Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Toxic Femininity "As a tall male w/ a short male friend I just had my world shattered into what short guys have to put up with! Why is society so cruel?"

Zhou Chang-Xing

Zhou Chang-Xing

Overlord
★★★★★
r/AskReddit
u/MrTrampStamp avatarMrTrampStam
Joi
As a tall male w/ a short male friend I just had my world shattered into what short guys have to put up with! Why is society so cruel
So I'm a tall guy (6'6'') and my best friend is (5'4''). We always joke about each others height. But then he told me how he finally came to terms with his short stature after years of torment and put downs (we're in our mid twenties), which came to a surprise to me because I always thought ppl just joked about it like we did. How mistaken I was

To educate me on how different our worlds were he just told me that we should go everywhere together for a week but act like we're not friends and for me to just observe how people treated him.

The big and obvious things were over the weekend when we were out on Fri and Sat nights bar/club hopping. I know it's not an ideal place to find a "take her home to your parents" kind of deal. But witnessing him strike out was normal because most guys do. But the worst reply was a girl who made a snide noise like a disgusted gasp and told him that he should just quit while he was ahead…(she pauses) a head shorter! She and the two other girls she was with had a laugh on my buddy’s behalf (I call bitch status). I asked him why he didn’t get pissed or anything and he said that if he did, he would just be labeled as a short guy w/ a napoleon complex. He learned short guys can never be upset about their height or the way ppl treat him about his height. So it’s like a lose lose no matter what he does.

Today we just got back from Frys Electronics. He told me to walk in first and that I would be greeted with a hello and to watch him not get anything until he said something first. I walked in no eye contact w/ the employee at the entrance, I got a hello welcome to Frys. He comes in, also no eye contact, the employee sees him and just ignores him until he said good afternoon and he only gets a hi back, no “welcome to frys.” I was floored, he called it. s.m.!?nyp called it.

Another thing he pointed out is how tall people can be insecure about their height and society is okay with their issues w/ height. Which is true, I was made fun of a lot seeing how I was 5’9’’ in sixth grade, 6’ by middle school, and 6’4’’ by senior year. I hated being a tower over everybody including the teachers and hate when people point out my excessive height like I’m a freak show. “How’s the weather up there,” “You play basketball right?” I had insecurities w/ my height. It’s not so bad now but when women say they don’t get w/ short guys because they’re insecure, what about tall guys insecurities? You still get with them I presume. IDK I’m guessing they say that so they don’t feel shallow.

He told me so many other things as well but I don’t want this to become longer than it already is. But I want to ask if people treat people differently based on height? Do you know you’re actively doing it? Or is it because ppl actually feel taller men are automatically better or deserve preferential treatment over shorter guys?

TLDR – Learned a lot from my short friend that ppl treat him differently, didn’t believe him until he started pointing out instances. My world perception was shattered and lost some faith in humanity from what I saw. Didn’t know women can be so ugly (personality-wise) towards short guys.

EDIT: Wow! I never imagined I would get number 1 first page on askreddit. Thanks everybody. I will mention that a half dozen or so short guys have mentioned when they post similar content that they are usually down voted or chastised for speaking out, it's only since I'm tall that I'm getting positive comments. I asked my short friend about it and he said that he wouldn't know if being short was the case with the other guys because one cannot convey tone across the internet unless he (the OP) was truly being an ass about it, but nonetheless he wasn't surprised because short people tend to not have a good platform to speak of such matters that affect them. He told me to try and make a new account and pretend I'm a short guy posting the same topic and see whether people are more or less receptive on the matter concerning height disparities coming from a short person. I'll probably try that someday seeing how I cannot pretend being a short guy in real life or in person. Thanks again everybody, I'll still be answering as many comments as possible, I'm really interested in this seeing how my friend just opened up my world.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/rv73r/as_a_tall_male_w_a_short_male_friend_i_just_had/

I’d recommend you to forget these people and just walk away.

I’m 177 cm (5′9,5) tall and one of my friends who is taller that me (187 cm) used to call me short very often and joke over it because it seemed funny to him. So I told him “One more joke and you’ll never see me again. I’m fed up”. So this guy did shut up. You can tell this to your friends who might be scared to lose you. You can also check your friendship this way.

If those people aren’t your friends then there’s nothing to worry about. You shouldn’t pay any of your attention on morons who try to mask their own shortcomings making you feel bad. By the way, my friend was one of them. He had nothing to be proud of except his height…

I used to worry about my height back in the day. Now I see that there’s actually no short height. The difference between you and me is over nine inches but we are both called short. That’s silly, ain’t it? According to this sh*t, a guy of 6 feet is short too because there are people, both men and women, who are way taller than 6 ft.

I think you shouldn’t tell them to shut up, you should kick them out of your life. That will make them shut up forever.

tldnr put some pictures in it

prince (my avi) was only 5'2

beyond brutal

I'm a short guy. Oh god, it's fucking horrible.

When you are tall and: Fat: Cuddely .. Skinny: Rockstar.. Musculair: Adonis..

When you are short and: Fat: Pudgemeister.. Skinny: Rodent.. Musculair: Obviously trying to compensate...

beyond brutal

Yeah, but he's a Tyronelet, toilets fetishise how "petite" he was. Tyrone doesn't live in the same universe as the rest of us.

beyond brutal

Screenshot 20230226 170504

He was also a good looksmaxxer, high heelmaxxing some extra inches to be at least the height of the average toilet (likely 5'4 or 5'5).

With high heels he suddenly enters the "fuckable" category.

https://incels.is/threads/at-what-height-is-it-actually-over-for-you.460067/

This is as 5'4 guys get laid as much as men of other heights, it's only ovER for you if you're below the average toilet. This is why high heelsmaxxing is so important for all men below 6'5.

TLDR: Manlets are the most oppressed group of people out there and should be given at least $5k a year as compensation.

When I was 5'3 people would always call me shrimp.

Kill all normies (in video game)

Elect me as president and I will give HGH to every short teenager

\\\
"Another thing he pointed out is how tall people can be insecure about their height and society is okay with their issues w/ height. Which is true, I was made fun of a lot seeing how I was 5’9’’ in sixth grade, 6’ by middle school, and 6’4’’ by senior year."
6th grade was middle school dumb fuck.

When you are short and: Fat: Pudgemeister.. Skinny: Rodent.. Musculair: Obviously trying to compensate...
are you also 5'9 3/4? or are you 6' +.

This was from 10 years ago wtf mang Blackpill is brutal

manlets are unironically the most oppressed group in society. life is just so cruel, it feels like my existence is a miserable joke designed to cause me as much suffering as possible sometimes.

manlets are unironically the most oppressed group in society. life is just so cruel, it feels like my existence is a miserable joke designed to cause me as much suffering as possible sometimes.
rick grimes GIF by The Walking Dead