally trapped in adolescence because i lack even the most basic of social experiences. I am an adult that does boring adult shit but without any of the things that makes being an adult worthwhile e.g. sex and actual friends
yep same here but i'm 21
i missed out on all the worthwhile teen experiences, and now i am missing out on all the worthwhile adult experiences
:feelsmage: :feelsbadman:

we're all in arrested development because of our looks

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back