Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are your parents worried?

S

scihub

Whitepilled STEMcel
Do any of you ever have conversations about your incel status with your parents?
Directly or indirectly?
Who brings it up?
How do they respond? (Offer platitudes, advice, well meaning or out-of-touch)
Have any of them offered to do anything to help?

I think it would be interesting to share direct experiences, especially how it affects parents to see their little man fail to meet one of life's most important milestones again and again, and whether their responses (or lack of) have made things better or worse for you.

I don't know if they are they hide it well because every time it gets brought up they just repeat the same platitudes that there is someone out there and that I'll figure it out.

they don't say anything

I am an orphancel :feelsbadman:

I used to talk to my mom about being ugly, lonely, and wanting a girlfriend and how this impacts a guy’s life but I just got gaslighted all the time and told to man up so I stopped talking to her about it. I don’t think they truly care, they say they do but I don’t believe that bull.

I don't know if they are they hide it well because every time it gets brought up they just repeat the same platitudes that there is someone out there and that I'll figure it out.
... sounds like mine a few years ago. Mine have recently evolved to telling me to lower my standards (they don't realize my bar is literally the ninth circle of hell already)

... sounds like mine a few years ago. Mine have recently evolved to telling me to lower my standards (they don't realize my bar is literally the ninth circle of hell already)
Mine are not there yet.